Notices

Brake wiring.

Old 11-12-2016, 09:38 AM
amdriven2liv
I'm hitting easy street
amdriven2liv has a superb reputationamdriven2liv has a superb reputationamdriven2liv has a superb reputationamdriven2liv has a superb reputationamdriven2liv has a superb reputationamdriven2liv has a superb reputationamdriven2liv has a superb reputationamdriven2liv has a superb reputationamdriven2liv has a superb reputationamdriven2liv has a superb reputationamdriven2liv has a superb reputation
Brake wiring.

Fellow RVer is coming by to compare my brake wiring at the hub to his. He blew a tire. 2010 Mountaineer 5th wheel 324 RLQ (Yes, we have the same one)

I just looked at mine. I have 2 white wires dropping out of the floor to drive side axel. (side the tire blew) I can't see a difference between the 2 wires. No markings.

They drop to the cross over wires to the passenger side, which one is a brown color, the other white.

So, How do we figure out which white wire goes to the brown wire and also the other white wire to actual brake?

wire 1 = white to brown and white
white 2 = to white

Thanks

Old 11-12-2016, 09:39 AM
amdriven2liv
I'm hitting easy street
amdriven2liv has a superb reputationamdriven2liv has a superb reputationamdriven2liv has a superb reputationamdriven2liv has a superb reputationamdriven2liv has a superb reputationamdriven2liv has a superb reputationamdriven2liv has a superb reputationamdriven2liv has a superb reputationamdriven2liv has a superb reputationamdriven2liv has a superb reputationamdriven2liv has a superb reputation
Sorry, needed to post this in the other forum, sorry.

Old 11-14-2016, 05:06 AM
senix
senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
wonder if there is any slack to where you can either give a slight tug and tell or probably better yet put some power to one at that connection on the drivers side and check the power at the door side and see which one is energized.

Old 11-14-2016, 07:43 AM
amdriven2liv
I'm hitting easy street
There is a good foot of wire that we could pull out of the plastic loom.
He is going to check for power coming down, then go from there. He is going to need to go deeper. When we looked at his trailer, the wires going into the brakes were sheered off to close to get a good splice I'm afraid.

I had suggested plugging in his pig tail, and have me or someone power the brakes. With all those wires exposed, he could have blown a fuse also. We will see.

Thanks.