General Automotive Discussion

Neighbors from H***

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 11:49 PM
YouDon'tKnowMe
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Neighbors from H***

I came across this story and my blood boild just watching the video.

Neighbors sue to stop auto repairs at Harbeson home | Cape Gazette

Awful People Are Suing Their Neighbor Because He Works On Cars In His Amazing Garage

I have no connection to this I just wanted spread the word to anybody that could help him.

Last edited by krewat; 10-14-2016 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Link removed.
Old 10-14-2016, 05:08 AM
Pocketlint
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's pretty sad. Here this guy who has a disability and followed the rules and built a Garage by the rules so he could tinker and have friends over who could tinker along with him or bring their vehicles and tinker away and get a hand from him and people want to take this from him?

Honestly if the guy isnt hammering all night and disturbing them leave the fellow alone. His property seems well kept, I dont see his yard with hundreds of derelict vehicles or parts all over, far from it... I see nice vehicles out there and only a handful.

This could be this fellows main means of social activity, and it is obviously a passion of his, so why take something from him that he enjoys and is following all the rules and bylaws of where he lives.

So one neighbor has no issue with it, but seems there are a few that do.Now the story suggest some of these people are a distance away from this fellows property, so how could he be bothering them?

As for this one neighbour who seems to think doing surveillance on someones property and setting up a dinger when someone drives on that common road and taking video and photos seems like an invasion of privacy not to mention maybe they ought to get their own life and stop worrying about someone else's...I mean honestly maybe that dinger that was set up to let the nosey neighbor no when someone was driving the common road to this fellows place is annoying her that they are having to get off the couch to go and snoop around, maybe disconnect the dinger and worry about your own life and go live it.

I am sure the complainers already made complaint after complain and they were unfounded or they wouldnt have sued ( or maybe they sued because they still want to throw their weight around ) And sorry but invoking or threatening someone by the way of messages of damnation from a higher power is lunacy, someone seems to be wound too tight.

I would be willing to bet if one of these complainer neighbors broke down on that common road, the tinkering fellow would still be willing to help get them going or look at the problem.

If their is a noise problem or stuff like that, I am sure it has been investigated to death by the local authorities. I get the felling this lawsuit is more that the complainers couldnt get traction with their complaints and get the tinker shut down so they decided to sue thinking this guy would buckle from the financial burden of having to defend himself. Let's hope this Judge comes down on Mr Tinker's side and awards him costs from the plaintiff to cover his legal fees.

Some people honestly just amaze me with the stupidity they pull and this case seems to be no exception. My one neighbor about 125 ft down the alley from me is a tinker. He build race cars and drift cars from the ground up for himself and friends and clients ( and yes he is licensed. I hear him weld , I hear him pound ( bodywork) grind paint, rev engines cut sheet metal. Honestly it can be noisy but he is a good guy , He sometimes works late and what not but no one has any issues with him as he is mindful of everyone

When we first moved here ages ago, I thought the guy was running a chop shop...lol...saw him working away one day outside and asked him what he was doing with all these cars? He explained to me that he has his own and he build and fixes race and drift cars for people and friends, he explained that he was in the mechanic side of things then in the auto body side of things and got tired of the dealership and wanted to be his own boss and get out on his own and go from there..cool I thought.

Honestly I hardly even notice some of the noise now, sometimes I hear it, and I aint all pissed about it, it's more what is he working on today curiosity. The complainers of the tinkers are a little way too obsessed if you ask me. Maybe they ought to put their energy and time into a hobby that doesnt involve spying and trying to gather " evidence" of so called nefarious acts at the tinkers garage.

Old 10-14-2016, 05:15 AM
Pocketlint
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Interview with the Tinker and the Neighbor complainers and their side of the stories on Youtube

Old 10-14-2016, 06:18 AM
YouDon'tKnowMe
Senior User
The women are the type of person that is wrong with the world these days. They want to control somebodies life that is different then theirs. The guy sold land that ended up in their hands to ba able to afford his dream garage. It would take him a long time to recover his investment to be profitable and would of been smarter for him to keep the sale money if this was about profit. Something horrible happened to him and he saw a chance to make something out of what he had to enjoy the rest of his life his way. They share a driveway and probably can't stand it being used by others. They have it stuck in their minds that they are doing it for the greater good and will never be able to be told that they are wrong since they failed to accept enforcement saying he has done nothing wrong. It makes zero sense to waste all that time, effort and money when simply accepting the situation and moving would be the logical sense rather than blow $40,000 and counting. That fact that the guy is disabled just makes everything worse, he already lost so much by s*** luck he deserves to enjoy the rest of his life. He is the kind of neighbor/friend that I would love to have.

I lost the use of my right arm 15 months ago in a motorcycle crash that wasn't my fault so I know how much it sucks to lose your normal way of life and try to just make the best of what you have.

Old 10-14-2016, 06:49 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
Wow....

Unbelievable the lows that some will stoop to. I really hope Mr. Williams gets some positive resolution, and hopefully recouping his legal fees. Thanks for posting, but this isn't the right place for it. I'm moving this to the general automotive forum.

My 5-year-old daughter was born with spina bifida, and she has to use a power wheelchair to get around. I have a special place in my heart for those with disabilities, and that's part of the reason this article offends me so much. Lots of people can't abide by the "live and let live" philosophy, and I think we're all worse for it.

Originally Posted by YouDon'tKnowMe
I lost the use of my right arm 15 months ago in a motorcycle crash that wasn't my fault so I know how much it sucks to lose your normal way of life and try to just make the best of what you have.
Oh man...sorry to hear that. I've been riding for fourteen years now, and my one great fear is a motorcycle crash. Making the best of what you have is all you can do sometimes, and that's a great attitude to have about it.

Old 10-14-2016, 07:44 AM
1979 Ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by YouDon'tKnowMe
The women are the type of person that is wrong with the world these days. They want to control somebodies life that is different then theirs. The guy sold land that ended up in their hands to ba able to afford his dream garage. It would take him a long time to recover his investment to be profitable and would of been smarter for him to keep the sale money if this was about profit. Something horrible happened to him and he saw a chance to make something out of what he had to enjoy the rest of his life his way. They share a driveway and probably can't stand it being used by others. They have it stuck in their minds that they are doing it for the greater good and will never be able to be told that they are wrong since they failed to accept enforcement saying he has done nothing wrong. It makes zero sense to waste all that time, effort and money when simply accepting the situation and moving would be the logical sense rather than blow $40,000 and counting. That fact that the guy is disabled just makes everything worse, he already lost so much by s*** luck he deserves to enjoy the rest of his life. He is the kind of neighbor/friend that I would love to have.

Last December I broke my ankle. I was on crutches for four weeks. I had a battery go bad in my car. To swap out batteries should have been a five minute job turned in to a half hour ordeal. I have a small glimpse of what it is like.

The neighbors need to go away. I hope MR. Williams can go after the plaintiffs for attorney fees and punitive damages. He appears to be an outstanding guy making the best of a bad situation. He is the kind of neighbor I would want to have.

The best part of his defense, it appears he did everything properly. Followed the rules and procedures. The neighbors causing problems can move.

Old 10-15-2016, 07:56 AM
YouDon'tKnowMe
Senior User
If they are willing to blow that much money it would have been wiser spent moving. These women belong in HOA in the hell that it is. I'm glad to see his gofundme being succesful becase I can only imagine the stress he had trying to pay for everything.

Riding is a risk but so is a lot of things in life you gotta do what you enjoy. I did what I could to protect myself with full gear but there is only so much you can do with idiot drivers. I have major nerve damage but I will definetly ride again. I'm making progress in the recovery but my arm will never be 100% normal again.