6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Need a quick response add extra leaf spring

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 06:48 PM
Lawrencew
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dualwheels66
I always have at least 3000lbs in the back of my dually. I had to take out the factory 2 inch block and put in a 4 inch one, if I didn't my headlights would point to the sky. That raised the rear of the truck but the springs were not what they should be. I added stable loads and now my helper springs are doing what they are designed for. I do like the idea of an all spring solution, it's simple and reliable. Air bags are nice too but then its something else that could go bad, although my bags have never given me any problems, I like the simple solution.
So your dually came with 2" blocks ? My 450 has no blocks , as described in different thread I'm putting in 2.5" blocks. Interesting

Old 04-10-2016, 07:57 PM
dualwheels66
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep, 2inch blocks are standard with duallies

Old 04-10-2016, 10:06 PM
BROWN DOG KTM
Fleet Mechanic
Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts
Radium,
I didn't mean NOTHING or being ugly at all towards your post.

I ONLY wanted to know where in the leaf pack you added your extra leaf, because I'm wanting to do the same thing.

Sorry if I came across wrong.

I'm a farmer & not too Internet smart

Old 04-11-2016, 07:22 AM
djousma
Cargo Master
Received 908 Likes on 328 Posts
Dude, relax, no one trying to pick a fight with you. You mentioned early on that you lifted the front 2" to level the truck. Other than that you didn't say why until later when I brought it up. There are MANY complaints on this forum from guys that have done the lift on the front because they don't care for the raked look, then wonder WHY the truck appears to sag when loaded.

Old 04-11-2016, 08:22 AM
radium
Elder User
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
apology excepted i understand was not really mad at you the other guy just never stops like others such dram girls lol. hers the photo of it being installed, cant say enoigh good things about it truck handles great should have been their day one .

Old 04-11-2016, 08:25 AM
radium
Elder User
when i get tme ill take a closer shot not much to see but what a improvement

Old 04-11-2016, 08:38 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
Originally Posted by Big-Foot
As usual, you manage to construe people's attempts to answer your questions or requests for help as attacks. This is a discussion board. You don't need to take part in the discussion even though you may well have authored the original thread. You do not own the content of the thread either - it is part of FTE now, forever and ever - amen..
At this point, I am chosing to ignore any of your future posts as you've not really offered anything that I would consider as constructive.
If others would like to do the same thing, all you need to do is to click on the person's name, then select ADD TO IGNORE LIST.

OVER AND OUT...
Thank you for the tip. I never had a need but now that I do, this is handy. This is the second thread where I've notice the "combative" nature of the thread comes from the OP and not normal FTE members trying to help. To quote Ted Vernon from South Beach Classics, "I'm Done".

bruce...

Old 04-11-2016, 09:26 AM
BROWN DOG KTM
Fleet Mechanic
Thanks Radium for the pic

I'll be doin the same as you did.

I've lifted & modded 4x4 suspensions for 30yrs & love strait axle suspensions

I wouldn't own a GM / Dodge strictly because of their front suspension setup lol

Old 04-11-2016, 09:57 AM
radium
Elder User
You're welcome. And talk about combative I've watched you on many occasions slander a new user on a simple question about their engine making sounds I believe you even attack me with my first report . it'll be a pleasure not to listen to your comments either thanks for taking off LOL like I stated earlier a bunch of drama queens I never get combative unless I'm being told I'm full of **** . At 55 years old I don't believe I need to waste my time coming on a web page to make myself feel better by putting people down or saying something that isn't true you take care of yourself, I hope you figure out when you look back at some of your comments on many of occasion with your little colorful character good day sir

Not exactly the best angle she actually sits a little Factory rake now

Old 04-11-2016, 10:10 AM
radium
Elder User
Brown dog your welcome that wasn't aimed at you that was the gentleman after you just realize when I read it it sounded like I was blasting you a misunderstanding take care

Old 04-11-2016, 11:44 AM
BROWN DOG KTM
Fleet Mechanic
That's a Killer looking Truck & stance

I Love me some SRW F350's

Old 04-11-2016, 04:44 PM
radium
Elder User
Thanks wasn't my first choice in color of trucks but this second one at least has been running well. Also forgot to mention with all the sidetracking nonsense going on in my post as usual, when they added Leafs in the back they found the truck was a quarter inch lower on one side didn't notice it myself but they showed me on frame rack and didn't charge me straighten the bend in the one spring don't know how long it will last we'll see. i only have 14,000 miles I'm surprised the leaf springs take a set that fast, but I have had extreme amounts of weight in the back of the truck after all I use my truck on a daily event of hauling weight take care

Old 04-12-2016, 07:11 PM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm confused about the 35" tires? Aren't your tires in that photo 34"?

Old 04-13-2016, 03:20 AM
radium
Elder User
no they are 275 /18/70 too narrow and no traction off road at all.
this is what i do too all my trucks for job sites & farm325/65/18 34.7 tall 13 inches wide

Attached Images  
Old 04-14-2016, 05:40 AM
radium
Elder User
Just a quick update about 800 miles on the truck since the Springs have been installed oh I'm sorry leaf springs don't want to have anything incorrect God forbid I make a mistake and say something and it gets misconstrued LOL. The gentleman at the leaf spring shop was correct these new trucks take to the extra Leaf like bread to butter if anyone's thinking about adding one have no fear does not change the ride quality at all in fact I think it makes it more stable empty or full that's all take care

Quick Reply: Need a quick response add extra leaf spring