got a few ?'s about sus parts and a 302 swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 12:22 PM
BART M
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, its www.streetsourcemag.com

yeah i wish now that i had done a stick instead. the auto is great and all. but its not fun racing 5 speed v8's. i have to jump em outta the whole and pray that i can get a good leap on em.

Last edited by BART M; 09-16-2003 at 12:24 PM.
Old 09-16-2003, 02:24 PM
goinlowbII
Junior User

cool deal ..

Old 09-17-2003, 10:35 PM
goinlowbII
Junior User

i was looking at a few rangers online today and the have clamed that they had trailmaster lowering i beams . i try and do a serch for them and nothing comes up . anyone know where i can loook or can someone just tell me a good place to check out ... later on

Old 09-18-2003, 04:28 PM
WeWonIt
Elder User

Hey I layed out some sketches and measured diagrams with the rear hatch opening from the center. The two best included the normal style, center open and swing, and the coolest included a 45 degree swing out with load bearing arms and hatch schocks. They both needed trick hinges and modification of the hatch above the tail lights. Both could work but will take a lot of fabrication. If you want some drawn up in detail I'll have to pen and ink it, and then scan it. My drafting skills are much better on paper, and I can use graph paper for the rough draft to ensure proper measurements. Just come up with an idea and I'll draw it. The easiest fix that is totally custom, includes fixing the hatch in place, filling the lines and building a new twin door with in the old structure. Ill throw you a qwick sketch via e-mail.

Old 09-18-2003, 05:30 PM
goinlowbII
Junior User

sweet deal send what you got but dont kill urself doin so man .. lol tanx for helpin me get some ideas

Old 09-18-2003, 05:33 PM
goinlowbII
Junior User

wow and i just realized i got promoted

Old 09-18-2003, 09:46 PM
WeWonIt
Elder User

GoinlowbII those designs are in your e-mail acct. They are just rough drafts, via computer but they give you not only ideas, but a platform to build from in the paint program.

Old 09-18-2003, 11:51 PM
goinlowbII
Junior User

with the way you showd me i can perty much do it off the bronco and just do the hatch and bolt it and glass it in .i like them both but would have to figure out a way to make it look right with useing teh insde of the hatch it would be a bit smaller mabye ill have to tinker with them for awhile thanx again

Old 09-22-2003, 07:54 AM
goinlowbII
Junior User

ok i been playin mad tryen to find a set of gauge pods .. am i stupid ?... do they make them or a ranger or b II or do i have to find a set of universal and glass them in ?

Old 09-22-2003, 12:44 PM
WeWonIt
Elder User

I haven't seen them pre-fab, but it is pretty easy to glass them in. And you can put them where you want them. I have also heard that some other clusters work with minor fabs. I'll try to find out which ones.

Old 09-22-2003, 04:57 PM
D's 302 B2
New User

So if i were to put a Ranger front sus on , would i have to replace a crossmember? Any info on how to do the 4wd-2wd swap with the Ranger sus. with this would be greatly appreciated. My Email is Benzz10(No Email Addresses In Posts!)

Old 09-22-2003, 06:22 PM
BART M
Junior User

you wouldnt HAVE to. i didnt. but it would then be a direct bolt in swap if you did. otherwise your gonna have to fab up a passenger side mount for it. which also is what i did.

Old 09-23-2003, 01:15 PM
goinlowbII
Junior User

im doin the ranger x member swap out .. its not as hard as it sounds perty much just swapin the x member and the front i beams .. as far as i foud out

Old 09-29-2003, 07:15 AM
goinlowbII
Junior User
my x member is in .......woohaaa ...the i beams look like there gonna bolt up ok . only thing holding me from now is picking my tranny .........c-4 or tko? .... i dont want to change much more. i wasted enuf time on the body. i need to get this thing to run .

Old 10-20-2003, 09:32 AM
goinlowbII
Junior User
i figured id keep you posted for those who were interested ... about 2-3 weeks ago the b wanted to play cheech and chongs up in smoke ..i relocated the battery to the back and it somehow shorted out and cought the back half on fire .. warped a few pannels and melted what plastic that i diddent take out ...waste of time welding body pannnels.so i ended up striping my one 88 that was on its last leg and swap the body's . figured while i had the body off i may as well strip the frame and give it some love and paint it and go over the wireing and replace the fuel lines .. im gonna try somthing with the body mounts , im gona try and make my own somehow out of polly and make them thiner to try and make the body sit lower , if i loose a half inch ill be happy , but im a see how it works out ..... and if anyone has a set of eddie bouer seats from like a 87-88 the mid back with the slot they wanna get rid of cheep or trade for some parts let me know im not worried about what they look like as long as they work...... later on

Quick Reply: got a few ?'s about sus parts and a 302 swap