1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lombard Ford Thievery

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 02:15 PM
AtlantisBuilt1
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lombard Ford Thievery

So, I've posted here before about how bad my dealer is. Well this one takes the cake. I've been trying to get my ESP refund money back from Lombard Ford in CT since June/July from a guy named Jack Gusti. This guy has done nothing but cause more delays and issues.

It's at the point now where I've exhausted calling ESP for help and will be filing suit in court since they have broken a few laws regarding the return of my funds, allegedly Has this happened to anyone else? Any
suggestions?

Can I post the emails back and forth from the dealer to this forum so people can avoid all purchase from this dealership? I'd hate for anyone to go through what I just went through. Thankfully it's company money so our litigators will be handling it but if this was a personal account....you'd be paying for all of this out of pocket.

As 10-17-2016, I still haven't received a dime from Lombard Ford. I was told by for ESP I'd have a check in the mail/certified by Friday the 10th. I've heard nothing back from ESP or the dealership.

Sad to say but I will be selling my 2015 f250 6.7s as well because, I'll never buy another Ford warranty and 15 trucks without extended service plans isn't worth it. So as sad as it is, I won't buy another truck because it's yr worst run company I've dealt with.

Can I post emails from the dealer and myself and forth on this forum to prove to the other members why to avoid this dealership?

Old 10-17-2016, 09:26 PM
GN1220
More Turbo
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I would say post everything. If it can help even one person you are doing a service to many.

Old 10-18-2016, 04:52 AM
redford
Received 1,595 Likes on 933 Posts
As a reminder, legal discussions are not allowed.

From the FTE guidelines:
You may not use this site to discuss or organize any legal action including, but not limited to, class-actions. FTE does not give legal advice or host legal discussion. If you have any legal questions or concerns, please consult your attorney.

Old 10-18-2016, 05:07 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,441 Likes on 1,030 Posts
I think what you have said is good enough.

I take it the truck is no longer in service so you wanted a refund of the unused portion of the ESP.

That should have been allowed.

Old 10-19-2016, 06:46 AM
The Bone
Cargo Master
Received 229 Likes on 165 Posts
Sorry to hear that you are mad. It's probably not Ford's fault so don't just blame them. It's probably the dealer or the salesman. Not sure why you are mad at your ESP? Could it be the deductible or it didn't cover warranty problem? Your truck has a 3/36,000 factory warranty. I currently have a ESP on my Taurus SHO and it's bacisly worthless. Doesn't cover stuff I thought it did. It's also the Platinum plain. Cost me $1,500. What a waste of money. So when I got my 15 F250 I made it clear to the dealer not to even try to sell me something I dont need. So no ESP on my truck.

If I was you I would talk to the manager of the dealership and see what you can do to get your money back on the ESP. Lawyers are expensive and do you no good in small clams court.

Why are you going to sell your truck? Is it not working or does it have problems that they cant fix under the warranty?

I get that you are mad. I would be too if I thought I was being taken advantage of. There is a better way to handle this by being calm and talking to the manager. Don't fly off the handle and scream at him or threaten him with a law suite. Don't even let him know what your plans are. Explain the situation and see what he says and go from there.

Don't sell your truck because you are mad at the dealership.

Old 10-19-2016, 06:58 AM
msgtord
Posting Guru
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I learned my lesson when I traded in my 2010. Took almost 90 days to get the refund. No more for me.

Old 10-20-2016, 12:40 AM
djm1204
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The main advantage I have found with ESP, is that it is like insurance, good to have, hope to never need. BUT, if you do need it you know what you liability is up front. This is especially important if you need service out of your home base area, The ESP does 2 things, first it kinda puts the dealer on notice not to try any funny business with regards to the repairs, as they will ultimately be dealing with the Ford ESP representative and not me ( just some schmuck passing thru ) Second it has sped repairs up. Again, when they realize that I have the ESP and I will in a hotel at Fords expense, awaiting the repairs, the excuse of they are busy or can't get a part for 2 weeks quickly changes to they should have the truck ready late tomorrow afternoon.

So there are some advantages to the ESP.

Old 10-20-2016, 07:35 AM
Pocketlint
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I too would say that you should have gotten the cash back for the ESP by now. As for the ESP itself, it really depends on the vehicle the coverage and how expensive it is to fix the vehicle you bought coverage for especially when it comes to the engine.

Now if I bought a Ford Focus, I might not be too concerned about the ESP. If I bought a SuperDuty with the 6.7, then I would definitely be looking at an ESP just due to how expensive an engine is for it along with the fuel system, turbo, the DPF and other cans in the exhaust.

Just have to weight the benefits and costs on whether you think it is worth it for YOU or not and the vehicle you have. I have had ESP on my other trucks and while I never had to use them I know a couple of other who did and were thankful they had the coverage

Old 10-20-2016, 08:24 AM
NewEnglandHerdsman
Lead Driver

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts
Agreed. I do not have my Edge covered, but you can bet that I do have my (ecoboost) Explorer Sport covered by ESP!

Old 10-27-2016, 10:57 AM
doubledip
Freshman User
Originally Posted by AtlantisBuilt1
So, I've posted here before about how bad my dealer is. Well this one takes the cake. I've been trying to get my ESP refund money back from Lombard Ford in CT since June/July from a guy named Jack Gusti. This guy has done nothing but cause more delays and issues.

It's at the point now where I've exhausted calling ESP for help and will be filing suit in court since they have broken a few laws regarding the return of my funds, allegedly Has this happened to anyone else? Any
suggestions?

Can I post the emails back and forth from the dealer to this forum so people can avoid all purchase from this dealership? I'd hate for anyone to go through what I just went through. Thankfully it's company money so our litigators will be handling it but if this was a personal account....you'd be paying for all of this out of pocket.

As 10-17-2016, I still haven't received a dime from Lombard Ford. I was told by for ESP I'd have a check in the mail/certified by Friday the 10th. I've heard nothing back from ESP or the dealership.

Sad to say but I will be selling my 2015 f250 6.7s as well because, I'll never buy another Ford warranty and 15 trucks without extended service plans isn't worth it. So as sad as it is, I won't buy another truck because it's yr worst run company I've dealt with.

Can I post emails from the dealer and myself and forth on this forum to prove to the other members why to avoid this dealership?
Any updates?I bought my esp from lombard.

Old 10-27-2016, 11:42 AM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I know to cancel ESP you do have to go to the dealership and get the miles documented. At that point it should be as easy as signing a few forms. I've never been on the receiving end of such a check, but I never had a customer call and complain it too too long. It doesn't happen often though, so I don't have a huge pool to pick from. With that being said, if you have't gone to the dealership they can't cancel the warranty. If you have gone, the warranty should have been turned off at those miles. You should have copies of what you signed, and you should be able to go to the service department and confirm you no longer have that coverage. If it's still activated and you have the paperwork, then I would see a problem. If you haven't been in and everything is via email, than no refund or cancellation could have occurred yet.

Old 10-29-2016, 04:07 PM
Carpenter Mark
New User
So, Lombard's still at it eh?
I haven't dealt with them in years but.....
I bought two F250's from them; 1st was a not so bad deal, but when I had some troubles with fuel lines leaking they charged me almost a grand to fix it. Found out later that it was a recall and they wouldn't come clean for it. lesson learned- check all recalls before you go for service. Also had a bad ball joint at 18,000 mi, they fixed that three times. I wouldn't pay for for the last one and they sent a collection agency after me. I had to practically sue them to get the service dept to admit they screwed up the install and were breaking the ball joint seals on the install.
2nd truck was too simple- F250 4x4, 5.4, 5spd manual trans, manual lockout hubs. no A/C ,no power anything, only option was a sliding rear window. Gave them an $7500 deposit.
Took them 4 months to get the truck.
When I went to pick it up, with a certified check for the balance (over$18,000- no financing here)- the manager tried to shake me down for another $500 saying they made a mistake with the math. I won't tell you what transpired next, but they almost had to call the cops.

That dealership was a huge bait and switch operation, and Rob Lombard could care less as long as he gets his percentage.

And the truck? it developed piston slap and I practically had to sue Ford for satisfaction on that....but thats another long story.....