Project Lazarus-The Mare Resurrection

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 01:48 PM
Bubba Jones
Fleet Mechanic
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by fordman67
Don't like doooooolies?!?!
We don't need that kind of negativity around here. I'm glad we aren't friends because I can't be associated with those type of people. Ugg smh ahhhhh
Haha I don't hate them! I just think it would be a little too inconvenient to use it as a daily driver though. I think the SRW looks is a little better as well. Plus... tires are expensive enough... having two more would make me really sad whenever I had to change tires.

DRW are still pretty cool, but trying to part even with my Bronco sometimes gets pretty hard, especially on campus. A dually would be a nightmare trying to park! ASU charges like 200,000 dollars to park 10 miles from campus (slight exaggeration), and the parking spots seem like they are meant for smart cars and mini coopers. It seems like my tires are almost on both white lines wherever I park there.

Don't give up on friendship! It's still possible I don't spread negativity all the time!

Old 05-03-2016, 01:56 PM
tshrager
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by pilgrimbizket
It was a joke bro, I like that movie.

Why all the harshness man?

I dont get why you would love to meet me one day either? Seems a little creepy to me, I dont know who even know you? Please dont be that weird dude who shows up at my doorstep and shoots my family k thanks...

Just wanted to make a comment about your project name which is bassed off a horror movie right??? so what is so wrong with what i said?
My apologies as quirky sarcasm is not always interpreted correctly over the Internet. No harm no foul.

Originally Posted by Bubba Jones
Haha I don't hate them! I just think it would be a little too inconvenient to use it as a daily driver though. I think the SRW looks is a little better as well. Plus... tires are expensive enough... having two more would make me really sad whenever I had to change tires.

DRW are still pretty cool, but trying to part even with my Bronco sometimes gets pretty hard, especially on campus. A dually would be a nightmare trying to park! ASU charges like 200,000 dollars to park 10 miles from campus (slight exaggeration), and the parking spots seem like they are meant for smart cars and mini coopers. It seems like my tires are almost on both white lines wherever I park there.

Don't give up on friendship! It's still possible I don't spread negativity all the time!
I completely agree that they COULD be a PITA for DD'ing. However, that will not be this particular trucks primary role.

Old 05-03-2016, 02:03 PM
dclack
Fleet Mechanic
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Old 05-03-2016, 02:07 PM
El Camino Man
Logistics Pro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I... want... it! Although its strictly for looks. Could you imagine towing with something with a shorter wheelbase than a RCSB?

Old 05-03-2016, 02:11 PM
cowmilker08
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^^ Look who found his way out of the OT thread!

Old 05-03-2016, 02:14 PM
Bubba Jones
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by tshrager
I completely agree that they COULD be a PITA for DD'ing. However, that will not be this particular trucks primary role.
Yeah I didn't think it was going to be. I'm not at the point yet I can have too many other vehicles that aren't DDs. I surprisingly have two vehicles now while I'm still in college and living at my parent's place. I didn't think my parents would be too happy when I brought home a donor vehicle for my swap but they weren't really upset! I did have to get rid of it somewhat quickly though.

Old 05-03-2016, 02:15 PM
lee00
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by dclack

I was just thinking how cool would a 7.3L dually bronco 4 door would be....as I was reading through this...

Old 05-03-2016, 02:20 PM
lee00
Posting Guru
Yeah I didn't think it was going to be. I'm not at the point yet I can have too many other vehicles that aren't DDs. I surprisingly have two vehicles now while I'm still in college and living at my parent's place. I didn't think my parents would be too happy when I brought home a donor vehicle for my swap but they weren't really upset! I did have to get rid of it somewhat quickly though.

You don't want here that I am living in an apartment (with a garage) with my GF and her 3 kids and my currently own vehicle list goes like this:

2011 Yamaha fz6r - motorcycle
2014 harbor freight 4x8 trailer
1997 ford f350 cclb drw - at friends garage being worked on - Fort Wayne, IN
1998 Ford explorer - doesn't run - sitting at gf's house waiting to be picked up - Hazard, KY
2007 Ford Focus - my DD
2004 Mercury Grand Marquis - waiting to be picked up at my parents house - Lawrence, MA

This list doesn't include my girlfriends 2002 Pontiac grand prix

Old 05-03-2016, 02:29 PM
Bubba Jones
Fleet Mechanic
Haha that's a pretty big list for living in an apartment! I'm worried when I move out what I'm going to have to do with my vehicles. I don't want to get an apartment because I'd love to have a garage to park in. Depending on what the Air Force decides I may not have a choice! I'll see if I can leave my Camaro at my parents though when I leave unless I have to move somewhere with salt and snow. If that's the case, I'll probably buy a beater truck or something that won't depress me if it starts to rust.

Old 05-03-2016, 03:28 PM
dclack
Fleet Mechanic
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by lee00
I was just thinking how cool would a 7.3L dually bronco 4 door would be....as I was reading through this...
That wouldn't be so bad, but a Bronco is too short to tow anything heavy.

Old 05-03-2016, 07:15 PM
tshrager
Lead Driver
Well it didn't take long for this to get OT. LOL! And it wasn't even Glenn's fault! Lmao!

Old 05-03-2016, 07:34 PM
Bubba Jones
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by tshrager
Well it didn't take long for this to get OT. LOL! And it wasn't even Glenn's fault! Lmao!
Haha, yeah I was just thinking that when I went to school. This has the potential to be the unofficial "Whoah did this thread take a weird turn" thread.

Anyways, have any more pictures of the work? I imagine it took a long time cleaning up the fire damage on the other truck. It looked like you pretty much got it all taken care of!

Old 05-03-2016, 07:47 PM
tshrager
Lead Driver
Haha, yeah I was just thinking that when I went to school. This has the potential to be the unofficial "Whoah did this thread take a weird turn" thread.

Anyways, have any more pictures of the work? I imagine it took a long time cleaning up the fire damage on the other truck. It looked like you pretty much got it all taken care of!
Negative. Been a long few days at work and my son wasn't feeling too well. Translation he was up at 4am the past few nights. Terrible. I am planning to head out to the shop tomorrow night.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:26 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cowmilker08
4x4 DRW are cool
I'm glad you threw that part in there!

Old 05-03-2016, 09:49 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 401 Likes on 270 Posts
Originally Posted by ReBilld