6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Early morning coffee thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 11:38 AM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Received 421 Likes on 279 Posts
Originally Posted by bismic
Sorry to have missed this thread! Great idea Bill!

Happy belated birthday to Rusty and Tim!

Thought I would attach a pic of a hobby I enjoy.

Also - looks like I am in the "ballpark" - turned 60 not long ago, and I hope to shoot my age in golf within 20 years - lol.
It's sure is nice to have you around again, Mark -- I guess age never came up or I just don't remember, but for some reason I thought you were a fur bit younger than me . I turned 60 in April -- I tried to ignore it, but my bod tells me they were some tough years...

In CA they had a no-hunting policy for years on Mt. Lions, then more and more attacks started - pets and within last 10 years a couple people; recently in our area we've had a pony killed and 2 horses attacked. They've opened up hunting them again (they need to regain their fear of humans). What is too bad is we have this over-load of deer here too -- it'd be nice if we could just get them to thin the deer population and leave the rest alone.

Had my coffee and ginger snaps, now it is time to pull out the voter material (ugh), we have a TON of State-wide ballot initiatives...

Old 10-26-2016, 12:25 PM
69cj
Hotshot
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Welcome back Mark.
Already sent my votes in Dan. Spent a few hours with the ballots and computer analyzing the different measures. Google brought up a good page that gives the pros and cons and who backs each initiative with out having to read 100 pages of gobbledy gook.

Old 10-26-2016, 12:41 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Received 421 Likes on 279 Posts
Originally Posted by 69cj
Welcome back Mark.
Already sent my votes in Dan. Spent a few hours with the ballots and computer analyzing the different measures. Google brought up a good page that gives the pros and cons and who backs each initiative with out having to read 100 pages of gobbledy gook.
Thanks Mike! I just pm'd you for which one you used (I Googled CA state wide initiatives and got a hundred hits back)

Old 10-26-2016, 03:02 PM
Misn 1
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 69cj
Bet that dog didn't live very long? lol. I got creosote on my arm while treating fence lumber. Talk about painful blisters.
As a kid, I lived next to my grandparents for a while. One of my 'jobs' when they were making fence posts was to scrape the bark off before he soaked them in creosote. Sometimes, I would get it on my hands and for-arms and it burned like a...sonofagun.

Old 10-27-2016, 01:07 AM
WatsonR
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CA has always has tough laws on Hunting. Was bad when I was there in 84-90, protesters would follow you around and scare the game.... finally made it illegal to obstruct your hunt. Now that's it needed, they would like you hunters to take care of the problem before they eat there..... pets.

Like Obama and gun control.... notice his kids are protected by guys with guns, but he'll try to take yours!

Long flight to Tokyo... I'll be having another Cup in a few minutes.

Old 10-27-2016, 04:37 AM
Rusty Axlerod
Lead Driver
Received 137 Likes on 80 Posts
Need coffee...I can't even brain now right. Morning

Old 10-27-2016, 04:41 AM
duste
Laughing Gas
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Coffee in hand, currently hitting on about 5 cylinders but I should come around about mid cup. Full day of road service ahead, any day I am not stuck in the shop is a good day.

Old 10-27-2016, 05:39 AM
Misn 1
Senior User
Morning all. We need rain so bad here in East Central Mississippi...only had a tenth on an inch for the last 6 weeks.

Old 10-27-2016, 06:46 AM
TooManyToys.
Hotshot

Received 2,095 Likes on 1,420 Posts
First sip. (Randy's post got me started).

The problem with gun control and where some would like to take it is all the law abiding citizens will give up the protection in compliance. The non-law abiding won't. No problem, it will be illegal. Really?

We have parts of our country that are being devastated with heroin, cocaine and other drug use after decades of anti-drug laws and major efforts. Guns crossing the border will just be another illegal commodity going to people who do not follow laws. And the law-abiding will be the ones who suffer.

When we get to point of illegal drugs eliminated from our land, when the government shows it is competent enough to get that under control, then maybe someone can talk to me about gun control. Maybe.

Some people can't wait until I get to my second cup. Back to diesel stuff.

Old 10-27-2016, 06:51 AM
Misn 1
Senior User
Hasn't it already been proved that gun control is not the answer? Some of the areas that have the most stringent gun control laws have the highest crime rates.

Old 10-27-2016, 06:59 AM
WatsonR
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by TooManyToys.
First sip. (Randy's post got me started).

The problem with gun control and where some would like to take it is all the law abiding citizens will give up the protection in compliance. The non-law abiding won't. No problem, it will be illegal. Really?

We have parts of our country that are being devastated with heroin, cocaine and other drug use after decades of anti-drug laws and major efforts. Guns crossing the border will just be another illegal commodity going to people who do not follow laws. And the law-abiding will be the ones who suffer.

When we get to point of illegal drugs eliminated from our land, when the government shows it is competent enough to get that under control, then maybe someone can talk to me about gun control. Maybe.

Some people can't wait until I get to my second cup. Back to diesel stuff.
I've been up since yesterday at 3:30 am... you need to catch up
Arrived in Japan, had a coffee or two along the way and now most of the row call is complete, I'm ready for a nice long sleep.

Even cast my vote Tuesday before leaving the country, early vote, not an absentee vote! Lot of people don't know, absentee ballots don't count unless its a tie

Good morning Jack. That should do it... Guns, politics, coffee, and trucks. How's your batteries???

Old 10-27-2016, 07:03 AM
TooManyToys.
Hotshot

Received 2,095 Likes on 1,420 Posts
Batteries are good, found why I had some voltage drop over time and now their stable. Time to move on to starters!

Old 10-27-2016, 07:14 AM
WatsonR
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by TooManyToys.
Batteries are good, found why I had some voltage drop over time and now their stable. Time to move on to starters!
Pour a cup, do tell.

Old 10-27-2016, 07:14 AM
Maxium4x4
Super Moderator
Received 3,423 Likes on 2,107 Posts
Coffee, never touch the stuff. Don't think you have to worry about stopping the flow of illegal drugs soon. Huffing paint, glue, the list goes on and one sure thing, they will find an alternative.

Truck is running great, just wish I had a Crew Cab at times.

Old 10-27-2016, 07:21 AM
amdriven2liv
I'm hitting easy street

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Fresh pot, time for morning workout routine.

Quick Reply: Early morning coffee thread