2015 + Expedition & Navigator 2015 + Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

16 Expedition: Factory Code retrieval not working

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 08:23 AM
wmcneil
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
16 Expedition: Factory Code retrieval not working

I have a 2016 Expedition with two intelligent access keys(FOBs). I am second owner, and first owner did leave the owners manual or the 5-digit factory code. I did a chat session with Ford, and they gave me the procedure below to retrieve the code, which does not work. (the third press of the start button has the same effect as turning the ignition off with a conventional key).

Does anyone know a procedure that does work to retrieve the factory code? Or the location where the code might be located? (I have searched under the dash on the drivers side and passengers side and have not been able to locate it.)

Here is the procedure I obtained from a chat session with Ford (this does not work, third press of start/stop button turns everything off):

1. Place the first programmed key in the backup slot inside the center console. The key ring must be at the top with the buttons facing toward the rear. If there is no backup slot, place the key underneath the rubber covering at the bottom of the cup holder.
2. Press the START/STOP button once and wait a few seconds.
3. Press the START/STOP button again and remove the key.
4. Insert the second programmed key into the backup slot, then press the START/STOP button.
5. The factory-set code will appear in the information display for a few seconds. It may not display until after other warning messages have displayed first.

Old 12-29-2016, 08:55 AM
B-McD
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not sure why that procedure did not work for you. Here is the excerpt from the owners manual - but based on regular keys not intelligent access:

Displaying the Factory Set Code
Note: You will need to have two
programmed passive anti-theft keys for this
procedure.
To display the factory-set code in the
information display:
1. Insert a key into the ignition and switch
the ignition on for a few seconds.
2. Switch the ignition off and remove the
key.
3. Insert the second key into the ignition
and switch the ignition on.
The factory-set code will display for a few
seconds.
Note: The code may not display until after
any other warning messages first display.

Here is a link to the owners manual: http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo...US_06_2015.pdf

Old 12-29-2016, 09:01 AM
wmcneil
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by B-McD
Not sure why that procedure did not work for you. Here is the excerpt from the owners manual - but based on regular keys not intelligent access:.....
The owners manual does not contain the procedure for vehicles with intelligent access. The procedure I put in my original post was obtained via a chat session with Ford. It most definitely does not work, and subsequent chat sessions have not yielded any further insight. It is the procedure that the Ford reps are trained to provide, but it does not work.

Old 01-07-2017, 06:26 AM
Beachums
Tuned
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
If you have the dual screen IP it should be in the "vehicle settings" menu on the left screen.
At least it is with my MY '15