6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

FORScan and As-Built Data

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 08:27 AM
blkout50
Tuned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ZooDad
Mike great news. I will check the files in the morning.
Let me know if you need me to do done comparisons also.
Thanks
Keith
Thanks Keith! Definitely will need help with comparisons and testing settings found. It takes a while for DPF to get to 85% to see if the settings made a difference.

I apologize, I did not up load the ab file last night. With the VIN the Larry found, I d/l the ab file. I was in such a hurry to start comparing files that I forgt to up load them.

I did make a change to my settings last night. I am close to a regen and felt I had to do something... anything... even if it was wrong!

So I took a wild swing...

These are the settings for my truck currently:
720-01-01 EA21 BA83 EF60, disable DPF screen
720-01-01 EA21 BA83 FF70, enable DPF screen

This is the setting from the truck that Larry found:
720-01-01 EA21 BA82 7FEF, enable DPF screen with compass direction letter on info center screen

I am currently sitting at 80% on my DPF... and no "Hold OK to Clean" message... yet.

Edit: I made my settings match the truck settings that Larry found.

Mike

Last edited by blkout50; 12-08-2016 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Update info
Old 12-08-2016, 08:53 AM
ZooDad
Received 591 Likes on 344 Posts
I will plug those into mine as well. I'm at 90%.

Also no was to back up all modules at once that I found. I did find it easier to screenshot. (Snipping tool) my module values for quick reference. I would split the screen and have the photo on one side and FORScan on the other

I also agree with Larry. If you have you original as build data from Ford you always have the values available for reference.
I have not had the issue you are describing.

Keith

Old 12-08-2016, 02:08 PM
Trash Hauler
Mountain Pass
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by blkout50
NAV override allows data entry in MyFordTouch while moving. All that is required is to change the second digit from a 5 to a 7.

AMPI "AsBuilt" Module:
7D0-02-01 x5xx xxxx xxxx Factory setting
7D0-02-01 x7xx xxxx xxxx NAV Override
I changed the NAV override setting on my truck and my Travel Link (weather, traffic, etc) disappeared. Not a major deal for me since I currently don't have a subscription to any of the services. Anyone else have this issue?

Also for whatever reason, I cannot get the DRL to work in any of the configurations. If I enable the low beam then go into BdyCM Module configuration (NOT AS BUILT format) it shows DRL enabled and DRL type as low beam but the lights do not turn on. If I select fog or turn signals in AS BUILT I get "error" for both DRL and DRL Type in the BdyCM Module. Ideas?

Bob

Old 12-08-2016, 02:10 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Backup isn't really the total issue and yes I can use notepad to document changes.

My problem is that I can't save/write the nav changes. I can make the change but when I go to save/write it I get the same error. BUT I enabled "dark car", since mine is black and it saved those changes fine.

Old 12-08-2016, 02:12 PM
savage250
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The DRL on my truck only turn on when the truck is in gear... just want to make sure you tried that too.

Old 12-08-2016, 02:26 PM
blkout50
Tuned
Originally Posted by Trash Hauler
I changed the NAV override setting on my truck and my Travel Link (weather, traffic, etc) disappeared. Not a major deal for me since I currently don't have a subscription to any of the services. Anyone else have this issue?

Also for whatever reason, I cannot get the DRL to work in any of the configurations. If I enable the low beam then go into BdyCM Module configuration (NOT AS BUILT format) it shows DRL enabled and DRL type as low beam but the lights do not turn on. If I select fog or turn signals in AS BUILT I get "error" for both DRL and DRL Type in the BdyCM Module. Ideas?

Bob
To be honest, I didn't pay any attention to the travel link. My subscription is still active. I will check it when I get out to my truck this afternoon.

Your DRL turn on when you place the truck in gear.

Hth
Mike

Old 12-08-2016, 02:27 PM
blkout50
Tuned
Originally Posted by savage250
The DRL on my truck only turn on when the truck is in gear... just want to make sure you tried that too.
Yes that is correct.

Old 12-08-2016, 04:00 PM
Trash Hauler
Mountain Pass
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
To be honest, I didn't pay any attention to the travel link. My subscription is still active. I will check it when I get out to my truck this afternoon.

Your DRL turn on when you place the truck in gear.

Hth
Mike
Yup, operator head-space and timing. Other vehicle DRL comes on with the ignition, didnt even think to put it in gear. Low beams work, will reprogram for turn signals when i get home.

Thanks for the help.

