2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2017-2019 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 08:53 PM
oklarado
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Livnitup
After this I'm really done. This is the part you're not getting...you don't need to download any program to open the license file, you don't even need to tell Windows how to open it. All you need to do is download it and know where your browser saved it. Then you need to know how to navigate to the folder where it's at in the forscan section where you press the button to load the file. By the looks of your screenshots it looks like you already associated anything with the .key extension filename to the registry somehow. So you've already gone way too far and are need of someone proficient with computers to help you resolve this. Don't try opening the license .key file with anything but FORScan.
Just a heads up I got it. It was the registry. Just double clicked and it automatically sent it to forscan. No copy and paste.

Old 03-02-2017, 10:12 AM
TravT
Junior User
Yay!! We can move on from Windows101 and get back to Forscan!! Haha, glad you got it. Hey LivNitUp, I'm wondering if you or anyone else can send me all your stock BCM modules? I'm having trouble with my dimmer still and I'm wanting to make sure it's nothing I've done before I bring it in to dealership. I started saving changes but only started logging the changes after I started noticing the dimmer locked only when at night. During the day it isn't locked.
Also, wondering if there's a way we can set the daytime running bright lit c-clamp led to run Bright (Full 12v voltage) with headlights? I'd LOVE to keep them bright with headlights!!

Old 03-02-2017, 10:46 AM
SGMJohn
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is anyone annoyed with having to press the left or right had mirror buttons before you can make adjustments to the Power Exterior Mirrors? Don't want to sound lazy but I wish the last mirror I selected stayed selected rather than completely turning off into a neutral position after 30 or so seconds. Does anyone have a FORScan code to remember the last selected mirror?

Old 03-02-2017, 11:56 AM
Livnitup
Senior User

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by TravT
Yay!! We can move on from Windows101 and get back to Forscan!! Haha, glad you got it. Hey LivNitUp, I'm wondering if you or anyone else can send me all your stock BCM modules? I'm having trouble with my dimmer still and I'm wanting to make sure it's nothing I've done before I bring it in to dealership. I started saving changes but only started logging the changes after I started noticing the dimmer locked only when at night. During the day it isn't locked.
Also, wondering if there's a way we can set the daytime running bright lit c-clamp led to run Bright (Full 12v voltage) with headlights? I'd LOVE to keep them bright with headlights!!
Rather than comparing your own BCM to someone else's, you should just put your VIN in here and pull up your own as-built BCM values and compare them line by line since you don't have a backup: https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt
** if it's your first time visiting the above link you need to put in your country so a cookie is set, then click the link above a 2nd time.
If I were in your shoes I'd put BCM back to original and backup, then repeat the mods you've done to that module after truck is back from dealership. I'll look and see about the DRL on full voltage and report back.

Old 03-02-2017, 01:25 PM
TravT
Junior User
Question

Originally Posted by Livnitup
Rather than comparing your own BCM to someone else's, you should just put your VIN in here and pull up your own as-built BCM values and compare them line by line since you don't have a backup: https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt
** if it's your first time visiting the above link you need to put in your country so a cookie is set, then click the link above a 2nd time.
If I were in your shoes I'd put BCM back to original and backup, then repeat the mods you've done to that module after truck is back from dealership. I'll look and see about the DRL on full voltage and report back.
I uploaded that link with my vin, do I have to use a pc to get on the site after I upload the vin bc I'm on my iPad and it says can't load now
Thank ya sir! Hey while I have ya.....I done the mirror mod and didn't like the non Lincoln option so I went to the Lincoln option and that one def does the trick for me!! Thank you, I'm curious.......if I went back to stock module codes, and swapped the pins, would I be good without putting the pin 18-19 back stock?

Old 03-02-2017, 01:48 PM
Livnitup
Senior User

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Never tried accessing that site on an iPad so not sure. Even if you went back to stock codes in DDM/PDM you wouldn't need to swap the mirror connector pins back...it'll still work fine and the dealership would never know unless they're doing work on that connector.

Old 03-02-2017, 02:25 PM
oklarado
Posting Guru
I plugged the adapter in, setup laptop, turn on forscan and it says "no elm found"

Old 03-02-2017, 02:29 PM
oklarado
Posting Guru
I followed instructions, went and set it under Bluetooth, am I missing something? DO I need to download the obdwiz license key?

Old 03-02-2017, 02:31 PM
livkot
Senior User
Did you enter the blutooth setting within the laptop, find the adapter and sync with it before starting Forscan?

Old 03-02-2017, 02:37 PM
oklarado
Posting Guru
Nope, I didn't see anything about that. So I should unplug it and do that first? What does that entail?

Old 03-02-2017, 02:39 PM
livkot
Senior User
I am going to quietly exit the room...best regards.

Old 03-02-2017, 02:41 PM
oklarado
Posting Guru
Under Bluetooth setting my pc is turned on, says its looking for Bluetooth devices?

Old 03-02-2017, 02:43 PM
oklarado
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by livkot
I am going to quietly exit the room...best regards.
Hey I guess everyone else was born with all knowledge, or self taught.

Old 03-02-2017, 02:48 PM
livkot
Senior User
This thread as mentioned before is mostly about Forscan, not windows operating systems. Others are going to start hating on you. I suggest you check your operating systems help system. There should be detailed instructions to connect to a bluetooth device. Short of that a google search of how to connect a bluetooth device to my laptop would sort it out just as quick.

I sincerely do wish you well.

Old 03-02-2017, 02:49 PM
oklarado
Posting Guru
Got it, didn't hit connect button on adapter........

Quick Reply: 2017-2019 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet