6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Slippery Slope - Cardinal 3850RL 5th wheel

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 02:39 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,198 Likes on 573 Posts
Dave, Monty makes those for forum members that come to G2G's! I can't wait for mine...

Old 05-13-2018, 02:54 PM
djousma
Cargo Master
Received 916 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Dave, Monty makes those for forum members that come to G2G's! I can't wait for mine...
Yea, well that doesnt help me much does it... Maybe Monty will come along and suggest what to use to hold the panels in.

Old 05-13-2018, 03:03 PM
System
Prolocutor
Commercial Velcro. He made up his and just made a set for his partner at work's new Montana.

Old 05-13-2018, 03:07 PM
System
Prolocutor
Old 05-13-2018, 03:09 PM
System
Prolocutor
Come on Dave, come to one of our trips!

Old 05-13-2018, 03:21 PM
djousma
Cargo Master
It looks like I have the same door as Monty's partner. My panels are already cut to fit inside the recesses not over them. I've also read on other forums about the velcro adhesive getting soft in the heat, and letting loose.

Old 05-13-2018, 03:24 PM
djousma
Cargo Master
One of these years! The problem is not enough vacation time. We have all of our usual spots/times. That work thing seems to be getting in the way!!! If I were like Roy, and had unlimited funds, and time, We'd be there in a heartbeat!

Old 05-13-2018, 03:27 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Agree 100%. Come on and join the fun. You can see the chair that Jodi and I bought for our camping, and enjoy some freshly smoked Texas style brisket, while sipping moonshine with the gang!

Old 05-13-2018, 04:48 PM
djousma
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee
Agree 100%. Come on and join the fun. You can see the chair that Jodi and I bought for our camping, and enjoy some freshly smoked Texas style brisket, while sipping moonshine with the gang!
Thanks Doug. It would be good to compare notes on the smoker. I've got a SmokinTex electric smoker that I retrofitted with a PID controller. I've gotten the Ribs, Pork Shoulders, and Brisket down pretty good, but looking for the "secret sauce" when it comes to seasoning. No one ever complains, but always looking to tweak to that next level.

Old 05-13-2018, 04:49 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,000 Likes on 1,601 Posts
Originally Posted by djousma
One of these years! The problem is not enough vacation time. We have all of our usual spots/times. That work thing seems to be getting in the way!!! If I were like Roy, and had unlimited funds, and time, We'd be there in a heartbeat!
My money tree died........
I thought that I could sell by body on the street corner.............

Old 05-13-2018, 05:03 PM
djousma
Cargo Master
Yea, well that doesnt help me much does it... Maybe Monty will come along and suggest what to use to hold the panels in.

Looks like I need to head to my local hardware store that does window glass replacement looking for some rubber Window Glazing similar to this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/CRL-Black-U...EAAOSwhCpan047

Old 05-13-2018, 05:35 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Thanks Doug. It would be good to compare notes on the smoker. I've got a SmokinTex electric smoker that I retrofitted with a PID controller. I've gotten the Ribs, Pork Shoulders, and Brisket down pretty good, but looking for the "secret sauce" when it comes to seasoning. No one ever complains, but always looking to tweak to that next level.
I am always experimenting as well. I make my own rub and have really enjoyed it, but I decided to experiment with a small brisket for my wife and myself a few days ago with a completely different set of ingredients for my rub. It is much less complex than my original rub recipe, and I like it even better for the most part. By experimenting with it now, I wouldn't risk ruining good meat intended to share with the group in Mammoth. Sometimes, KISS is the best way. It is easy to overcomplicate meat seasonings. This last experiment was definitely KISS. Having others offer feedback is helpful as well - especially those who really appreciate BBQ.

Old 05-14-2018, 05:02 AM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 83 Likes on 16 Posts
Nothing like being thrown under the bus by a friend!!

Dave, I've had my storm door in place for two years now that is held in by Industrial Strength Velcro and my unit sits out in the hot GA sun all year(well, putting up RV cover today) and have never had a problem with it sliding or getting soft and coming apart.I buy the 1.5" and cut it in half with a rotary fabric cutter so I have 3/4" w and double the length. Takes about 30; to do these doors.

Old 05-14-2018, 06:41 AM
djousma
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by golfmedik
Nothing like being thrown under the bus by a friend!!

Dave, I've had my storm door in place for two years now that is held in by Industrial Strength Velcro and my unit sits out in the hot GA sun all year(well, putting up RV cover today) and have never had a problem with it sliding or getting soft and coming apart.I buy the 1.5" and cut it in half with a rotary fabric cutter so I have 3/4" w and double the length. Takes about 30; to do these doors.
That's good to know Monty. I'll keep that in mind if I am forced to re-engineer.

Old 05-22-2018, 07:54 AM
djousma
Cargo Master
latest problem to solve

So, you all know the Cardinal was in to FR over the winter. They did a good job fixing my laundry list. One minor issue on the list, that I need a DYI fix for. So, my Cardinal bedroom slide is the Norco cable-driven slide, you can make out the cables at the top and bottom of the slide in this photo:

When it was at the factory, they replaced all slide seals, including the ones on this slide. I'm getting a very small amount of water leakage, but only after a several hour rain, and then just a tiny bit. It also only occurs when the slide is deployed, I have not seen any when retracted. That leads me to believe that the leak is in the slide seals vs something external to the slide(roof, etc).

After sleeping on it overnight, it occurred to me, that the leak is probably at the cable entry point(s), and after exercising the googler, I see others have had the same complaint. I've emailed my dealer, and my contact at FR asking for best method to reseal those entry points, as the cables run directly through the side seals. I'm thinking a 1"x1" square rubber (1"x 1") adhesive backed weather strip of some sort? with a small hole in middle/slit up the bottom? I just dont know what will stick well enough, and thats why I am asking.

Quick Reply: Slippery Slope - Cardinal 3850RL 5th wheel