6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Okay let's be honest about the new 2017

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 04:20 PM
radium
Elder User
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Okay let's be honest about the new 2017

Well first off my 2016 had to go to the shop to have the valves replaced on the driver side should be getting it back Wednesday, hopefully it will solve the Jack hammering and stuttering that occurred. Apparently the flash didn't help still shuttering under load during exhaust cleaning anyway one problem at a time LOL. The dealer was nice enough to lend me a demo 2017 6.2 gas jobber f350 Lariat supercab similar to what I have now just a few more toys and of course the cameras whoopty Doo. I don't think it will grow on me don't really like the front end it seems to look like a slightly larger F-150 they really lost the look of a super duty just my opinion. Now there's no way to compare the horsepower to what I have now but it ran nice it's certainly ride much smoother I'll be waiting to see how much weight it can handle , and perhaps not have to buy a F450 this March. i don't get what people are talking about the interior too seems like a car inside now and I'm sure a lot of you will like that to me I want a truck and I know they say it's bigger inside but somehow it just doesn't feel like it, the floor seems higher if that makes sense which I'm sure it doesn't LOL you'll have to sit in it to see what I mean ,also i don't understand if they invested the weight into the axles and frame why is the truck 500 pounds lighter?? That includes the 6.7 the dealer told me . Just curious to hear what other people think I've always been a fan of the super Duty's gas or diesel ,but I think the 16 will be my last one I will be looking at other manufacturers don't like the aluminum body or bed for that matter. let me know what you think take care

Old 09-24-2016, 04:56 PM
Traveling Man
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not a big fan of the exterior of the truck at all. Maybe it will grow on me but right now I am in agreement that it looks too boxy. I don't even like the F-250/350/450 emblems.

Old 09-25-2016, 07:03 AM
radium
Elder User
I totally agree with you ,and some other news I had yesterday after taking a trip to pick up some tile about 2200 pounds it's ridiculous another 1 ton truck that will require Springs to keep the truck somewhat level and keeping the truck from looking like it's overloaded for my good friends at the State Police I thought they increase the springs or shorten them ? they look exactly like my 16 pathetic for a 1 ton truck get your air bags ready lol not me . Some positive things there was no vibration at 40 to 50 miles an hour the notable hopping which is a good thing ,and for a 6.2 gas engine it did a very nice job pulling the weight in the bed over the mountains. I know it it would probably do a very good job pulling a trailer the steering feedback is very resoposive and the brakes do feel 10 times better too. So who knows maybe if I look at f450 it will be able to handle the weight I'll just have to get over the aluminum body and bed and totally disgusting front end and car like interior take care

Old 09-25-2016, 07:10 AM
JohnD333
Laughing Gas
Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts
Is Is anything to the rumor that they raised the truck height again? I hear that 250 and up will no longer fit under a standard garage door.

Old 09-25-2016, 07:14 AM
radium
Elder User
i do not know? i have a 17 F350 with 20 inch wheels funny thing it sits level and yes tall looks good but i like tall take care

Old 09-25-2016, 07:24 AM
zeroo
Cargo Master
Received 493 Likes on 273 Posts
I went and sat in a gasser lariat crew cab and I like the interior a lot. For me it's all about the gadgets like the cameras. We already have a good powerful platform for towing so what else is there to improve on. Like the new sunroof also. I spend a lot of time in these trucks so creature comforts make a difference. The only complaint and it's minor is that the leather dash looks to be a dust collector, that's one thing I battle with my trucks.

Old 09-25-2016, 07:33 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Ever driven a Chevy HD truck?

I used to. The seating position in a Chevy is much more car like. It sits much more into the dash and the waistline of the truck (where the tops of the doors are and where the cab Windows start) is about at your shoulder. Your legs and feet go more forward into the dash footwell.

The fords always felt much better as how we sit more upright, truck windows are down by the elbow, and our legs and feet don't go deep into the footwell making the dash more distant feeling.

Do the new trucks tend to feel more like the Chevy? Is the center of the steering wheel lined up with the center of your chest? Chevy has always off set the steer column an inch to the left, another thing that twisted my back.....

