1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Dentsides Ford Truck
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Installing 2008 Superduty leather seats in a dentside (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 12:28 AM
Johnny L
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Installing 2008 Superduty leather seats in a dentside (pics)

I picked up a set of front buckets and rear bench leather seats from a 2008 F350. This thread will follow install in my 74 crew highboy and how to overcome some of the challenges. I found good info hard to find on this topic so I'm posting it up for reference.
here are the seats. the fronts are full motorized. i didn't get the console but i will make my own or figure something out later.

the biggest issue with these seats in a dent is the height. they sit so high that i couldn't even fit my head under the roof without crooking my neck. i'm 6'4". here it is with the tracks bottomed out at the rear inside corner. the cab floor rises in the middle quite a lot which is the main problem.

this is the outside when propped up level.

there are only 2 solutions that i can see. one is cutting out and lowering the middle of the cab floor. i'm not even sure it would be possible to lower the floor enough without a body lift because the frame is pretty close under there. also it could cause transmission clearance issues, not sure. but i plan on a diesel swap and don't want to risk that down the road.

the other solution, which i am working on, is deleting the motorized tracks. kinda sucks to ditch them but at the same time my goal was to have nice seats which i still will. i never really sought out motorized seats in the first place. it was just a bonus. plus it lools like the tracks have good resale value so i can sell them and subsidize the seat purchase.

here is the seat in position without the tracks. i have it propped on a 1.5" piece of wood which can be replaced with the basic tracks from the old bench seat or another vehicle on the cheap. the old tracks are way thinner. the height now is perfect!

here's the motorized track removed.

Old 07-26-2016, 11:42 AM
1320stang
Laughing Gas
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I like it!!. Maybe you use the bench seat tracks and make a tubular frame that both seats and console move, just like a bench. I know that's not ideal.

Another thing you could do is get aftermarket generic adjusters from Scat or Procar and make your own.

I notice locally, a lot of rear seats for sale by themselves. I have a regular cab, so no need for reclining, I've considered using them. I wished I lived closer, I'd help you try to get the rear seats up front just to see what kind of gaps they have at the doors. Heck, I'd help you on your seat project.