1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Hillbilly Stretch-Limo (my 6-door Superduty project)

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 05:03 PM
BioBurner
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JKru
I'm impressed! Sometimes I get overwhelmed just reading what you did on a random Tuesday night!

Thank you! I figure that anything that some other person built can be built by me too! The laws of physics don't care if you're an engineer or not.

(To be honest, though, I'm starting to feel the burnout creep closer on this project. I'd better finish it fast, or I'll burn out and never put the finishing touches on it.) I'm ready to just enjoy this truck!

Old 02-16-2018, 10:55 PM
ggazz50
Mountain Pass
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BioBurner

Thank you! I figure that anything that some other person built can be built by me too! The laws of physics don't care if you're an engineer or not.
I agree. A wise man once told me, "man made it...man can fix it".
R.I.P. Joe Magee.

Old 02-18-2018, 10:50 AM
Chuck-B
6.7 Weight Loss
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bio, you're so close man - you can't throw in the towel yet - Did the wheels & tires come in yet? Maybe once you get them on and see how nice they look it will get the adrenaline flowing again. You're so freaken close!!

Old 02-18-2018, 06:16 PM
BioBurner
Elder User
Originally Posted by Chuck-B
Bio, you're so close man - you can't throw in the towel yet - Did the wheels & tires come in yet? Maybe once you get them on and see how nice they look it will get the adrenaline flowing again. You're so freaken close!!
The wheels/tires and lift haven't showed up yet. I'm hoping they will done time this week. I should receive my rebuilt instrument cluster on Tuesday, and my EBP sensor tomorrow (all dependent upon the weather cooperating. It's snowing in Utah right now!)

And don't worry, I won't quit until it's just right!

The kiddos are enjoying all of the additional room over the cramped back seat dungeon in the Armada! Getting everyone in and out is much quicker too, since everyone has their own door. I drove the family to church in the Redneck Limo today:

Old 02-18-2018, 06:18 PM
BioBurner
Elder User
(I forgot to mention that I replaced the orange turn signals on the mirrors with smoked lenses! I'm really digging the look!)

Old 02-18-2018, 06:56 PM
edjunior
Cargo Master
Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts
(I forgot to mention that I replaced the orange turn signals on the mirrors with smoked lenses! I'm really digging the look!)
When I had to replace my driver's side mirror, the new one came with a smoked turn signal lens. Actually two, I guess they didn't want it to look weird with just one. I was kinda worried about how bright it would be. But no need to worry. They are plenty bright. And yeah...they do look pretty cool.

Old 02-18-2018, 08:30 PM
GN1220
More Turbo
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
I saw you mention the DMV didn't give you any issues but did you have any with the insurance company? Are they still trying to figure out what to call it? Lol

Old 02-19-2018, 08:48 AM
Chuck-B
6.7 Weight Loss
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bio, what are your plans for running boards? Going to use some of your welding talent to weld 2 together? Loading time will for sure go up with a lift kit and no running boards

Old 02-19-2018, 12:09 PM
IDI-Charlie
Fleet Mechanic
Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts
I wonder if a set of the wheel-to-wheel boards from a CCLB would fit with an extra bracket or two put on the back?

Old 02-19-2018, 12:58 PM
JKru
Cargo Master
Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by IDI-Charlie
I wonder if a set of the wheel-to-wheel boards from a CCLB would fit with an extra bracket or two put on the back?
That should work for cab length boards. Anything else would have to be as custom as the truck! I'm a fan of the wheel-to-wheel look myself!

Old 02-19-2018, 02:06 PM
fordboy2
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
I've been looking around some for wheel to wheel for my crew long bed and I'm finding very few to none. Thinking they're just too long to support them back by the bed. With that said I'm curious to see what he builds if he does build them.

Old 02-19-2018, 02:15 PM
JKru
Cargo Master
The W-2-W options are slim for CCSB's too, so I could imagine how scarce they are for the CCLB's. Pretty disappointing actually. I'd love to fab up my own, but I lack Bio's skills as well as the requisite time needed to pull it off. Bio's best option may just be step hoops at each door.

Old 02-19-2018, 02:17 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
check out what luverne truck equipment has, they have a few W2W options for CCLB trucks i've used for customers in the past. Not to say the options they have will fit with the look your going for on the truck though....

Old 02-19-2018, 02:31 PM
BioBurner
Elder User
What I'm really wanting is AMP Research PowerStep XLs, but they won't do custom work. Their suggestion was to buy a set for a crew cab and buy an additional set for a single cab. I don't like the look of the steps being divided up unevenly like that. I've got my heart set on a single, long step. I may end up buying a crew cab setup, then fabbing up my own piece for the step.

Old 02-19-2018, 03:48 PM
JKru
Cargo Master
What I'm really wanting is AMP Research PowerStep XLs, but they won't do custom work. Their suggestion was to buy a set for a crew cab and buy an additional set for a single cab. I don't like the look of the steps being divided up unevenly like that. I've got my heart set on a single, long step. I may end up buying a crew cab setup, then fabbing up my own piece for the step.
It's a shame that AMP won't work with you. You should show them the number of followers you have across all of your platforms on this project. Your truck with their steps could make a huge splash at an event like SEMA. There has to be a market for those steps as well with the rise in popularity of lifted and unique limos. Of course, you'd have to be willing to peddle their products as a part of the deal, but if they came through, then I doubt you'd have a problem with that!

Actually, you just gave me an idea. What about powered nerf bars instead of steps? They would tuck up against the rocker panels like rock sliders when you are driving (which is a sick look on any truck) & lower down to serve as traditional nerf bars/steps when the doors open. You could probably use AMP hardware, but in conjunction with your own bar.

Quick Reply: The Hillbilly Stretch-Limo (my 6-door Superduty project)