Bronco II Ford Bronco II

got a few ?'s about sus parts and a 302 swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 10:41 PM
goinlowbII
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah everythings been goin ok with her she was 19 and a 1/2 " and 7 lbs 12 oz and shes getten big already hard to belive just being a week old , but , started working on the b again and perty much just doing body work still . i put the window back in for now, finished cleaning up my body lines some more , i was gonna fill in the roof but i think im gonna wait till i get my sun roof put in . i gutted all my interior but the dash and the head liner , not shure if im gona do anything difrent just took it out to clean it up and mabye re dye/paint the plastic . ill get some pic's posted here soon . ... hey bart dont wanna bug but did you happen to get a pic of that bracket . i still havent got to looking into much depth and mesure all the front end from the ranger to see if that bracket would just work insted of takeing out the x member . my 2.9 is still sittong in the front. i been to lazy to hook the chain up to yank it out. im gonna sell the 2.9er too with the 5 speed and transfer case. well anyway i rambled enuf ill get back to you all soon and thanx .. i am a proud dad at 22 .shes awsome!

Last edited by Ken00; 09-13-2003 at 02:30 PM.
Old 09-13-2003, 09:10 AM
Scooter29
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey there DAD! Just wanted to let you know... I was going through a Summit Catolog the other day and came across a Roll Pan for the Early Ranger Bronco. It didn't give a specific PN, but if you go to their site, I bet they could tell you whats available.
Glad to hear the baby is doing great! Hows MOM doing? If you need some DAD input (other than your own dad and your girls dad) we are always available here. There's no Forum at this time, but we can always plead for the Moderators to consider it!
We could put it under- Dirty Filters & Dirty Diapers! HEE HEE!
Keep the up-dates coming! Talk with you later buddy....

Old 09-13-2003, 12:01 PM
BART M
Junior User

man i sure didnt, it completely slipped my mind, next time i have the front end up off the ground ill take a pic for you. and
scooter, hey man, im just curious if you know of any place/person or ever heard of an inertia switch causing a truck to just cut off. ive been driving man and the truck will just cut off. the fuel pump is no longer running when it does it, and it will eventually restart.....and no i dont have to press the reset button on it. i was told that rangers and B2s have always had a problem witht he switch goin out on em, and that all of my symptoms are in direct line with a "going bad" inertia switch. you ever heard of this? cuz im really starting to get aggrevated with it.

Old 09-13-2003, 06:13 PM
WeWonIt
Elder User

Hey BART M I used your B2 pics for a little photo shop experiment for goinlowbII to see what the truck would look like lowered and with the rear windows filled in. If you want them also e-mail me and I wil send them to you. They are just composite ideas, and I only used your pics cause your truck is awsome. That and I dont think by beater would have made a good base for the art.

Old 09-13-2003, 06:18 PM
BART M
Junior User

yeah man, id like to see em. send em to bartmarston822(No Email Addresses In Posts!) or cobrab2(No Email Addresses In Posts!) i think the first one is close to being full, just in case you get a things saying my inbox is full.

Old 09-13-2003, 06:29 PM
WeWonIt
Elder User

I sent them to both. I am still waiting for goinlowbII's e-mail address, Mine is jragle@statworivers.uscg.mil if yall have any thing else you want a composite of. I like extreme customs and the computer makes for a good drawing board.

Old 09-14-2003, 10:13 AM
Scooter29
Elder User

Hey There BART M! Those inertia switches can be a PITA. Your best bet is to find a replacement. I don't want to see anything happen to the BII at this time! It really is one sharp vehicle. You have quite the imagination and talent to go with it!

goinlowbII! Hope you had a great holiday!

B2SARDOG! Hey there! Sounds like you are the WIZ we are all hoping to be! I haven't had my set-up very long and am learning something new every week. My brain cells are few and far between! HEE HEE!

Would it be ok for me to save your e-mail addresses? I promise not to send STUFF unrelated to your and my projects. If not, thats ok... Talk with you guys later....

Old 09-14-2003, 12:41 PM
WeWonIt
Elder User

Scooter29, Feel free to save mine. My computer skills are nominal but I have alot of imagination, and quite a bit of body shop experience. So if you need another brain in the think tank, count me in.

Old 09-14-2003, 01:02 PM
goinlowbII
Junior User

hey whats up . ? if you wanna mail them its kevinurich@comcast.net id like to see them all i really did was took out the window to make a mock up and a inlay to get a idea and fell free to keep my e mail addy for whatever reason i like mail ... unless its junk .. . anyway . mom is getten mad cus i diddent spend time with the baby for a day .. on the kick that i worked on the b II too much ... but ill be in and out hopefully during the week .

Old 09-14-2003, 02:03 PM
WeWonIt
Elder User

I sent you the pics goinlowbII. Good luck with that baby. Mine is 17 months, and she has me wraped around her finger already.

Old 09-14-2003, 04:16 PM
goinlowbII
Junior User

now that i see it done it looks aight ..better than my mock up job .think i might just do it .. thanx . i duno about filling the hatch . im still brainstorming the barn doors if anything i might just fill in the back window with a pice of pollished stainless with the ford oval cut out or somthing like that ..well ill talk to yall later

Old 09-14-2003, 06:58 PM
Scooter29
Elder User

Hey guys, I've put mine in before, but I'll do it again! HEE HEE! Like I said, I promise not to send you guys JUNK!
Ductmaniaq@netscape.net

I'm glad to hear there are such fine men out there who have children and are being a father. It takes a guy to father a child, but a man to be a father. I don't know if someone said that or not, but if it's a quote, COOL! (is cool still a word?)
Anyways, I'll talk with you guys later....

Old 09-14-2003, 08:22 PM
WeWonIt
Elder User

I agree with you Scooter29 on the father statement. I sent you the pics also incase you were interested.

GoinlowbII, I'll work on some other designs for the rear and I'll try to make them as true to life as possible.

Old 09-15-2003, 09:25 AM
goinlowbII
Junior User

sweet deal im all open for ideas . i wanted to be as difrent as i can but its hard seeing the same things over and over again its like you almost run out of ideas .im saveing most of my idea's for the paint .. a little bit of grand prix white , sonic blue and a touch of pearl with soeme wicked flame job .. at least thats what im hopeing for . just as long as the engine runs like it did in the mustang to make the b II worthy of the flames . i have to pull the 2.9 . that will take like 30 seconds then im hopeing tonight to get some things shaved in the engine bay or at least blended in , cleand up or somthing . thanx for helpen me out again ill take any idea .. hell mabye ill have to throw on a logo of this site for all the help i been getten . ill talk to you all later

Old 09-16-2003, 12:16 PM
goinlowbII
Junior User

YO BART .. i saw ur truck on a site for some mag or somthing . if you can post the link up in here please do . i forgot the site and wanted to throw some of mine up there .. that primer black one on there on bags is like the only one i saw in person . he goes to carlisle truck nationals all the time taled to him few times i was there also . not a bad ride .i decided today just to go with the 2wd ranger xmember and use all the stuff from the front . and im haveing 2ed thoughts about a auto tranny. i bought a tko off my friend for 250 bucks and a 9 in rear . if i decide to keep a 5 speed since mine is already a 5 speed i should only have to run a clutch cable right ? not too shure i diddent read up on it much yet . i wanna get this thing done soon .. im tired of driveing this crappy yota pick up . but i did slap some cool rims on it .. lol . ill catch you all later

Quick Reply: got a few ?'s about sus parts and a 302 swap