2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Build Progress - VIN's and build dates

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 10:26 AM
pkjohn1
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HouseMouse
Yes, it's going to FW. With Texas most probably being the largest Ford/Truck consumer market..... one would surmise that there would be a priority of sorts to get the product out. One or two to Minnesota or North Dakota just doesn't bode well as far as the flood gates of limbo opening up. No offense to a fore mentioned states.... Just a blind example of problems.

Glad your and others that have or about to be built. Orders have been placed and held for months with no action by Ford. Ford sure didn't take no time off to get the public relations machine going and going and going.
Yep, hopefully a trainload of trucks for the DFW area. Mine's headed to Denton via Mesquite Ramp RK34.

Old 08-27-2016, 10:53 AM
EightySecond
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chat says I have an ETA of 9/17 to my dealer.

Old 08-27-2016, 01:53 PM
HouseMouse
Elder User
Chat Clarification. Kwap!

Good Afternoon Mike...... Just bordome here and thought I would give you a try. VIN#1FT8W3DTXHEB16926 is my F350 that is stuck in LIMBO at the Kentucky Plant awaiting (Something). My Dealer can't find out when or if it will ever ship. Any info for me would help.
Mike says:
Good afternoon, Raymond. Congrats on your order and I'm happy to look it up for you. It'll be a moment as I do so.
Mike says:
I appreciate your patience. I see that your 2017 Super Duty is in production and does not have an ETA yet. The most likely cause of the delay is because the dealer stock of Super Duty's are now reaching their lots. This means the customer orders are being produced now.
Mike says:
I see that you're typing so I'll wait for you.
Big John says:
Thanks Mike, I have a copy of the Window sticker stating that is was produced and my Dealer had a previous ETA and that got scrubbed for cause? So, yes it's built or no it's not built. In production means? Some folks on the Blogs have ordered their trucks and have stated to receive them. Quite confusing.
Mike says:
I do apologize for any confusion and I hope that I can clarify this for you. I'll also make sure this is documented and forwarded for consideration. In production means that it is in the process of being built. Typically speaking, a window sticker and a VIN are generated just before it starts the building process.

Old 08-27-2016, 03:12 PM
invstr55
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good Afternoon Mike...... Just bordome here and thought I would give you a try. VIN#1FT8W3DTXHEB16926 is my F350 that is stuck in LIMBO at the Kentucky Plant awaiting (Something). My Dealer can't find out when or if it will ever ship. Any info for me would help.
Mike says:
Good afternoon, Raymond. Congrats on your order and I'm happy to look it up for you. It'll be a moment as I do so.
Mike says:
I appreciate your patience. I see that your 2017 Super Duty is in production and does not have an ETA yet. The most likely cause of the delay is because the dealer stock of Super Duty's are now reaching their lots. This means the customer orders are being produced now.
Mike says:
I see that you're typing so I'll wait for you.
Big John says:
Thanks Mike, I have a copy of the Window sticker stating that is was produced and my Dealer had a previous ETA and that got scrubbed for cause? So, yes it's built or no it's not built. In production means? Some folks on the Blogs have ordered their trucks and have stated to receive them. Quite confusing.
Mike says:
I do apologize for any confusion and I hope that I can clarify this for you. I'll also make sure this is documented and forwarded for consideration. In production means that it is in the process of being built. Typically speaking, a window sticker and a VIN are generated just before it starts the building process.
Blah,blah blah blah blah

Best wishes..

Old 08-27-2016, 05:18 PM
Azuretruck
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Chat has very limited info

Old 08-27-2016, 05:21 PM
wb6anp
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
About the same as the tracking website, I wonder if thats what they are using.

Old 08-27-2016, 07:24 PM
1634Joe
Senior User
It's all we have and they both suck. It would seem ford could do better with technology now a days. It would really be nice to actually be able to track your truck all the way through

Old 08-27-2016, 07:36 PM
wb6anp
Logistics Pro
I had found or saw a link on here for the dimensions of the truck I.e bed height etc does anyone have that link?

Old 08-27-2016, 08:45 PM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I think it is past due for a tech folder in this forum "area". Lots of info has been thrown around and you're absolutely correct in that finding it can be cumbersome.

Just need someone with nothing better to do than to wait for their truck to be built and make a list of the useful links in this 2017 forum.

Old 08-27-2016, 09:57 PM
wb6anp
Logistics Pro
Old 08-28-2016, 04:31 AM
HouseMouse
Elder User
When a dealer says...."We'll know what's on it when it shows up", is exactly correct. Ford needs a or some sort of build progress tracking system for the consumer. Something like UPS, FedX or USPS has that gives some sort of tracking. The left hand at Ford doesn't know what the right hand is doing because the neighbors are trying to inject irrelevant knowledge to be relevant of something they know nothing about. .....

Old 08-28-2016, 08:30 AM
Rasty1
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Having just ordered my truck, I have to stop reading this thread, its depressing

Old 08-28-2016, 01:13 PM
NStorm
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 on Dealer Lot

Just for giggles, I ran by my dealer today...nice surprise sitting there!

I went to a drive event in July, but haven't seen a '17 next to a '15/'16...new trucks really are massive (I'm 5' 10" and my chin was level with the bottom of the front window), in every way. Nice rig!

Old 08-28-2016, 01:24 PM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 538 Likes on 262 Posts
Originally Posted by NStorm
Just for giggles, I ran by my dealer today...nice surprise sitting there!

I went to a drive event in July, but haven't seen a '17 next to a '15/'16...new trucks really are massive (I'm 5' 10" and my chin was level with the bottom of the front window), in every way. Nice rig!
That 16 Dually makes the new truck look small, I think.

Why are all the dealers only seeming to get XL trucks? They are nice, but wouldn't the dealers prefer to show off the fancier trucks as a way to introduce the new models?

Old 08-28-2016, 01:47 PM
1634Joe
Senior User
When a dealer says...."We'll know what's on it when it shows up", is exactly correct. Ford needs a or some sort of build progress tracking system for the consumer. Something like UPS, FedX or USPS has that gives some sort of tracking. The left hand at Ford doesn't know what the right hand is doing because the neighbors are trying to inject irrelevant knowledge to be relevant of something they know nothing about. .....
You are correct they need something better than chat .

Quick Reply: Build Progress - VIN's and build dates