Looking for a New Project - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wpnaes

Looking for a New Project

Old 11-28-2016, 08:52 PM
Jag Red 54
Postmaster
Jag Red 54 has a very good reputation on FTE.Jag Red 54 has a very good reputation on FTE.Jag Red 54 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Looking for a New Project

Have you recently seen a truck for sale that you were tempted to buy? The last two deals that I found tempting were nixed because I did not have the room for another vehicle. And of course, now that I have the room, I can't find a good deal.☹️ If you know of a truck that is mostly done, I would love to finish it. I'm looking for something in SoCal because I have recently moved to San Diego County. Jag

Old 12-01-2016, 10:50 AM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader
wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
Tempta

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/la...894452782.html

Yep, I'm tempted all the time.

Attached Images  
Old 12-01-2016, 12:00 PM
SpringerPop
Too old to be too smart
SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
However, there are some things to which you just gotta' say, "No!"

I believe that '54 is one of them.

Pop

Old 12-01-2016, 05:34 PM
bpounds
2 bit Californian
bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
I thought this was pretty cool. 1965 F100 4x4 OBO

Old 12-01-2016, 05:38 PM
bpounds
2 bit Californian
bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
It's kinda fun selecting work projects for other guys

1961 econoline pickup truck f100 rod

Old 12-01-2016, 06:03 PM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader
wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by SpringerPop View Post
just say, "No!"

I believe that '54 is one of them.

Pop
Reminds me Tom Hanks in the 'Money Pit'.

Old 12-01-2016, 09:41 PM
SpringerPop
Too old to be too smart
SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by bpounds View Post
It's kinda fun selecting work projects for other guys

1961 econoline pickup truck f100 rod
That is definitely NOT an F-100, by any stretch! Though it's officially an "E-100", it's a quarter-ton at best.

The only good thing about this early Econoline is that someone had the good sense to pull the little 144 cubic inch out of it. They probably had to, for the burnt-up rockers and shafts. It's a top-end lack-of-oiling nightmare.

However, the rear differential can't take much more torque than the 144 could deliver, so I wouldn't go hot-rodding it.

Another "real problem" with that truck is that the occupants are the very first thing to arrive at the scene of any kind of front-end collision.

I've driven and worked on literally dozens of them. Would I own and drive one today? NEVER!

(And we thought Ralph Nader was hard on Corvairs.....)

Pop

Old 12-01-2016, 11:38 PM
Jag Red 54
Postmaster
Jag Red 54 has a very good reputation on FTE.Jag Red 54 has a very good reputation on FTE.Jag Red 54 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I like the econoline, but I could not fit in one. I remember a hot rod back in the 70s that was made from two of them welded together end to end! It was painted canary yellow and I believe that that it could be driven from both cabins.

Old 12-02-2016, 12:20 AM
SpringerPop
Too old to be too smart
You'd have to be Andre The Giant to not fit.

One thing they DID have was cab space.

The van model was a bit more utilitarian.

Pop

Old 12-03-2016, 09:14 AM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader
Attached Images  
Old 12-03-2016, 10:33 AM
bpounds
2 bit Californian
^ That's a good find!

Would love to tackle an old Bronco. But they are too rich for me.

Old 01-05-2017, 11:48 AM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader
John, are you still looking?

Old 01-05-2017, 04:23 PM
Jag Red 54
Postmaster
Not as hard as I was. I bought a new F150 on New Years Eve. Now that I have it, it would take an exceptional project/deal to get me to open the old check book. John

Old 01-05-2017, 10:38 PM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader
Congrats!!!

Old 01-05-2017, 10:59 PM
Jag Red 54
Postmaster
Thanks, I got a left over 2016 long bed with the EcoBoost for 30% off! 🤘

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking for a New Project

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.