North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:Benztechnc

Fall 2016 General BS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 09:45 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Thinking about throwing something on the smoker Saturday, probably pork. Add some beans and tater salad, mine's different than most peoples. Then spend the morning cleaning up the front yard and possibly the afternoon pulling the bed out get it cleaned up. Probably set that up on the saw horses on the tennis court to work on getting it cleaned up, and maybe primed this winter. May have to get another spray gun though, as the last one I let a friend use, and he just kept cranking it up and up, since he couldn't get it to spray right.

Imagine that, if you don't dilute the paint it won't spray right out of the gun...

Old 12-02-2016, 10:02 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Benztechnc
Thinking about throwing something on the smoker Saturday, probably pork. Add some beans and tater salad, mine's different than most peoples. Then spend the morning cleaning up the front yard and possibly the afternoon pulling the bed out get it cleaned up. Probably set that up on the saw horses on the tennis court to work on getting it cleaned up, and maybe primed this winter. May have to get another spray gun though, as the last one I let a friend use, and he just kept cranking it up and up, since he couldn't get it to spray right.

Imagine that, if you don't dilute the paint it won't spray right out of the gun...
Are you starting your vacation time
I've had the smoker going since 7 this morning. Prepped a brisket yesterday that we bought early this week. When you have a day planned to work on the truck bed hollar if you need a hand. If there isn't anything going on here I'll lend a hand.

Old 12-02-2016, 10:07 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Cracker289
I tell you a few years back I had to replace the speakers in my Audi, they originally came with a Bose system which was top notch, but 10 years of metal had left them buzzing whenever the bass hit. I replaced them with Alpine brand from Crutchfield and they sounded as clear and loud as I ever remembered the Bose speakers sounding. The price was not too bad either around $100 a pair for component system (front doors) and $75 for the 3 way backdoor speakers. I did not replace my sub but I sure would be willing to add one if my car didn't have it, it really helps fill in the bottom end and saves some wear and tear by you not having to crank the bass up as much on the other speakers to make up the low side.
I've been looking around on Crutchfield already. Unless I fined an awsome sale, I don't think I can beat their prices. And ships free for most items, and in NC in 2 days.
I'd like to do all four doors, the tweeters in the front pillars, and a sub never hurts.

Old 12-02-2016, 10:25 AM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, got some good news and some bad news. The bad news is I developed an exhaust leak at some point this morning. The good news is the truck sounds awesome.

Hope yall have a good weekend.

Old 12-02-2016, 10:26 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by ubereal2
Are you starting your vacation time
I've had the smoker going since 7 this morning. Prepped a brisket yesterday that we bought early this week. When you have a day planned to work on the truck bed hollar if you need a hand. If there isn't anything going on here I'll lend a hand.
Hey Bob!

I'm planning a day on the truck on Saturday, and I'm bribing with food from the smoker. You busy??? That goes for everyone!

Old 12-02-2016, 10:28 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Benztechnc
Hey Bob!

I'm planning a day on the truck on Saturday, and I'm bribing with food from the smoker. You busy??? That goes for everyone!
I'll check with "The Boss" and see if she has anything planned and let you know.

Old 12-02-2016, 10:29 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
I'm hoping this works...

Facebook Post

Old 12-02-2016, 10:38 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Well, it looks like it works on this end.
Shari's cell phone does way better video and audio than mine does. We have the same phone, but mine has been dropped, thrown, bounced, slammed, etc.
Hope y'all like it.

Old 12-02-2016, 11:44 AM
Cracker289
Fleet Mechanic
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I've been looking around on Crutchfield already. Unless I fined an awsome sale, I don't think I can beat their prices. And ships free for most items, and in NC in 2 days.
I'd like to do all four doors, the tweeters in the front pillars, and a sub never hurts.
They usually do have good prices but what sold me on them was their complete instructions along with any adapters or connectors that you need, saves trips back and forth to the auto parts store or walmart, etc.

Old 12-02-2016, 12:09 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by Cracker289
I've found them on sale for $15 but never for $10 (when I was looking!). My daughter worked at Lowes, in tool world, and got me a nice expensive one. I told her please take it back and save your money I'd hate to destroy one that cost $89 and the way I beat them I'd rather destroy the cheap ones, so she returned it and got me a pretty awesome rechargeable drill instead
i get it in the fliers once ever other month for $9.98.. will see if its in the recent one i got yesterday.. the book like one they send out several times a year is usually where i find the $9.98 one... sometimes ill see it in the smaller fliers.. seems to always be that when theyre doing their monthly tent sale..

Old 12-02-2016, 03:46 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
I fired up the smoker before 7 this morning. And boy is it worth the wait. That brisket sliced nice, and just falls apart.
Time to feed my neck!

Attached Images    
Old 12-02-2016, 04:51 PM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bob, the light and music show is spectacular. I watched the whole clip. I'll bring the family for a drive by soon.

That brisket looks delicious.

Josh, hope yall enjoy the food and yard work. We're wrapped up all weekend.

Old 12-02-2016, 05:29 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by ncheavymetal
Bob, the light and music show is spectacular. I watched the whole clip. I'll bring the family for a drive by soon.

That brisket looks delicious.

Josh, hope yall enjoy the food and yard work. We're wrapped up all weekend.
Thanks James, on both!

Old 12-02-2016, 06:28 PM
fuzzy1626
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Look'in good, Bob.

Old 12-02-2016, 06:34 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Thanks Tony, I appreciate that