Old 09-25-2016, 07:53 AM
lynnmor
More Turbo
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnD333
Is Is anything to the rumor that they raised the truck height again? I hear that 250 and up will no longer fit under a standard garage door.
Yes, it is about 1.8" higher. The height is now 81.5" plus or minus a small amount depending on model. A standard garage door is 84" high minus the door stop of about 1.5". It should clear by 1", but many builders mess up the opening height, so you have to take actual measurements.

Old 09-26-2016, 07:39 AM
radium
Elder User
Thank you a lot of valid points. As far as comfortable I consider my 2016 a very relaxing ride speaking about living in the truck I've managed to acquire 31380 miles in less than 10 months LOL so you could say I live in my truck too. On that note I actually find this 2017 very uncomfortable and you're right the steering wheel and everything does hit you differently not comfortable, on a hour and a half ride back was killing me which is funny it has the air cooled seats and heated . Well to each his own I definitely would be looking at another manufacturer probably Dodge oh I'm sorry RAM Corporation of course they told me never to buy another truck after my 08 lol we'll see what happens this March take care

Old 09-26-2016, 12:12 PM
Nipperdog
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really don't like the nose on the 2017. Even if I did, I would be crazy to trade my perfectly running 2016 with 15Kmi in on a 2017 1st edition. At my Age (71) my 2016 F250 will be my last Truck. Been driving Ford Pickups since 1981, and have had good luck with all of them, except for the 2011 which I traded before something bad happened to the early built 6.7 Diesel. I'm Happy as a Pig in you know what with my 16.
Name:  image_zps3q6fodnh.jpeg
Views: 118
Size:  191.1 KB

Old 09-26-2016, 01:19 PM
92F350CC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 09-26-2016, 01:40 PM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 533 Likes on 257 Posts
I ordered a 2017 Lariat Ultimate diesel dually back in April. Traded my 2016 early in exchange for extra money from dealer and promise of the 2017 arriving by Labor Day. Well, that truck still hasn't arrived yet and I needed a truck the week of Labor Day. So unexpectedly, yet another 2016 Super Duty sits in my driveway - this time a KR model. There's a slight sense of let down and disappointment after months of waiting an tracking an order, only to end up with the 4th Super Duty of this generation. Nevertheless, these trucks have been extremely comfortable for me, and very good units. I second the notion that the new models sit you lower to the floor which is less comfortable on a long drive than sitting up higher in the seat. I think the 2017 style Super Duty is a very good truck, and I'll probably eventually get into that new generation, but not for a few years. I did get to drive a gas V8 2017 truck, and it was nice. Ride was much better, brakes were much better, steering felt nicer. Interior materials were a little better. Did not like the driving position as well.

Old 09-26-2016, 03:15 PM
radium
Elder User
Sir you are completely correct After driving it today that's exactly what it is you sit closer to the floor and it doesn't feel comfortable on long trips I wonder why they did that I get the aluminum body, but why change the geometry of the drivers position what could be the benefit of that?? So far my back is killing me and my legs are numb after 2 hours I'm glad I got a chance to drive one, but there are a lot of other improvements that you can't take away from the truck that's for sure the brakes are outstanding what a difference, and the steering response is absolutely beautiful the way it should have always been I wonder if they added more caster in the suspension? Truck loves going straight down the road

Old 09-26-2016, 04:56 PM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 533 Likes on 257 Posts
Originally Posted by radium
Sir you are completely correct After driving it today that's exactly what it is you sit closer to the floor and it doesn't feel comfortable on long trips I wonder why they did that I get the aluminum body, but why change the geometry of the drivers position what could be the benefit of that?? So far my back is killing me and my legs are numb after 2 hours I'm glad I got a chance to drive one, but there are a lot of other improvements that you can't take away from the truck that's for sure the brakes are outstanding what a difference, and the steering response is absolutely beautiful the way it should have always been I wonder if they added more caster in the suspension? Truck loves going straight down the road
The reason for the seating position being closer to the floor is the fact that it uses the F150 cab. The previous gen F150 also sat low to the floor just like this. The cab height of the new 150 is physically shorter than the Super Duty (2016 style) and so to maintain headroom the seat must be mounted lower to the floor. My knees bother me in a new 150 after a couple of hours. In fairness, the seats do electrically raise up a fair amount, but if you're tall it's a problem.

Old 09-26-2016, 06:03 PM
82_F100_300Six
Cargo Master
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Do they look like F150's now? I haven't seen any out on the road yet.

Quick Reply: Okay let's be honest about the new 2017