Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got a few ?'s about sus parts and a 302 swap

oh man that is kick @$$

Old 08-28-2003, 06:12 PM
goinlowbII
Junior User

sorry bout that its just a first reaction but sweet ... i think youd take my just by looking at yours ..

Old 08-28-2003, 06:13 PM
BART M
Junior User

thanx man.

Old 08-29-2003, 01:07 AM
Scooter29
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey there BART M! Very Very high quality work! The front turn signal lens... Home made? I did my own from lexan and chrome paint. I was talking with some guys at the fullsize Bronco posts and if it's ok, I'd like for them to see the ones on your rig.
Talk with you guys later....

Old 08-29-2003, 08:10 AM
goinlowbII
Junior User

thought id keep you guys posted .. spent all night welding the body line closed . looks difrent .. almost like an explorer .. i dont wanna shave the handles but i have to relocate t hem so im thinking somthing out of a honda or somthing flat any ideas? also ... i had some ideas about my hatch for awhile .. think i can make a swing kit kinda like whast on a hurse ? i know sounds sick lol but i like the barn door affect and im also thinking of paneling my back sidw windows

Old 08-29-2003, 11:41 AM
BART M
Junior User

scooter, yeah go ahead man. the lens are from apc though...i need them to make the headlights or something, mine look like crap.

goinlow, man anythings possible, but just a word of advice....shaving handles is no biggie....but putting other ones back in can be. dont get me wrong, id love to see it done.....but then again im a firm believer in gettin rid of those waxing hazards. lol

Old 08-29-2003, 04:50 PM
Scooter29
Elder User

Hey guys! Thanks BART M! I didn't know anyone was making them for the B-II. I figured, if anyone was, it would be APC! Those guys must be a bit shy of brain cells! HEE HEE!

I also like the shaved door handles. If I was going to do a conversion, I would lean towards the Pontiac type that are verticle in the window frame. A bit more metal work, but way cool.
I also like the 70's Corvette style as well.

Hey goinlow, have you considered suicide doors? You can do solenoids and door poppers, and a release (just in case you loose electric) just behind the grill, or bumper, wheel wells, etc.
I can keep going, but I'll wait for a reply!
Talk with you fine gentlemen later....

Old 08-29-2003, 04:59 PM
goinlowbII
Junior User

yeah i was thinking about suside.. but im not that advanced to do that .unless someone makes a kit or i can find some detaild instructions .from what i seen done was alot of cutting doors and some trick welds .and my g/f had also told me that i should put bretta door handles in .. witch i may end up doing if i just dont do a shave .. and bart did you use a roll pan off a ranger or was that a fabed pan? .. does this site have a chat room ? if any of you have yahoo mud_boy_4x4 or aol kingp81...just im me im always bored when im on this unless in on here looking around ..found a good thing with people willilg to help ....its great

Old 08-29-2003, 05:37 PM
BART M
Junior User

the pan is unforunately not available anymore. i got it through FBI. i was the first one, cuz they had to fab it for me....."im a pimp" lol. and then i know of 2 other guys that got one. no one else ever got one, so they quit makin em. if you ever want to yell at me on aim my s/n is LayedB2.

Old 08-29-2003, 09:21 PM
Scooter29
Elder User

Hey Guys! Yeah, mods like that do require a lot of know-how and work. But the end result is well worth it! Yes, the Baretta door handles is what I was trying to remember. They are nice...
Someone out there has to carry a roll pan. You may want to measure your gate against a Ranger to see if they are close in size.
I've seen the swing out gate used. One guy used hinges and strike assembly from a Ford Squire Wagon. He got his from an auto salvage yard. You might get lucky. Or even a Chevy Astro Van has the swing out doors. Just a thought.
I haven't been to the "LIVE CHAT" here, but I'll have to try it now...
I'll talk with you guys later....

Old 09-04-2003, 06:13 PM
goinlowbII
Junior User

im not gonna do the swig out rear hatch i cant figre a way do do it .. i diddent try it but it looks hard on paper .barn doors wouild be nothing but i duno what that would look like and what people would say .. gimme info here people .. but i took ou a side window and made a mock up of one out of flat tin . dont look to bad . ill try and keep you posted if you all wanna know. later on .

Old 09-04-2003, 07:25 PM
Scooter29
Elder User

Hey goinlowbII! Thanks for the up-date. I'm disappointed though.
But you can only do what you feel comfortable with. Ok, now I'm happy again! I like the idea of the "Panel Wagon"! you'll have to give it a nickname! I wonder how it would look if you filled in the hatch as well? I like the look of the ole' Thames Panel Trucks!
I remeber an action movie from the 80's that had a serious BII made into an open bed. I think the name of the truck was Pancho or LiL' Pancho. But it had a V-8, a serious lift and big meats!
Anyways, keep us posted, and we'll talk with you soon....

Old 09-09-2003, 10:15 PM
goinlowbII
Junior User

you havent had much time to be doin stuff , my g/f and i just had a baby girl on friday so ill keep you up to date with mor things, but i did order clear carbon fiber tail lights they look perty sweet other than that i been enjoying my new baby

Old 09-09-2003, 10:18 PM
BART M
Junior User

congtrats man, when is she gonna start helpin you crank wrenches. lol.

Old 09-10-2003, 06:23 PM
Scooter29
Elder User

Hey there goinlowII! Congratulations DAD!! I hope everything went well for everyone! Boy, it sounds like she has you wrapped around her little finger already! Try to post some pics! My daughters love babies! You are still going to have a lot of fun, even more so than before. Talk with you soon! A couple weeks should give you enough time to get the baby on her schedule! HEE HEE!

Quick Reply: got a few ?'s about sus parts and a 302 swap