General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Ford 3000 Tractor - Power Steering Filter question

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 09:37 PM
Rusty_S
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 79 Posts
Ford 3000 Tractor - Power Steering Filter question

I am grasping at straws right now. I want to place an order for a power steering filter as well as the radius rod caps to get them in hopefully by Friday to do the work this weekend.

Thing is though since I have a power steering leak that has gotten worse I am going to be re sealing the leaky ram cylinder. But because of this leak I am filling the external pump reservoir every time we go to use the tractor. So I know the filter is about as tall as the reservoir itself is. Thing is though only filter I am finding is a shorty pancake style and am not sure if that is the correct one.

Old 05-11-2016, 05:54 PM
85e150
Super Moderator
Received 1,597 Likes on 1,302 Posts
You've been here already?

Ford 3000 Parts - Steering Parts

Old 05-11-2016, 08:23 PM
Rusty_S
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 79 Posts
**** that place. tried to help a guy on a oil pressure question in the forum and I get jumped by one of their ********* telling me 10 psi per 1000 rpm is not adequate. Then tried to tell me diesels need high pressure oil then further told me 7.3 and 6.0 has high pressure oil systems and the 6.4 is like the 6.7 with a common rail fuel system. Funny considering at work we have a 6.4 torn apart for a high volume pump just like the 6.0 meaning its not a common rail. But yet all thoses ********* took and supported that liar that started **** because he has credibility there for so many posts.

I have so few posts on that **** hole of a site which I wished I never bought anything from them as its always been cheap knock off **** that was broken when it arrived or barely worked. But they cant even answer a question for me without telling me to rig my tractor up like some back water moonshine drinking cousing screwing farming hillbilly over fixing it the right way.

To end the venting I already checked there they like steiner like tractorpartsasap all have the filter for the late model '70 and up I believe it is pumps that has a built in reservoir. The earlier ones had an external reservoir where the filter is like 2 3/4" diameter by 3 1/4" tall or something like that.

I checked with Napa after work they were able to cross the Ford part number I got from steiner via email to a Wix but it says Wix currently doesn't make the filter. So my only other option is to check the Ford/New Holland dealership where the tractor was purchased from to see if they have any.