6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Need a quick response add extra leaf spring

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 07:04 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,198 Likes on 573 Posts
Out of my 35000 miles on my truck, 25k of them are with 2600-3200 of pin weight in the bed. Never had s headlight aim or bump handling issue? I wonder why you're having such a hard time with much less weight in the bed?

Old 04-10-2016, 07:14 AM
radium
Elder User
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Well once again argumentative I wouldn't make a statement if it wasn't true. Should have took a picture to show it to you dealer said the same thing drove it to the dealership to show him. My 2009 1800 pounds in the back and would not even touch the helper springs this truck crushes the helper springs. One other thing you're incorrect not that it matters the Springs added 1000 pounds pounds of lift increase not that the trucks axles can handle it but it is there to help the stability of the ride just like your airbags and wedges do take care

Old 04-10-2016, 07:21 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,198 Likes on 573 Posts
No one is arguing with you and I never said I didn't believe that you felt you had an issue. I simply asked what your theory is as to why you are having an issue that I am not. I have the factory suspension with no add ons. 100% stock and use my truck to carry heavier loads than you do and don't have an issue. Just curious what the difference was. As to the overload springs, they are designed to be in use when carrying a heavy load. That's why they are there. This is how you get a good ride unloaded and the support you need loaded. Take care.

Old 04-10-2016, 07:41 AM
BROWN DOG KTM
Fleet Mechanic
Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts
Originally Posted by radium
... Went ahead and put the extra leaf springs in ...
What brand & part # leafs did you add in ?
Were they long leafs that fit in bout the 3rd leaf down ?
Is your truck DRW ?

Pix ??

I've ordered a 16 6.7L DRW with bed delete option because it has 140hp & 200ft lbs MORE than the commercial cab & chassis truck !!! Thanks to the Govnt & emissions BS for detuning & smaller turbo !!!

I'm aware the Dually has 66" leafs with 5or6 LESS leafs than the 55"
C&C rear leaf pack.

F350 C&C is rated around 1200lbs more payload with the shorter & extra leafs.

I want to add 1or2 extra Leafs, NOT air bags - to beef it up.

It's a 1 ton truck folks, it's not supposed to ride good lol

Old 04-10-2016, 07:43 AM
drillmaster
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I installed a set of Stableloads on my F250 and it has helped keep the rear from sagging when loaded. They work by causing the overload spring to be engaged all the time. They can also be disengaged by pulling the pin and using a 3/8 ratchet to rotate them out from between the springs.

Old 04-10-2016, 08:54 AM
radium
Elder User
Went to a place in Albany heavy duty truck repair they fix City trucks and 18-wheelers they make custom steel it's between the lower long Leafs. single rear wheel drive doesn't touch the helper springs at all now just added an inch and a half of overall height and a thousand pound capacity which once again doesn't really matter it's the stability of the load not sagging the truck down and bouncing like a monkey going down the road. as far as loads in my truck I easily broke the max load weight in this truck with a load of ceramic LOL that's the lightest load is 1500 pounds making it go down on its haunches before the updated Leafs. bull**** that they produce a work truck that can't handle 1200 pounds without sinking low enough for a State Trooper to ask me if I'm overloaded and looking to write me a ticket the only reason I got out of it is the boxes had tile weight on the side of the box and we added them up to less than 1300 pounds the trooper laughed and said what a piece of **** can't handle that much weight I agreed with him wholeheartedly take care

Old 04-10-2016, 09:12 AM
djousma
Cargo Master
Received 922 Likes on 331 Posts
You mentioned in a prior post to this thread that you had earlier put a 2" lift on the front to level it out. I believe thats your problem. Had you left the factory suspension alone, with the typical F350 rake unloaded, its my guess that you would have been level without adding the extra leaf.

At any rate its history now, since you have taken action already. But in the end you lifted the front first, now lifted the rear a little more.

