6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Okay let's be honest about the new 2017

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 12:50 PM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 534 Likes on 258 Posts
Originally Posted by capt caper
I'm 6'2" weigh 260lbs with arthritus..in the lower back joints arm joints,etc. This is the propbably the reason...plus I'm 67yrs old..still work with my body lifting furniture up flights of stairs and in the shop tearing them down around and about with massive body workout restoring them... I hit my recliner at night.. no one takes my power lift Lay Z Boy...
Capt, noticed your signature says your truck is a "Lariet" - small detail, but it is supposed to be spelled "Lariat." No big deal, just FYI. Nice truck, too!

Old 09-28-2016, 08:26 PM
allcool
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I must be missing something...? Where did they put the exhaust tip for 2017...?

I built 'my truck on the Ford site, $77,000 and it doesn't even come with a chrome tip, or any tip... lol

Old 09-29-2016, 05:41 AM
radium
Elder User
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Well I'll tell you one thing before you spend $77,000 you better take one for a ride and don't worry about the exhaust that'll be the least of your concerns LOL take care

Old 09-29-2016, 06:24 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Originally Posted by allcool
I must be missing something...? Where did they put the exhaust tip for 2017...?

I built 'my truck on the Ford site, $77,000 and it doesn't even come with a chrome tip, or any tip... lol
The exhaust location and tip is identical to the one used on 2008-2016 models. When you add the 'chrome package' on build and price, the exhaust doesn't show up for some reason. Remove it, and it re-appears. However, only the chrome package gets you the chrome tip.

Old 09-29-2016, 11:32 AM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
I ended up for the first time in my life with the chrome package and tip and now live in an area that it's always dirty and you can't tell. Not that I wanted the chrome tip, I just find it ironic.

Old 09-29-2016, 01:13 PM
troverman
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Dakster
I ended up for the first time in my life with the chrome package and tip and now live in an area that it's always dirty and you can't tell. Not that I wanted the chrome tip, I just find it ironic.
I wanted the chrome exhaust tips and tow hooks on my King Ranch, but preferred the lit boards. So no chrome package, but I obsessively polish my standard steel exhaust tips with Mother's aluminum polish and they look nearly as shiny as the chrome tips. I live in a dirty area as well, but I spend abut 45 minutes each weekend getting them back to perfection. I love the dual tips with the venturis in them. The Cummins has the most boring exhaust exit ever.

Old 09-29-2016, 01:30 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Ohh I polish the tips when I can. The problem was winter and no heated garage to keep up with it. (now I have one) And I wasn't about to sit outside in -20 with snow/ice on the ground and do it. And of course the second I pull out of the driveway they are covered again.... And then once the road crap gets on and you go through a regen it's really fun to get that stuff off.

At least this year the snow and slush will melt off... Just irony is all, since in Miami they wouldn't really get dirty, which is where I used to live.

Old 09-29-2016, 05:14 PM
radium
Elder User
I'm glad you guys figure out your Chrome tips LOL anyhow I got my 16 back seems to be running beautiful did a nice job can't even tell they were under the hood. Also finally got around to the new rims unfortunately I had to go 9 inches 0 offset Wheels when the plow was on there was too much contact with the front control arm now I have to get some fender flares no big deal. Also put the two and a half inch readylift system up front of course you can't tell right now with the plow in this picture but with the track bar relocation the axle now that's where it should be in the center of the truck it's a nice system should have just done it in the first place

Old 09-29-2016, 06:13 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
We are busy having first world problems here Radium...

Glad you got your truck, rims, and plow all figured out for work.

I haven't figured out my winter tires yet. $1400 to use my rims... I could almost do 18" aftermarket rims and tires for that...

Old 09-29-2016, 07:34 PM
radium
Elder User
Yeah I know what you mean I really like the BF Goodrich TKO this is TKO 2 version they have a lot more siphon on them should be good on the ice. We get a lot of snow up here . As far as working everything out we'll see if the valve replacement was really worth the time I'll keep my fingers crossed the mechanic said the valves didn't even look that bad just a little bit of carbon on them we'll see

Old 09-29-2016, 08:12 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
I hope your problems are fixed.

Looking at Haakapellita LT tires with #15 studs on them from the factory. There is another variant that cost $160 per tire, so with mounting and studding I figure $800 for the set. Assuming I can find them in stock somewhere.

Old 09-30-2016, 06:12 AM
capt caper
Fleet Mechanic
Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts
I hear ya.... I live down a 2 mile dirt road...Mud season is fun..or rainy days.. I wash it once in a blue moon.... when I do it looks so nice like a brand new truck... makes me feel like I bought a new one... which is always nice. It keeps me from going for a test ride to check out the 2017...

Old 09-30-2016, 06:35 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Originally Posted by radium
Yeah I know what you mean I really like the BF Goodrich TKO this is TKO 2 version they have a lot more siphon on them should be good on the ice. We get a lot of snow up here . As far as working everything out we'll see if the valve replacement was really worth the time I'll keep my fingers crossed the mechanic said the valves didn't even look that bad just a little bit of carbon on them we'll see
Radium,

Nice truck. What size tires are they? I'm running BFG All-Terrain KO2's on mine - 35's.

Old 09-30-2016, 06:42 AM
troverman
Hotshot
I hope your problems are fixed.

Looking at Haakapellita LT tires with #15 studs on them from the factory. There is another variant that cost $160 per tire, so with mounting and studding I figure $800 for the set. Assuming I can find them in stock somewhere.
Dakster,

I've run Hakkapeliitta LT2 studded tires on 3 Super Dutys now in northern New England winters. My observations - the studs kick out like crazy, especially on a diesel truck, and especially on trucks used for plowing. I've run them both on gas and diesel trucks, plowing and not plowing, and you will lose studs. You cannot replace the missing studs since they are internally studded from the factory. They are still a great tire without the studs, and if I ordered them again, there would be no studs. I'd also advise running a little lower air pressure in them then 80psi rear. 65 psi front and rear would be good, unless you needed max load capacity. The lower pressure will allow the soft rubber to grip better. I think you can get about 30k usable miles in snow out of them. They wear quickly in warmer weather. I paid close to $1300 installed for mine - 275x70x18.

This year I put on BFG A/T K02 tires, 35", and I'm going to give them a try. People tell me they go great in snow. Ice performance will certainly be worse than the dedicated snow, so I'll have to watch out.

Old 10-01-2016, 06:27 AM
radium
Elder User
They are Moto Metal wheels and 325/65/18 BF Goodrich TKO 2, I wouldn't worry about them the new design Is Awesome on ice. The original BFG where little sketchy on ice due to their large blocks and no siphoning. I start using 35 inch BFG back on my 2009 F350 truck and never look back, the first parking lot I did with my brother he was stuck with his new snow tires it was so funny he told me I would never be able to plow with that wide of a tire I explained to him how heavy super duty are between a plow and sander in back compared to a Chevy lol . Needless to say he went out the next year and bought himself a new 2010 v 10 Super Duty and lifted the truck just like mine to put a plow on it and run 35 inch tires with no rubbing control arms and add ground clearance.

some of my brothers lots

Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Okay let's be honest about the new 2017