Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Little Help with Subscription

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 11:20 AM
pirschwagon
More Turbo
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Little Help with Subscription

I hate posting in the forum because I get emails every time someone else posts. That's a great idea. BUT, all my phone does is say "You've Got Mail" all the time.

Q: How can I turn that off, permanently? I've done searches but apparently too dumb to figure it out.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:28 AM
z31freakify
Hotshot
Received 1,192 Likes on 818 Posts
You got mail
Go to user CP and on the left hand column you'll find edit options and from there you can disable it.

Last edited by z31freakify; 07-19-2016 at 05:08 PM. Reason: ?
Old 07-19-2016, 11:42 AM
pirschwagon
More Turbo
Originally Posted by z31freakify
You got mail
Go to user CP and on the right hand column you'll find edit options and from there you can disable it.

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-19-2016, 04:29 PM
Y2KW57
Received 3,430 Likes on 1,800 Posts
What happened to "Pirsch Fire Wagon"?

Old 07-19-2016, 04:37 PM
pirschwagon
More Turbo
Originally Posted by Y2KW57
What happened to "Pirsch Fire Wagon"?

password - I can't remember S**t. I have so many email accounts I don't know how to access any of them. I just got a smart phone a month ago when the flip phone (that's right) finally broke for good. My wife says I need to embrace technology. I'll leave that for those younger 50 year olds.

Old 07-19-2016, 05:00 PM
Y2KW57
Received 3,430 Likes on 1,800 Posts
Originally Posted by pirschwagon
password - I can't remember S**t. I have so many email accounts I don't know how to access any of them. I just got a smart phone a month ago when the flip phone (that's right) finally broke for good. My wife says I need to embrace technology. I'll leave that for those younger 50 year olds.
Well, for claiming to not be tech savvy, at least you are smart enough to use different passwords for every single account. That smart thinking must be in the old age that you claim, showing it's wisdom.

Recently, Vertical Scope, which owns several forums quite similar to this one, including Powerstroke . org, Powerstroke Nation, The Diesel Stop, and 1,100 other web forums, got hacked to the tune of losing 45 MILLION full records of real names, user names, emails, passwords, and other info.

What is worse, is that the hacker did this way back in February, and Vertical Scope kept it a secret for four months, not telling their users. This means that forum members who use a common password, and a common username, across all forums and social media accounts... were potentially, and unwittingly, exposed to further hacking vulnerability for 4 months.

It gets even worse. Then the hacker sold the data to a website that specializes in making hacked data public, and searchable. And that is where that data sits right now, for all 45 million of those users. Publicly accessible, and searchable, online right now, by email address no less (which was part of the data set that was stolen).

Not until the online news media began reporting about this massive data breach did Vertical Scope finally make an announcement to all their forum users. Four months after the data was stolen. So you are doing the right thing, by having so many passwords, you begin to forget them.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:41 PM
pirschwagon
More Turbo
Originally Posted by Y2KW57
Well, for claiming to not be tech savvy, at least you are smart enough to use different passwords for every single account. That smart thinking must be in the old age that you claim, showing it's wisdom.

Recently, Vertical Scope, which owns several forums quite similar to this one, including Powerstroke . org, Powerstroke Nation, The Diesel Stop, and 1,100 other web forums, got hacked to the tune of losing 45 MILLION full records of real names, user names, emails, passwords, and other info.

What is worse, is that the hacker did this way back in February, and Vertical Scope kept it a secret for four months, not telling their users. This means that forum members who use a common password, and a common username, across all forums and social media accounts... were potentially, and unwittingly, exposed to further hacking vulnerability for 4 months.

It gets even worse. Then the hacker sold the data to a website that specializes in making hacked data public, and searchable. And that is where that data sits right now, for all 45 million of those users. Publicly accessible, and searchable, online right now, by email address no less (which was part of the data set that was stolen).

Not until the online news media began reporting about this massive data breach did Vertical Scope finally make an announcement to all their forum users. Four months after the data was stolen. So you are doing the right thing, by having so many passwords, you begin to forget them.

Shortly following retirement, I had a few instances where someone got a password (my wife's) to our checking account. When you turn 62, you have to use Medicare as a primary and Blue Cross as secondary. You MUST create an account. Well, last year, less than 6 month in I get a letter saying there was a breach.

Around Christmas time, we began getting letters saying we got denied for a couple loans. A car and a lease purchase. We called and talked to people and found out our WHOLE information, for 62 years was obtained from the government.

It was a night mare. All our credit cards, bank accounts and someone even tried to get $70k transferred from an IRA to an account.

I actually was in the Hospital for a couple days because of stress. To this day, I actually have heart palpitations at the mail box if I see something that even looks remotely like an official letter from a loan company.

And, there is nothing anyone can do. Although you have to have police reports filled each time and go to some government web site to report it.

Again, this technology has so far done nothing for me but given me grief. I posted two pictures in another thread today which looked like I was in an earthquake. I want my SX-70!

My three daughters do nothing but have stuff in their ears and visit the whole time looking at their phones.

Honestly, I'm proud that I can post this stuff on the forums and it makes me feel like Albert Einstein sometimes. My daughters help me a lot. Like how to use this thingy....

I can use a DSO like a champ. That only took me 20 years to learn. People actually ask me questions about how to use the scopes.