2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2017-2019 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 08:39 PM
CopperCore
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by k7lvo
I just turned on the DPF% (line 59 on the spreadsheet) on my XLT. It's working, but I'm getting the Front Camera Malfunction error now, although the error screen cleans when I hit Okay, and the cameras appear to be working fine... is this a trip to the dealer?
I'm with ya, got the error as well...I don't know when I did it, but might have been when DPF % coding. Livnitup suggested that I reload my APIM original and clear the code. But that did not work, I'm just hitting OK and when I look at my temps, avg. speed, cooled seats on display, blue theme and some of the other mods I've done, I forget that I had to push the button.

Look forward to finding a fix for this though, post if you find it and I will do the same.

Old 06-17-2017, 10:25 PM
k7lvo
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I turned off the seatbelt chimes - more as test case than anything else - and turned on the DPF%, which is when the error appeared. Like you say, it's only one push of the button to clear it. Yep, I'll post here if I figure anything out.

Old 06-18-2017, 10:04 AM
CopperCore
Junior User
Originally Posted by Livnitup
Epic, below is another new entry for the spreadsheet. I get pm's on the F150 site a lot about guys doing Halogen to OEM LED conversions with aftermarket harnesses. Many of these guys have issues even after disabling the known outage BCM addresses in normal & DRL mode. Anyways, the other day a member there experimented with the below bit and after changing it to 0 (default for LED) all of his issues went away. Since then others have reported this solving their issues also so today I mapped out what this bit is in my other software. Below is the description for it:
726-26-02 xxxx xxx* xxxx - Frequency Select Cfg
Options:
0=Type 0 (default for factory LED)
1=Type 1 (default for factory Halogen)
2=Type 2
3=Type 3

I realize the description is vague but thought I'd post here for anyone experiencing any issues after doing the Halogen to OEM LED setup. I don't know what Type 2/3 do but hopefully after some experimentation more will come out.
Does this code cure the hyper flash? I'm getting ready to buy all the LED's for the truck (already did headlights and fog lights) and need to know if I need the resistors.

Also, do the blinkers need a "switchback" 3157? Would I need 4 of those? Thanks

Old 06-18-2017, 10:29 AM
1956Fatfenders
Elder User
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I just turned on the DPF% (line 59 on the spreadsheet) on my XLT. It's working, but I'm getting the Front Camera Malfunction error now, although the error screen cleans when I hit Okay, and the cameras appear to be working fine... is this a trip to the dealer?
When I turned on the DPF% and the "temps above the gauges", I got a CEL that wouldn't clear with a restart. The CEL did not show up until I started a return trip from my first time pulling our travel trailer.

Not sure if towing had anything to do with it, but I've turned the DPF% off again, left the temps above gauges on. The CEL has not returned, but I have not towed either.

Old 06-18-2017, 11:34 AM
Livnitup
Senior User

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by CopperCore
I'm with ya, got the error as well...I don't know when I did it, but might have been when DPF % coding. Livnitup suggested that I reload my APIM original and clear the code. But that did not work, I'm just hitting OK and when I look at my temps, avg. speed, cooled seats on display, blue theme and some of the other mods I've done, I forget that I had to push the button.

Look forward to finding a fix for this though, post if you find it and I will do the same.
Try using the values below to get DPF % screen without the camera error

Old 06-18-2017, 11:43 AM
Livnitup
Senior User

Does this code cure the hyper flash? I'm getting ready to buy all the LED's for the truck (already did headlights and fog lights) and need to know if I need the resistors.

Also, do the blinkers need a "switchback" 3157? Would I need 4 of those? Thanks
This doesn't cure hyper flash of the turn signals on instrument cluster, but this value in BCM should if you encounter them: 726-27-01 0000 xxxx xxxx

I'm not any kind of expert on the LED conversions but I've heard from guys that have done the retrofit with the resistors and those without. They've got them working with the outage values in the spreadsheet.

No clue on the switchback.

Old 06-18-2017, 12:43 PM
CopperCore
Junior User
Try using the values below to get DPF % screen without the camera error
YOU are the man! My as-builts had a 6 there and I switched it to an E and that cured that.

No more Camera Malfunction and DTC code! Thanks so much.

Old 06-18-2017, 01:16 PM
DingusKhan
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
YOU are the man! My as-builts had a 6 there and I switched it to an E and that cured that.

No more Camera Malfunction and DTC code! Thanks so much.
Indeed he is. Don't know why a guy that drives a 150 helps us so much with our Super Duties, but THANKS, LivinItUp ! And to EpicMessyHair for maintaining the spreadsheet. (or is that a big salt block?

Happy Fathers Day to all you dads.

Old 06-18-2017, 01:23 PM
Livnitup
Senior User

In all fairness, member Screwy beat me to it back on post #1198 after I gave another member some values to try to narrow it down to which binary bit controls the DPF %

Old 06-18-2017, 02:19 PM
screwy
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
In all fairness, member Screwy beat me to it back on post #1198 after I gave another member some values to try to narrow it down to which binary bit controls the DPF %
Actually it was way back in #533

That's the problem with big threads, things start to get lost after awhile.

Old 06-18-2017, 02:22 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Thanks for all the input guys. I went away on a two week vacation and come back to so many changes. I've updated the spreadsheet with my understanding of the requested updates so it would be wise for anyone interested to make sure the notes are accurate.

Old 06-18-2017, 03:02 PM
hollapm
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick
Thanks for all the input guys. I went away on a two week vacation and come back to so many changes. I've updated the spreadsheet with my understanding of the requested updates so it would be wise for anyone interested to make sure the notes are accurate.
I can confirm that tank size works. Need beta to do it.

Old 06-18-2017, 03:37 PM
kylant
Fleet Mechanic
Received 116 Likes on 97 Posts
is there anyway to enable manual regeneration?

I have my DPF % enabled. Hit 99% full, then after about 15 minutes of driving, it started counting backwards. Obviously it was in regen. got down to 10% full and has stopped. Is 10% the end?

Old 06-18-2017, 05:26 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by kylant
is there anyway to enable manual regeneration?

I have my DPF % enabled. Hit 99% full, then after about 15 minutes of driving, it started counting backwards. Obviously it was in regen. got down to 10% full and has stopped. Is 10% the end?
I don't know if any way to manually enable it without the manual option from the factory. It sounds like the manual regen is only manual, so automatic is probably the best way for me. I don't want to have to constantly monitor one more thing.

I've seen my regens go to 10 and 20%, never seen 0% yet.

Old 06-18-2017, 05:30 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,204 Likes on 578 Posts
Last trip towing the 5ver mine went from 30% to 0% in one move. It's different every time...

Quick Reply: 2017-2019 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet