FORScan Spreadsheet - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FORScan Spreadsheet

Old 11-03-2016, 09:21 PM
Post Fiend

EpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant future
FORScan Spreadsheet

Below is a link to a spreadsheet to record features that can be modified in the Super Duty via the FORScan software. Each row provides information on what can be changed and how to change it. The spreadsheet is read-only and will be updated with new features as they are discovered. This thread can be used to discuss and test new mods.

DISCLAIMER: This information is provided for enthusiasts who are willing to experiment and test on their personal vehicles. There is no guarantee that any of these items will work in any particular truck and may have negative or unintended consequences. If you choose to make any modifications to your truck you do so at your own risk.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Three steps for downloading, installing and activating the FORScan software:

1. Register on the Forum: FORScan forum ? User Control Panel ? Register
2. Download and install FORScan for Windows. Must be run on a Microsoft Windows PC or tablet that has Bluetooth connectivity. This can be run on an Apple computer if run in Bootcamp mode. Copy the Hardware ID (found in FORScan software under the steering wheel with a question mark icon). Download FORScan
3. Generate the Extended License (free) using the previously copied Hardware ID. FORScan forum ? Login

At this point you are registered on the forum and your copy of the FORScan software is activated.

Connecting FORScan to the truck:

The FORScan software connects to the truck's computer modules via a Bluetooth OBDII connector. There are many connectors available and some work properly and others don't. The following is proven to work in all cases. Search "OBDLink MX Bluetooth" on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The final step is to plug in the adapter into the truck's OBDII port and select the OBDII adapter in the FORScan software under Settings (the gear icon) and the Connection tab. Once selected, press the Vehicle Interface and Information icon (the auto with the exclamation point) button and FORScan will begin scanning all available modules. Wait until complete and you're ready to go.
Old 11-05-2016, 01:18 AM
Freshman User

PSM 6.4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick View Post
I've created a spreadsheet to record features that can be modified in the Super Duty via the FORScan software. Each row provides information on what can be changed and how to change it. The spreadsheet is read-only and will be updated with new features as they are discovered. This thread can be used to discuss and test new mods.

DISCLAIMER: This information is provided for enthusiasts who are willing to experiment and test on their personal vehicles. There is no guarantee that any of these items will work in any particular truck and may have negative or unintended consequences. If you choose to make any modifications to your truck you do so at your own risk.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Glad to see, you created a spreadsheet. Hopefully in the future we can add more to the list, looking forward to what we all can find.
Old 11-05-2016, 06:15 AM
Post Fiend

Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Great idea Epic. Reps intended. I'm curious though. On my 2012, you don't modify the "as built" BdyCM. You modify the the BdyCM. I see you have modifications to "as built BdyCM" in your sheet. Is this how folks are doing it on the 17's?
Old 11-05-2016, 06:24 AM
Senior User

Kampn is starting off with a positive reputation.
GREAT idea Epic, this is going to be gold!
Old 11-05-2016, 08:04 AM
Post Fiend

EpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant futureEpicCowlick has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
Great idea Epic. Reps intended. I'm curious though. On my 2012, you don't modify the "as built" BdyCM. You modify the the BdyCM. I see you have modifications to "as built BdyCM" in your sheet. Is this how folks are doing it on the 17's?
I tried both modules. I changed the BdyCM first and it didn't have any affect. So I reset it and changed the "as built" and it worked. Like you, I expected that the BdyCM would be the actual deployment module and the "as built" would be the backup but it appears to be the opposite. As we learn more I can always go back and update the important points in the first post. Right now nothing much has changed so it's easy to put everything back to stock at any point. We'll establish best practices and standards as we go.
Old 11-05-2016, 10:31 AM
Posting Guru

screwy has a good reputation on FTE.screwy has a good reputation on FTE.
This is a spreadsheet I found over at the F150 forums: http://redirect.viglink.com/?format=...Fusp%3Dsharing
Old 11-05-2016, 11:06 AM
Postmaster

wb6anp has a very good reputation on FTE.wb6anp has a very good reputation on FTE.wb6anp has a very good reputation on FTE.wb6anp has a very good reputation on FTE.
same codes for the horn honk, if we could get the IPC codes off an xl-xlt that has commanded regen, maybe we could activate that, try to compare the differences.
Old 11-06-2016, 01:22 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by screwy View Post
This is a spreadsheet I found over at the F150 forums: http://redirect.viglink.com/?format=...Fusp%3Dsharing
That is awesome. It looks like they've already done most of the work for us. I think all we need to do is test and confirm what works on the Super Duty and then indicate that. I'm heading to Mexico City for 11 days (ugh) and will be away from the truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb6anp View Post
same codes for the horn honk, if we could get the IPC codes off an xl-xlt that has commanded regen, maybe we could activate that, try to campare the diferences.
Agreed.
Old 11-08-2016, 11:55 AM
Posting Guru

porthole has a great reputation on FTE.porthole has a great reputation on FTE.porthole has a great reputation on FTE.porthole has a great reputation on FTE.porthole has a great reputation on FTE.
Hopefully fake engine noise disabling will not be required .
Old 11-08-2016, 12:19 PM
Post Fiend

Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
I just figured out that an operator command regen is possible from the DPF % screen on my 2012. Hopefully you guys will figure out a way to turn on a DPF % screen on the 17s and maybe the OCR will be enabled with it again?
Old 11-08-2016, 12:42 PM
Senior User

tuclai is starting off with a positive reputation.
Is it just me that thinks its cool to be able to have fog lights on without the main lights? Is there an option to change this?
Old 11-08-2016, 12:43 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuclai View Post
Is it just me that thinks its cool to be able to have fog lights on without the main lights? Is there an option to change this?

I'm hoping so. I run this way a lot in my current truck.
Old 11-08-2016, 12:47 PM
Senior User

tuclai is starting off with a positive reputation.
[QUOTE=Karl4Cat;16707455]I'm hoping so. I run this way a lot in my current truck.[/QUOTE

Did you mod something? I thought by default the fogs only turn on when you turn on the headlights?
Old 11-08-2016, 12:48 PM
Post Fiend

I run them with the parking lights only is what I meant. Sorry, I didn't mean the fog lights completely stand alone. I never really thought about that actually...
Old 11-09-2016, 09:56 PM
Senior User

ssoundwave is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuclai View Post
if you have the quad leds, I always run marker lights with fog on, looks wicked with the bright C lights and clearance