Bob

Old 12-08-2016, 05:42 PM
ZooDad
Yup, operator head-space and timing. Other vehicle DRL comes on with the ignition, didnt even think to put it in gear. Low beams work, will reprogram for turn signals when i get home.

Thanks for the help.

Bob
I did the same thing, when I tried blkout info. Until I put it in gear... and shut off Auto lights (It was dusk)

Glad you got it going

Keith

Old 12-08-2016, 06:01 PM
ZooDad
OCR Option

So I needed some quiet time after a couple hectic days at the office.
Went over some notes and old posts.
Just Strokin (Larry) Larry posted up the first info on how to enable DPF % screen using IDS. IDS - DPF % Screen

If you notice in the 2nd photo is says Diesel Particulate Filter Cleaning (PCM) - Not Equipped.

Larry comments in a later post that he did not notice any change so he left it Not Equipped. I will go back in my IDS and check / Change mine and recheck As Built data for any changes. But being it is noted in the PCM we may not be able to see it (yet)...

I am comparing the AB data to the one posted that has OCR enabled.

Thanks
Keith

Old 12-08-2016, 08:50 PM
blkout50
Tuned

Bob
Bob,
You're correct! The travel Link does disappear when the NAV Override is set. Thank you for noticing! When the NAV is returned to the Factory setting, the Travel Link returns. For the mean time, I will make a note on the origin post so everyone is aware.

Thanks again,
Mike

Last edited by blkout50; 12-08-2016 at 11:58 PM. Reason: fix typo
Old 12-08-2016, 09:21 PM
blkout50
Tuned
Originally Posted by Dakster
My problem is that I can't save/write the nav changes. I can make the change but when I go to save/write it I get the same error. BUT I enabled "dark car", since mine is black and it saved those changes fine.
Dakster,

I'm assuming that you enabled "Dark Car" at a different time than the NAV changes. Is your Extended License still Valid? I had a similar problem when mine expired.

Mike

Old 12-08-2016, 11:37 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Yeah, I just renewed my license, I tried the NAV part first...

Ohh and dark car turns off the interior lights when you open the door - like a law enforcement vehicle. So I will be turning that back to disabled.

Old 12-08-2016, 11:56 PM
blkout50
Tuned
I did make a change to my settings last night. I am close to a regen and felt I had to do something... anything... even if it was wrong!

So I took a wild swing...

These are the settings for my truck currently:
720-01-01 EA21 BA83 EF60, disable DPF screen
720-01-01 EA21 BA83 FF70, enable DPF screen

This is the setting from the truck that Larry found:
720-01-01 EA21 BA82 7FEF, enable DPF screen with compass direction letter on info center screen

I am currently sitting at 80% on my DPF... and no "Hold OK to Clean" message... yet.

Edit: I made my settings match the truck settings that Larry found.

Mike
My DPF reached 85% and I DID NOT get "Hold OK to Clean" message. Bad news is that I have a DTC error. Good news is that I have a DTC error. This gives me a place to start looking. I changed my setting back to my originals (720-01-01 EA21 BA83 FF70, enable DPF screen) for now and cleared the DTC.

Note: My truck ran fine and did not notice anything different about it.

The DTC that I have is;
Code: U045A
- Invalid Data Received From Parking Assist Control Module A.

Additional Fault System:
-Invalid/Incompatible Configuration

Module: Instrument Panel Control Module.

Mike

Last edited by blkout50; 12-09-2016 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Fix typo
Old 12-09-2016, 10:45 AM
blkout50
Tuned
Originally Posted by ZooDad
So I needed some quiet time after a couple hectic days at the office.
Went over some notes and old posts.
Just Strokin (Larry) Larry posted up the first info on how to enable DPF % screen using IDS. IDS - DPF % Screen

If you notice in the 2nd photo is says Diesel Particulate Filter Cleaning (PCM) - Not Equipped.

Larry comments in a later post that he did not notice any change so he left it Not Equipped. I will go back in my IDS and check / Change mine and recheck As Built data for any changes. But being it is noted in the PCM we may not be able to see it (yet)...

I am comparing the AB data to the one posted that has OCR enabled.

Thanks
Keith
Nice find Keith!!
If OCR can be turned on in IDS, we should be able to reverse engineer the settings and transfer to FORScan. me know if you need me to do done comparisons also.

Edit: Keith, if you need help comparing files I can help.

Last edited by blkout50; 12-09-2016 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Fix typo errors

Quick Reply: FORScan and As-Built Data