Notices

billet fuel door

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 12:17 PM
doaner
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question billet fuel door

can a billet fuel door be installed on a 03 supercrew. all makes of doors say "except supercrew". any suggestions??

Old 08-15-2003, 06:00 PM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
billet fuel door

Well, I'm not sure what the difference would be, but here is a picture of a Mustang door I used on my Explorer

You might want to email the manufacturer and find out what the difference is and why they say it will not fit...

Old 08-17-2003, 05:25 PM
chisel101
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
billet fuel door

nice looking explorer cobraXp! the billet door looks great!
i just installed one on my 03 Expedition...it was made for current F-250's... perfect fit! doaner, most of the gas doors (round style) are almost identical on the trucks...give it a go

Old 08-17-2003, 06:28 PM
CobraXP
Logistics Pro
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
billet fuel door

Thanks! The only thing different about the Mustang fit and the Explorer is that the cap is on the passenger side on a Mustang - so when I put it on, the Mustang horse that is molded on the door was upside down. Didn't really matter, because it is in the inside, and I also fabricated it on a push switch from the inside like the Crown Vics have. Now you can't open it from the outside like a regular door, you have to mash the button by the seat. And yes - I know they can be pryed open (I knew someone would say it)...