2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Need help resolving an issue with an order in process

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 12:27 AM
HoustonianDale
Senior User
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Need help resolving an issue with an order in process

I put in an order for an F-250 XL with STX appearance package. I chose the XL because it is a heck of a lot cheaper and I want vinyl seats. I don't want cloth and don't want to pay to go up two trim levels to get leather, which I don't consider to be as durable.

Long story short, I highly desired Sync3 for the CarPlay capability and at least a reverse camera. These options were not available for STX according to the build and price. Additionally, the order guide does not give a clear indication that this is possible. I thought fair enough, I will add an aftermarket camera (have young kids around, must have), and a double din radio with CarPlay when a dash kit comes out. Order was placed based on the perceived limitations. Well, I've been perusing cars.com for my fix, trying to locate trucks that will look like mine across the country. Low and behold there is an STX with Sync3 AND ultimate tow camera system. I would give my left nut for those two options. If you have not seen ultimate trailer tow, it is simply awesome. Well, I'm highly hacked that these options are available but not showing in price and build.

Do any of you have advice for raising this up the ladder so that I can cancel or revise my order??? There is no scheduled build date the last time I checked. I don't want to leave my dealer high and dry with the order I have in place and make a second order. I would rather cancel or revise.

My VIN:1FT7W2B63HEB64836

Unicorn VIN with STX and Sync3 and ultimate trailer tow camera:
http://www.windowsticker.forddirect....7W2B66HEB13959

Old 09-10-2016, 12:50 AM
PokerMunkee
Senior User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
When paying this much, don't settle. Tell the dealer they/Ford fcked up and you want a different truck built. Your dealer will be able to sell your original truck with no issues, don't let them tell you otherwise.

How much more is a XLT?

The ford.com build lets me add those options to a XL.

Old 09-10-2016, 07:01 AM
HoustonianDale
Senior User
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PokerMunkee
How much more is a XLT?

The ford.com build lets me add those options to a XL.
Thanks, it won't let you do these options with STX unfortunately. I don't want to go without STX because it will look like a work truck.

XLT forces cloth. No go. I will have a stain in two weeks with that light gray cloth. I have three kids and get greasy at work.

Old 09-10-2016, 07:18 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,199 Likes on 573 Posts
Options that build and price show to be mutually exclusive aren't always that way in reality. That has always pissed me off about Ford's online system. On my last two trucks it said I couldn't get the plow prep AND camper pkg. Well, you can. That same conflict is still on the 17's and you still can get both! I also almost missed the universal garage door opener option on my current 2012 as it wasn't shown as a stand alone option. However, on a Super Cab you couldn't get Lariat Ultimate so it had to be ordered stand alone. Luckily my dealer asked about it when he saw the option in his system and noticed that I hadn't selected it.

Anyways, I completely agree with PowerMonkee. Have them order you a new truck. It's Ford's fault for having a false conflict in their build and price. You'll have to wait a bit longer but won't have to sacrifice what you want... or your left nut for that matter...

Old 09-10-2016, 07:28 AM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
If you're order has already been picked up there is no chain to go up to have it changed. However, with the delays out there, many orders haven't been picked up yet, so contact your dealer and see if they can add them for you. You'll need option 874 (Ultimate Tow Camera), 913 (sync 3), 96v (XL Value package), 90L (Power Equipment). $2670 MSRP.

For any wondering, a base XLT with just the camera and sync3 has and MSRP of $46050, and the base XL with just the above options is only $42795, so unless a bunch of stuff in the XLT line is required, you still save a bunch. Rebates are the same currently.

So yep, I'd contact the dealer and see if they can change it. If they can't, they'll have to do a fresh order for you. IDK if you told them what you wanted, or they told you Sync3 wasn't available. Regardless, people make mistakes and for that kind of money I'd want to ride the patience train and get the truck you want.