1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Hillbilly Stretch-Limo (my 6-door Superduty project)

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 10:09 AM
Chuck-B
6.7 Weight Loss
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2 great stories - amazing contrast your truck next to the bronco. I can’t believe your wife drove that thing - I can’t get mine to just sit in the drivers seat of my 250 let alone drive it. She is 5’1” - but I have the adjustable pedals

Old 05-28-2018, 09:30 PM
jkhuntin
5th Wheeling
I think Mom's having just as much fun filming everything as Dad is driving. It's good to see family's together and having fun these days.
jk

Old 05-31-2018, 04:17 PM
ligito
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by edjunior
It's not a '67, it's a '65. It's a nice car. I love the way your truck just kinda pokes it's nose out there. Maybe you should have backed it up over the curb. Nah, never mind. It's an attention getter, that's for sure.

It was backed as far as the Bronco was, it's just a long truck.

Old 05-31-2018, 05:14 PM
FiznUKa
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have to say I saw this truck yesterday in passing and it’s a monster. The pics that he has posted don’t do it justice. I wish I was going the same way so I could have seen more.

Old 05-31-2018, 05:40 PM
BioBurner
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FiznUKa
I have to say I saw this truck yesterday in passing and it’s a monster. The pics that he has posted don’t do it justice. I wish I was going the same way so I could have seen more.
Excellent! Where did you see me? Was I checking out your truck?

Old 06-03-2018, 12:26 AM
BioBurner
Elder User
Dustin had a vendor booth today at the 2018 Import Spring Showoff car show and he invited me to display my truck. A lifted six door Ford truck at an import show? Why not? I dont regret a minute of it! I had fun all day long with the crew and other customers from Nip N Tuck Performance, I got into the show for free, I got to see a bunch of really cool cars, and Dustin paid for lunch at the Thai food truck!

I got tons of people taking pics, commenting about my truck, and lots of people on their tip-toes trying to look inside!

Old 06-03-2018, 12:27 AM
BioBurner
Elder User
Old 06-03-2018, 12:31 AM
FiznUKa
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BioBurner
Excellent! Where did you see me? Was I checking out your truck?
You were on redwood road in NSL headed north by the maverik. I wasn’t in my truck that day.

Old 06-03-2018, 12:40 AM
BioBurner
Elder User
Originally Posted by FiznUKa

You were on redwood road in NSL headed north by the maverik. I wasn’t in my truck that day.
Oh. I did see another lifted powerstroke on California Avenue that day. I thought it could have been you.

Old 06-03-2018, 07:39 AM
scottscott
Fleet Mechanic
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts
Well, I'm disappointed.... I was hoping to see the RN limo on the drift course.

Old 06-03-2018, 08:46 PM
brd7666
Laughing Gas
Your truck is absolutely amazing. Congrats on a fantastic job.

Old 06-04-2018, 11:23 PM
jkhuntin
5th Wheeling
Originally Posted by scottscott
Well, I'm disappointed.... I was hoping to see the RN limo on the drift course.
Me too, only with one of those little tuners in the bed.
jk

Old 06-14-2018, 10:36 AM
BioBurner
Elder User
What's the best way to make your heart drop out of your chest? Hearing the warning chime sound and seeing the "LOW OIL PRESSURE" warning in the information center of your truck in which you've just installed a rebuilt engine that you spent eleventeen thousand dollars on! That's not a good time!

Last week when I was driving the Redneck Limousine to work (I know, it's foolish to use for commuting in!) when I slowed for a traffic jam, I heard the warning "ding!" sound. I looked down at the gauges and saw the "LOW OIL PRESSURE" warning flashing on the info center. no. no. no. No. No! NO! NO! NOOOO! I pulled right over and shut down ASAP. I pulled out my ELM327 and read codes (there are still several DTCs from the original instal that I haven't addressed yet) and didn't find any new ones. Good. I checked the oil level. Good. I smelled the oil. No diesel. Smelled new. Looked clear still. Good. At this point I was calmed down from my near-panick. Then I had the thought: If there truly was zero oil pressure, the HPOP would have starved, causing the engine to shut down. I consulted my good friend, Google, who seemed to confirm my suspicion, and led me to believe that the oil pressure sending unit was kablooied. I shone my flashlight down in front of the turbo onto the sending unit and saw that the electrical connector was seeping oil. BINGO! I drove to the parts store, bought a new sending unit, drove home, and discovered that I didn't have a deep well socket that fit it. I drove back to the store, bought the correct socket, drove home and installed the new sending unit. The task took less than half an hour, but it was a 95 degree day, so it seemed much longer with the sun beating upon my back!

I'll accept a $35 sensor failure over a catastrophic internal engine failure any day!

Also, I started to recharge the AC system the other day, got in 2 cans of 134A with PAG oil, was starting on the first can of straight 134A when the compressor seized up and almost smoked my serpentine belt. I think I'll buy one of those AC rebuild kit packages that includes the compressor, condenser, and drier. And I'd better get it done sooner than later, because a large black cabin absorbing star radiation in 95 degree days requires a robust air conditioning system!!

Old 06-14-2018, 10:50 AM
JKru
Cargo Master
Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts
And that right there is why it pays to know how to understand mechanical & electrical systems! Nice catch! Good luck on that AC system!

Old 06-14-2018, 10:55 AM
Fefanatic
Fleet Mechanic
Received 109 Likes on 96 Posts
Be sure to back flush the evaporator and all ac lines when you do the rebuild. Any chance you shot liquid into the line and cause a hydro lock?

Quick Reply: The Hillbilly Stretch-Limo (my 6-door Superduty project)