2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Build Progress - VIN's and build dates

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 02:45 PM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 538 Likes on 262 Posts
Originally Posted by pkjohn1
Dealer called again, now truck is back at Ramp K1 in Kentucky awaiting shipping, still no ETA, no explanation why it was 'returned to plant' last two days.
Mine was returned to the plant and was awaiting shipment as of yesterday, but it was re-released. Mine went back for one day. There is usually no ETA once it hits shipping stage, from what I understand.

Old 08-26-2016, 07:11 PM
SwensonBarrettBunch
Mountain Pass
Received 52 Likes on 30 Posts
It's here. It will be home tomorrow

Old 08-26-2016, 07:25 PM
invstr55
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SwensonBarrettBunch
It's here. It will be home tomorrow
Congratulations....glad to see them coming in.

Old 08-26-2016, 07:49 PM
Azuretruck
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Happy they are being shipped finally

Old 08-26-2016, 07:57 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Fun to see the vehicles coming in but production is still way slow though. Line speed is still the same as start up. Problem is multiple parts shortages. Ford is building vehicles as fast as the parts supply allows but is falling farther behind. Some say production will be 6 weeks behind original launch schedule.

Old 08-26-2016, 09:54 PM
Rasty1
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Ordered today

Just ordered my 2017 F250 Lariat, white gold/caribou 6.7 crew cab today.

How long have people waited for their units?

Old 08-26-2016, 11:11 PM
Kenv
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rasty1
Just ordered my 2017 F250 Lariat, white gold/caribou 6.7 crew cab today.

How long have people waited for their units?
I have a 9/26 build date....hopefully putting my truck at the dealer around mid-October. That will be 6 months after I ordered it (April 20th). 6 MONTHS....

Old 08-26-2016, 11:52 PM
Rasty1
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kenv
I have a 9/26 build date....hopefully putting my truck at the dealer around mid-October. That will be 6 months after I ordered it (April 20th). 6 MONTHS....
Damn that is disappointing!

Old 08-27-2016, 03:15 AM
hollapm
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Rasty1
Damn that is disappointing!
Remember that they didn't start building them till late July...

Old 08-27-2016, 05:26 AM
HouseMouse
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick
Fun to see the vehicles coming in but production is still way slow though. Line speed is still the same as start up. Problem is multiple parts shortages. Ford is building vehicles as fast as the parts supply allows but is falling farther behind. Some say production will be 6 weeks behind original launch schedule.

I ordered pretty much a basic lariat. Noting fancy like the 360 camera system. Just the tow packages..... It's built and has been sitting in the Limbo parking lot for a few weeks now. Surly It can't be parts After viewing some of the trucks that are being delivered. I'm of the opinion that this is not a parts issue at all but a much larger issue. Transportation?, Management? This sorta reminds me of the news stories that come out just before Super Bowl about the expected shortage of Velveeta Cheese and you walk into Wall-Mutt and there are two pallet loads sitting in the front door for your convenience as you arrive. So stock up folks, there is an anticipated shortage. Helps generate speculation and sales.

Old 08-27-2016, 07:11 AM
Lawndawg65
Junior User
Waiting to be shipped

Originally Posted by HouseMouse
I ordered pretty much a basic lariat. Noting fancy like the 360 camera system. Just the tow packages..... It's built and has been sitting in the Limbo parking lot for a few weeks now. Surly It can't be parts After viewing some of the trucks that are being delivered. I'm of the opinion that this is not a parts issue at all but a much larger issue. Transportation?, Management? This sorta reminds me of the news stories that come out just before Super Bowl about the expected shortage of Velveeta Cheese and you walk into Wall-Mutt and there are two pallet loads sitting in the front door for your convenience as you arrive. So stock up folks, there is an anticipated shortage. Helps generate speculation and sales.
I think yours is coming to the Dallas area like mine, if I remember our vins are very close to together, mine was finished Tuesday and according to customer care yesterday it was "moved off site". How many trucks do they require for a run to Dallas by rail? They are all dropped off in Ft. Worth and trucked to the dealers. Mine is suppose to be here next weekend. Does it require 10, 50, 100?

Old 08-27-2016, 07:41 AM
HouseMouse
Elder User
Originally Posted by Lawndawg65
I think yours is coming to the Dallas area like mine, if I remember our vins are very close to together, mine was finished Tuesday and according to customer care yesterday it was "moved off site". How many trucks do they require for a run to Dallas by rail? They are all dropped off in Ft. Worth and trucked to the dealers. Mine is suppose to be here next weekend. Does it require 10, 50, 100?
Yes, it's going to FW. With Texas most probably being the largest Ford/Truck consumer market..... one would surmise that there would be a priority of sorts to get the product out. One or two to Minnesota or North Dakota just doesn't bode well as far as the flood gates of limbo opening up. No offense to a fore mentioned states.... Just a blind example of problems.

Glad your and others that have or about to be built. Orders have been placed and held for months with no action by Ford. Ford sure didn't take no time off to get the public relations machine going and going and going.

Old 08-27-2016, 08:01 AM
invstr55
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HouseMouse
Yes, it's going to FW. With Texas most probably being the largest Ford/Truck consumer market..... one would surmise that there would be a priority of sorts to get the product out. One or two to Minnesota or North Dakota just doesn't bode well as far as the flood gates of limbo opening up. No offense to a fore mentioned states.... Just a blind example of problems.

Glad your and others that have or about to be built. Orders have been placed and held for months with no action by Ford. Ford sure didn't take no time off to get the public relations machine going and going and going.
Really wish you guy's would get your trucks out of the storage lot so they would have room for mine there.....

Old 08-27-2016, 08:37 AM
EightySecond
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Holy crap, I have a window sticker! 😁

5 bumps of my build date and something is happening.

If I know what I'm looking at it looks like it was built on the 26th yesterday (date at the end of the long chain in the bottom box).

Old 08-27-2016, 09:16 AM
HouseMouse
Elder User
Originally Posted by EightySecond
Holy crap, I have a window sticker! 😁

5 bumps of my build date and something is happening.

If I know what I'm looking at it looks like it was built on the 26th yesterday (date at the end of the long chain in the bottom box).

Welcome to the Limbo parking lot! The train to IN passed through on it's way to Minn. Next train your way.......

Quick Reply: Build Progress - VIN's and build dates