2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2017-2019 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 06:41 PM
oklarado
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Livnitup
The problem is that you don't know how to navigate folders in Windows correctly (proficiently). Sorry if that comes off as rude but it's the honest truth. At this point I suggest you open FORScan, click the steering wheel icon and have someone help you point to the license file on the desktop. Honestly if you're getting stuck on this, you are in for a long road ahead trying to program.
No worries, I've got no problem admitting I am a computer idiot. I watched the videos on the change I want to make, I think I can do that. I actually wonder if I even need the extended license. I just want to change my TPMS??

Old 03-01-2017, 07:06 PM
oklarado
Posting Guru
Here, I made this for you...it shows the license .key file on the desktop. I right-click it and choose copy, then I navigate to the c:\program files (x86)\forscan folder (by using File Manager) and right-click and paste it. Then I show you how to point to it in FORScan.

https://youtu.be/uPynbBFJdrU
I noticed when you cut and paste, yours is a "key" file. Mine is a "shortcut". But all of this is a moot point if its not needed to change TPMS.

Old 03-01-2017, 07:20 PM
Livnitup
Senior User

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by oklarado
I noticed when you cut and paste, yours is a "key" file. Mine is a "shortcut". But all of this is a moot point if its not needed to change TPMS.
You'll need the extended license to make any changes in FORScan. If your license .key file is a shortcut and you're trying to copy that to the Forscan folder using the video I made you, then that's your problem. You need to copy the actual license .key file into there, not a shortcut...this explains why you're not seeing it when you try to load the key. So, figure out wherever your Internet Explorer is saving the file to (look in the settings of IE for what it says the location for downloaded files is) and go there, copy the license .key file to the Forscan folder like the video shows, then try loading it again.

Old 03-01-2017, 07:37 PM
oklarado
Posting Guru
Ok now it wants to download it to my registry. If I could just click on download and something on the computer would recognize it I'd be golden. This all got screwed up when the first time I tried to download it, it said my computer didn't have a program for it.

Old 03-01-2017, 07:42 PM
Livnitup
Senior User

Ok now it wants to download it to my registry. If I could just click on download and something on the computer would recognize it I'd be golden. This all got screwed up when the first time I tried to download it, it said my computer didn't have a program for it.
I guarantee you it's not trying to download it to your registry. The only program you need to recognize it is FORScan. Ask someone to help you with this: show them the webpage with the license file to download and ask them to save that to your desktop, then have them point to that file with the button in the steering wheel icon in FORScan. This is real basic stuff and I think you're completely over-complicating it in your head. Anyways, I'm tapping out now so maybe someone else can take over.

Old 03-01-2017, 07:43 PM
oklarado
Posting Guru
Computer wont download key files. I looked in default for that and it was internet explorer, I found a free app online called castleton but its not working either. Your license on your homepage, what program did the key files go into?

Old 03-01-2017, 07:45 PM
oklarado
Posting Guru
I guarantee you it's not trying to download it to your registry. The only program you need to recognize it is FORScan. Ask someone to help you with this: show them the webpage with the license file to download and ask them to save that to your desktop, then have them point to that file with the button in the steering wheel icon in FORScan. This is real basic stuff and I think you're completely over-complicating it in your head. Anyways, I'm tapping out now so maybe someone else can take over.
Lol I appreciate your help. My wife is computer savvy, she tried what you said and for whatever reason it wont let me do that.

Old 03-01-2017, 07:46 PM
oklarado
Posting Guru
When you click on download, where should it go? I cant see a way to force it to go somewhere with out going to default for key files and setting it that way.

Old 03-01-2017, 07:51 PM
oklarado
Posting Guru
Old 03-01-2017, 07:52 PM
oklarado
Posting Guru
Old 03-01-2017, 08:03 PM
Livnitup
Senior User

After this I'm really done. This is the part you're not getting...you don't need to download any program to open the license file, you don't even need to tell Windows how to open it. All you need to do is download it and know where your browser saved it. Then you need to know how to navigate to the folder where it's at in the forscan section where you press the button to load the file. By the looks of your screenshots it looks like you already associated anything with the .key extension filename to the registry somehow. So you've already gone way too far and are need of someone proficient with computers to help you resolve this. Don't try opening the license .key file with anything but FORScan.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:12 PM
oklarado
Posting Guru
I understand, the problem is the first first time I clicked download it came up with a prompt "pick a place to download" it wasn't automatic as you suggest. I do appreciate your help, and understand it can be frustrating trying to explain this stuff to someone like me. Again, thank you.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:23 PM
oklarado
Posting Guru

When I click download this is the screen that appears, this is after I restored factory defaults to get rid of the app it suggested I use.

You can see how many times I've clicked download and the places it putting them. Note they are no longer key files.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:23 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Ok I'm putting the pieces together now. It is on my desktop, but I don't have an option for that? Would it be common files maybe?
Oklarado - Sounds like you're struggling with basic Windows navigation and controls. This thread is not really meant for that kind of technical support. Do you know someone who is more familiar who can spend some time with you on these issues? Not trying to be rude but this thread is meant to discuss new features and testing.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:25 PM
oklarado
Posting Guru
No problem, I'll quit posting. Like I said earlier its not as basic as suggested. My wife does this stuff all day long and she cant figure it out.

Quick Reply: 2017-2019 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet