2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

X-Plan

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 08:01 AM
DL222
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
X-Plan

I have a simple question is X plan going to be close to the best price you can get on ordering a new 2017 Super Duty.

First post. Thanks

Old 06-16-2016, 10:38 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,183 Likes on 568 Posts
Welcome to FTE. On your question, it depends on the market you live in. Where I am, yes x-plan is always the best deal as dealers don't get anywhere near invoice without it. In larger, more competitive markets, you can often beat x-plan by simple negotiation with the dealer.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:16 AM
DL222
Senior User
Thanks for the reply. I'm in the Birmingham AL area. Going to order a 2017 Lariat F350 SRW from Town &Country.
I have a X-Plan number. If anyone can give me any advice on this i am open for it.
Thanks Again

Old 06-16-2016, 03:09 PM
jackfordsd350
Laughing Gas
Received 253 Likes on 156 Posts
500 Under invoice is not unusual in my area. That is where I ended at plus any rebates that probably will not be available.

Old 06-17-2016, 04:43 AM
Vole
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know if I can use the X-Plan pin ( from Mustang Club ) here in Canada without any problems?

I`m quite sure it works, but could not find any info about this.

Old 06-17-2016, 11:01 PM
351 Charlie
New User
351 Charlie, answers your "X Plan" question!

Originally Posted by DL222
I have a simple question is X plan going to be close to the best price you can get on ordering a new 2017 Super Duty.

First post. Thanks
I sold Ford Trucks for 25 years, and "X Plan" is for suppliers to Ford Motor Company. X Plan in itself ain't THAT great . . . BUT, it depends on what you're buying. For Example, if you wanted a new GT350 on X Plan, the dealer would just laugh at you. Also, let's say the new Superduty is in "High Demand and Short Supply," again, the dealer won't take the deal. X Plan (when I was still working, and it's probably changed) was 3.4% over dealer invoice, which could be quite a bit on a $70,000 truck. On a high volume, easy to get vehicle, any schmuck could bargain down to invoice. I'd sell a Taurus for invoice all day (although I'd sell 1 car to 12 trucks) Back when they 1st introduced the V-10, for example, it was sticker price only, the same with the 1st Powerstroke. The possibility exists that the new Superduty COULD be in short supply, which makes it a seller's market, but hopefully not. Now, if you ORDER the truck, both you and the dealer benefit. You order the truck EXACTLY the way you want it, then when it hit's the dealer's lot, they don't have to worry about paying "floor plan" interest, 'cause the truck is there and gone in a couple of days. My point is, ALWAYS order your truck, and a fair deal for you AND the dealer is INVOICE (BETTER than X plan) The dealer will get what's called "Holdback," monies kept by Ford in case the dealer folds or can't pay floor plan interest, and on a $70k sticker truck, holdback is about $1900.00, which the dealer will get for profit. Finally, it's kinda fun ordering a new truck just the way you want it! Note: At the END of a model year, and a truck's been sitting there for a year unsold, then you hit the dealer to GIVE UP the holdback, just to get rid of the truck! How's THAT for an answer?! -351 Charlie

Old 06-18-2016, 06:34 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,183 Likes on 568 Posts
Hows that for an answer? Somewhat inaccurate, that's how it is. (You did ask...) X-Plan is NOT 3.4% over dealer invoice. X-Plan is .4% UNDER invoice plus a $275 admin fee. It also limits doc fees to $100. So, add all that up and you end up within dollars or so of invoice depending on the price of the truck... likely a touch under. Dealers will not be touching the 3% holdback on a new model release and rarely do on established models so trying to negotiate it will just give them incentive to show you the door. As to all your other advice, it is completely dependent on the dealer's market and may apply... and may not apply at all. I have three Ford dealers within 20 miles of me and not one will consider invoice on a Taurus or anything else they sell. Head to a high volume dealer on the other end of the state and they do invoice all day long. So, bottom line is it's completely market dependent. If you are in a large market with high volume dealers competing for your business, just negotiate to invoice and your set. If your in a smaller market where this is not possible, pay the $40 for an x-plan pin by joining EAA and you don't have to negotiate at all.

Here are the details of x-plan for anyone actually wanting to know how it works. https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerw...tner_rules.htm

Old 06-18-2016, 02:12 PM
DL222
Senior User
Well order is in
2017 F350 Lariat Crew Cab, 6 3/4'
6.7 Power Stroke 4X4 SRW
MSRP $69525
Will be getting X-Plan
X-Plan website has it at $65467 net.

Old 06-18-2016, 09:40 PM
Troy Moore
New User
Well order is in
2017 F350 Lariat Crew Cab, 6 3/4'
6.7 Power Stroke 4X4 SRW
MSRP $69525
Will be getting X-Plan
Can you tell us how you got X Plan pricing and if you have any advice on how to go about it? Did you just walk into your local dealer and tell them you were an X Plan customer? How did they take it? Did they give you any problems?!

BTW, Congrats on the new order!

Old 06-18-2016, 10:15 PM
DL222
Senior User
Thanks

For $25 I joined the Mustang Club. Got X-Plan pin number. Dealer did not hesitate glad to order truck. I also joined the American Quarter Horse Association for $40. Hoping to get an additional $$$ off. Must be a member for 60 days. Truck will probably take at least that and if it is offered, just taking a chance on it.

Old 06-18-2016, 10:19 PM
Troy Moore
New User
I'm sorry. I think my question came out wrong. I know about the X Plan, I can get the pin through the company I work for... I was just talking about how easy it was to get at the dealership.. primarily if you ran into problems. That's good to hear they were accepting and happy to order the truck for you at X Plan pricing. Did they mention any other incentives or discounts?

Old 06-18-2016, 10:34 PM
DL222
Senior User
They did say I would get any insensitive that was available at the time it came in. I'm just hoping for the AQHA membership to work.
It only took me about 30 minutes to order it but I had already spent a lot of time at home and had every number on paper. I did talk to my salesman before hand on the phone.

Old 06-18-2016, 11:31 PM
Vole
Senior User
MSRP $69525

I thought there is a much bigger difference in price with X-Plan on a $70k truck.

Old 06-18-2016, 11:33 PM
Vole
Senior User
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Here are the details of x-plan for anyone actually wanting to know how it works. https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerw...tner_rules.htm
That`s not saying anything about Canada. Still don`t know if i can use the Mustang Club pin for X-Plan in Canada or not.

Old 06-19-2016, 12:02 AM
351 Charlie
New User
17 years ago

Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Hows that for an answer? Somewhat inaccurate, that's how it is. (You did ask...) X-Plan is NOT 3.4% over dealer invoice. X-Plan is .4% UNDER invoice plus a $275 admin fee. It also limits doc fees to $100. So, add all that up and you end up within dollars or so of invoice depending on the price of the truck... likely a touch under. Dealers will not be touching the 3% holdback on a new model release and rarely do on established models so trying to negotiate it will just give them incentive to show you the door. As to all your other advice, it is completely dependent on the dealer's market and may apply... and may not apply at all. I have three Ford dealers within 20 miles of me and not one will consider invoice on a Taurus or anything else they sell. Head to a high volume dealer on the other end of the state and they do invoice all day long. So, bottom line is it's completely market dependent. If you are in a large market with high volume dealers competing for your business, just negotiate to invoice and your set. If your in a smaller market where this is not possible, pay the $40 for an x-plan pin by joining EAA and you don't have to negotiate at all.

I opened my comment stating Xplan has PROBABLY CHANGED since I was selling Fords! Unfortunately, I was forced to quit my career when I was diagnosed with a spinal condition (I'm now all f . . . uh, I mean messed up) I delevered my last new Ford in early 2000, and back then, "X plan WAS a certain percentage OVER invoice, which was a not so good deal for most. I stand by my comments and suggestions about ordering your truck. If I made a slight error, I'm sorry, I ain't perfect. But I will say this in my defense, and I'm not going to stay on this subject or repeat myself ever again, nor am I "bragging." I'm still very proud of my accomplishments. I was VERY successful, because I studied my spec books, attended every seminar, completed every on-line course and interactive class, I ALWAYS earned my certification, and was given SO many plaques from my dealer for "Salesman of the Month," he quit doing it! I also was recognised annually by Ford with multiple awards, not just for numbers, but very high customer satisfaction scores. Back then, Ford TOOK CARE of their top salespeople, so I was awarded with some FANTASTIC, 1st class all the way trips to NASCAR racing events at MIS, including riding with NASCAR drivers in 2 seat prepped Fords AND driving on the track, plus (my favorite) I was lucky enough to spend several all-day "Ride and Drive" events at Fords Dearborn proving grounds, meeting and riding with Carroll Shelby, Bob Bonderaunt, Bill Elliott and many more, driving Ford performance cars and trucks on the FIVE MILE OVAL & the road courses. I also got MANY peeks of mules being tested, 2-3 years prior to production - NO cameras were allowed, and we were SEARCHED! - I truly miss my job and career, but at least I'm not dead. Well, that's all for a while. Ford's still # 1, and that's all that REALLY matters, right? -351 Charlie

Quick Reply: X-Plan