Old 04-10-2016, 10:03 AM
radium
Elder User
Incorrect this issue occurred long before the front end was lifted 2 inches, it's just worse now of course. it needs to be done to have 35 inch tires clear for my farm to get out into the mud in the fields . Apparently this is not a big issue according to the repair shop in Albany last year alone he did over 560 trucks not all Ford Chevy and Dodge with contractors complaining how the truck couldn't handle the weight but according to him since 2011 new design Ford it's been much more with the super Duty's just saying I'm not alone with my complaint take care

Old 04-10-2016, 11:57 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't often carry 5k in the bed of my truck, but if it road like a buck-board unloaded or lightly loaded, I would have shopped another brand. Cadillac? Phooey.... A good hard working truck with an accessory I added on to make it fit my needs to a T...
Glad that the extra leaf works for you, but clearly you are in the minority in the need of full load capability full time.
We used to have a late 2000's Chevy Crewcab Dually on one of the racing teams I was on. We always put the new guy(s) in the back seat to get their spines hammered while we had significantly more comfort in the front.

Old 04-10-2016, 12:21 PM
radium
Elder User
Totally agree with you it's working for me I just wanted to let other people know it's alright if they need to add a leaf no major change truck handling other than Improvement. On a cautionary side I do have a fuel tank and a work box as I stated before I can't imagine that much weight would matter the fuel tank is about 250 pounds with the motor empty of course , the weather guard tool box itself can't be any more than eighty pounds because I can lift it and install it by myself and I'm a little guy whopping 5 foot 9 and 152 pounds wet LOL.take care

Old 04-10-2016, 03:45 PM
BROWN DOG KTM
Fleet Mechanic
Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts
... it's between the lower long Leafs ...
So the leaf u added is right on top of the Thick Overload Leaf that's on very bottom ??

Old 04-10-2016, 05:18 PM
radium
Elder User
As usual more controversy and BS on this webpage. First of I didn't install anything I paid to have it installed LOL secondly it's located between the two long leafs on the bottom near the axle sandwich between them I'll take a picture tomorrow and post it .

Old 04-10-2016, 05:40 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As usual more controversy and BS on this webpage. First of I didn't install anything I paid to have it installed LOL secondly it's located between the two long leafs on the bottom near the axle sandwich between them I'll take a picture tomorrow and post it .
As usual, you manage to construe people's attempts to answer your questions or requests for help as attacks. This is a discussion board. You don't need to take part in the discussion even though you may well have authored the original thread. You do not own the content of the thread either - it is part of FTE now, forever and ever - amen..
At this point, I am chosing to ignore any of your future posts as you've not really offered anything that I would consider as constructive.
If others would like to do the same thing, all you need to do is to click on the person's name, then select ADD TO IGNORE LIST.

OVER AND OUT...

Old 04-10-2016, 06:09 PM
radium
Elder User
If that were only true as usual your Condon sending crap that most of the members on this site do , like his last comment I didn't explain where the leaf spring was put is exactly the problem with the entire site. Whether it's a vocabulary or grammar correction ,or someone who disagrees with the high-and-mighty elite of this site either it's fuel mileage the way the truck drives or any new member that comes on with a complaint about a 6.7 it is immediate shutdown and ridicule. if I could only believe you will never have comets I would be very happy . really ?? you can't tell by that last post so the leaf you add is right on the top of the thick overload Leaf that's on the very bottom is the most condescending comment I've ever read if he truly wanted to help comets like that wouldn't even be allowed on.

The final statement here is I actually did what I was asking about in the first post and I was letting people know that it's more than acceptable to put a leaf in to help the ride of a sagging truck good day sir hopefully we'll never see each other again LOL

Old 04-10-2016, 06:34 PM
dualwheels66
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I always have at least 3000lbs in the back of my dually. I had to take out the factory 2 inch block and put in a 4 inch one, if I didn't my headlights would point to the sky. That raised the rear of the truck but the springs were not what they should be. I added stable loads and now my helper springs are doing what they are designed for. I do like the idea of an all spring solution, it's simple and reliable. Air bags are nice too but then its something else that could go bad, although my bags have never given me any problems, I like the simple solution.

Quick Reply: Need a quick response add extra leaf spring