Slippery Slope - Cardinal 3850RL 5th wheel - Page 3 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Slippery Slope - Cardinal 3850RL 5th wheel

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slippery Slope - Cardinal 3850RL 5th wheel

Old 05-05-2016, 08:50 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
If you haven't even gotten a quote, I'd call them. Only play chicken after you tell them what you're willing to pay....

Old 05-05-2016, 08:51 AM
djousma
Posting Guru
djousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to behold
OK, thanks. I appreciate the words of wisdom guys.

Old 05-05-2016, 09:02 AM
dlibson
Post Fiend
dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.dlibson has a spectacular reputation.
Agree with Randy. You give them your price, then wait.

Old 05-05-2016, 09:23 AM
Sailor_Roy
Montana Chapter LDR
Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
Hire Rodney as your agent.......

Think about it.........

Old 05-05-2016, 10:00 AM
my_crib_too
Posting Guru
my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.my_crib_too has a spectacular reputation.
Google can be your friend here too. Look around for as many examples as you can for similar units with better prices. Get a price from some of the RV wholesalers.

On our last RV, the dealer got help from the factory to make the deal. We had several things to add on and the factory tossed those in for free and knocked a few thousand dollars off. The factory closed the deal for us.

Make sure you toss everything into the deal prior to putting your name on the contract. Extra air conditioners, remote control fantastic fans and covers, auto leveling, better mattress, bug screens. The dealer will often install things for free too. After you sign, the dealer is done giving you a deal on anything.

bruce....

Old 05-05-2016, 10:02 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy View Post
Hire Rodney as your agent.......

Think about it.........
My wife has often suggested I start a business offering professional research and shopping services...

Old 05-05-2016, 12:04 PM
djousma
Posting Guru
djousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by my_crib_too View Post
Google can be your friend here too. Look around for as many examples as you can for similar units with better prices. Get a price from some of the RV wholesalers.

On our last RV, the dealer got help from the factory to make the deal. We had several things to add on and the factory tossed those in for free and knocked a few thousand dollars off. The factory closed the deal for us.

Make sure you toss everything into the deal prior to putting your name on the contract. Extra air conditioners, remote control fantastic fans and covers, auto leveling, better mattress, bug screens. The dealer will often install things for free too. After you sign, the dealer is done giving you a deal on anything.

bruce....
Bruce, I've been doing that. Not many dealerships put the "best" prices on the internet without talking to someone first. I found a couple, and one in particular that is listed at 33% off, in California. RVWholesalers doesn't seem to have Cardinal, nor does the other large online dealer mentioned earlier in the thread.

I'll be doing as Rodney suggested, and coming up with my own number in that 35-37% off range, along with a number for my old trailer in trade, based on NADA.

Fact is, I want the best price possible, but not at the cost of not purchasing at all. Of course, that's where the patience comes in, which I'm not known to have a lot of.....

Old 05-05-2016, 12:18 PM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
The trade will likely be your biggest hang up Dave. I've never been able to get a good value on a RV trade and it will also murky the waters on the new price. If you can, sell it outright. On my last one the best trade price I could get was 23-26k from a couple of dealers. Sold it outright for 40... Cars seem to be much easier to trade than RV's. On a car I usually have to swallow a grand or two off what I'm expecting and I take it due to the tax credit and ease of the deal. Trading an RV is a different animal...

Old 05-05-2016, 12:34 PM
djousma
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
The trade will likely be your biggest hang up Dave. I've never been able to get a good value on a RV trade and it will also murky the waters on the new price. If you can, sell it outright. On my last one the best trade price I could get was 23-26k from a couple of dealers. Sold it outright for 40... Cars seem to be much easier to trade than RV's. On a car I usually have to swallow a grand or two off what I'm expecting and I take it due to the tax credit and ease of the deal. Trading an RV is a different animal...

The trade is not worth much, maybe 5K. NADA has low-end retail at 8K. Another dealer has already told me 5.5K as trade based NADA as well. It's pretty well used. Mechanically everything working, interior in great shape, no leaks, tires/brakes 4 years old. Externally its a typical aluminum sided trailer that has seen the sun for 12 years with cracking decals.

Old 05-05-2016, 12:38 PM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Got it. That's a different story then. Keep us posted and have fun! The tough part will be over soon then you get to go camping and perhaps even more fun... ACCESSORIZING! We can help you spend all kinds of money there...

Old 05-05-2016, 12:49 PM
djousma
Posting Guru
I did contact the dealer this morning. Evidently the sales guy is waiting for the owner to return from a business trip to get the pricing info. He said I should get that today. My plan is to review that, make my counter-offer on both the rig, and trade-in, and then do as you guys have advised me, and see what happens.

Old 05-05-2016, 01:27 PM
SavageNFS
Post Fiend
SavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputation
I almost feel sorry for that salesman (with the all the input from the people here), but then I think about you inquiring about a Cardinal and him waiting DAYS to get back to you to tell you he is waiting until he talks to the owner. Totally fine and acceptable, but CALL YOU AND TELL YOU. It's not that hard. I hope you get a great deal.

Old 05-05-2016, 02:19 PM
djousma
Posting Guru
Yea, Andre, I was surprised too. Part of that could have been the tone that I set, intentionally. A little bit of the back story is that we stopped in there on a whim back in March(on my birthday no less). I told the guy we are just starting research for a purchase in 2017 to replace/upgrade our aging TT. Fast forward to this week, when I made the initial call to him again, I set the tone that we are testing the water to see if we can make something happen this year. So, he probably got the message that I'm not in a hurry, which is the tone I wanted to set.

Old 05-05-2016, 04:01 PM
SavageNFS
Post Fiend
SavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputation
Dave...I'm in sales and I can tell you that I rarely get upset customers from communicating with them. Had he called you and pressured you that one thing. In my opinion, he should have called you and at least told you it was going to be a few days. That's just me. I'm **** about customer service and a lot of industries and sales professionals used to be as well.

Old 05-05-2016, 04:06 PM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
I agree. I always kill my customers with communication and information. Even if I don't know something, I tell them as much and that I will be working on an answer. As a customer I desire lots of info and so when on the other end of the equation, I offer what I would appreciate as that customer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Slippery Slope - Cardinal 3850RL 5th wheel

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: