2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Trailer Camera and TPMS Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 11:44 PM
wb6anp
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I was working on it today, I have the camera temp mounted to my ladder. may finish tomorrow, I will need to cut and splice the cable as it is twice as long as my trailer. And I dont want to bundle that much cable under the trailer. This is what I have found so far for the trailer end plug

Old 11-10-2016, 08:06 PM
wb6anp
Logistics Pro
ok figured out my wiring to my existing camera, we need to use the Ford supplied camera, my existing one will show a display, but it is black and white, and has line through it.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:31 PM
wb6anp
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by lts
Just completed the install of the trailer camera.
Installed the TPMS module for the hell of it, even though the sensors won't work with my wheels. Valve stem hole in my wheels is about 10mm and the sensors are about 15mm. Guess I'll go with an aftermarket system for that.
The tire shop I went to today, said the sensor can be swapped onto a different stem that will fit your wheel. They unscrew from the stems.

Old 11-29-2016, 03:22 PM
WiredJs
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wb6anp
The tire shop I went to today, said the sensor can be swapped onto a different stem that will fit your wheel. They unscrew from the stems.

Mine didn't fit either so I had mine installed at a Discount Tire shop by "banding" them inside the wheel well like the old school TPMS sensors before they started putting them in the stem. Worked perfectly when we took the 5er out last week. Camera worked great too!

Old 11-30-2016, 12:58 PM
lts
Junior User
Originally Posted by WiredJs
Mine didn't fit either so I had mine installed at a Discount Tire shop by "banding" them inside the wheel well like the old school TPMS sensors before they started putting them in the stem. Worked perfectly when we took the 5er out last week. Camera worked great too!
Thanks WiredJs, any chance you can get a photo of how the "banding" is done? I don't think my small town tire shop will have a clue what that means (nor do I...).
I've asked a couple of places about swapping the stems out like wb6anp mentioned, but no joy there.

Old 11-30-2016, 01:07 PM
WiredJs
New User
Originally Posted by lts
Thanks WiredJs, any chance you can get a photo of how the "banding" is done? I don't think my small town tire shop will have a clue what that means (nor do I...).
I've asked a couple of places about swapping the stems out like wb6anp mentioned, but no joy there.
it is just a flexible metal band and bracket that holds the sensor in place inside the wheel well. I didn't get a photo when they were installing but if you search on google for "TPMS band" you will see several kits available for sale and I'm sure your local shop could install.

Old 11-30-2016, 01:32 PM
lts
Junior User
Originally Posted by WiredJs
it is just a flexible metal band and bracket that holds the sensor in place inside the wheel well. I didn't get a photo when they were installing but if you search on google for "TPMS band" you will see several kits available for sale and I'm sure your local shop could install.
Thanks, that looks like it may be the ticket.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:12 AM
REPO.
Senior User
Curious if anyone has purchased extra wheel sensors? In spring when my truck arrives, I will need to buy 2 more sensors for our triple axle toyhauler. I am a little worried about what they may cost.....

EDIT: I was able to track them down at my local dealer, they are about $55.00 (CAD) each.

Old 02-16-2017, 09:45 PM
RxCriticial
Junior User
I asked the Ford Build customer rep if this system could be purchased after the sell and she said it could not. However the link to Ford Accessories she gave me showed this exact same system as an accessory at the exact same price as when you order it. Has anyone purchased one after the fact?
Thanks,
Paul

Old 02-16-2017, 09:57 PM
RxCriticial
Junior User
Originally Posted by B23842384
yes i have purchased 3 of them from Ford and just picked up one more the other day.
Thanks! So was there any part of the system that was installed by the factory (ie plug receptacle) or is it all dealer/owner installed?

Old 02-16-2017, 09:59 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,199 Likes on 573 Posts
It's all dealer/buyer installed. Buying after the fact is actually a better option as you can select your cable length.

Old 02-16-2017, 10:00 PM
RxCriticial
Junior User
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
It's all dealer/buyer installed. Buying after the fact is actually a better option as you can select your cable length.
Thanks for the info!

Old 02-16-2017, 11:21 PM
klassic
Tuned
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by RxCriticial
I asked the Ford Build customer rep if this system could be purchased after the sell and she said it could not. However the link to Ford Accessories she gave me showed this exact same system as an accessory at the exact same price as when you order it. Has anyone purchased one after the fact?
Thanks,
Paul
Are you guys talking about buying the camera, wiring from the camera to the truck and the 7/12 plug after you've ordered the truck without paying for that option?
Are you sure the harness has been factory installed in the truck?
As far as I know harness' are VIN specific. If you didn't order it, the harness isn't there.

Or am I reading your conversation wrong.

Old 02-17-2017, 01:07 AM
Rheingar
Senior User
Originally Posted by klassic
Are you guys talking about buying the camera, wiring from the camera to the truck and the 7/12 plug after you've ordered the truck without paying for that option?
Are you sure the harness has been factory installed in the truck?
As far as I know harness' are VIN specific. If you didn't order it, the harness isn't there.

Or am I reading your conversation wrong.
You don't have to get the trailer camera or camera/tpms at the time of purchase, but you do need to get a truck with the ultimage trailer tow cameras.

Old 02-17-2017, 05:47 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,199 Likes on 573 Posts
Right, you need the tow tech bundle to have the truck prewired for the trailer TPMS/Camera tie in. You don't need to buy the trailer TPMS or camera when the truck is being built though.

Quick Reply: Trailer Camera and TPMS Kit