Sponsored by:

E4od Swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 10:57 PM
Jelly Rolls
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post E4od Swap

I have '94 Bronco that I can use as a donor that has an E4OD transmission. Has anyone ever swapped this trans into an EB? It is quite a bit longer than the C6 and I'm worried about driveline angles. With 4.10 gears, I would like to have the overdrive.

Old 08-14-2003, 12:36 PM
traildawg
Senior User
E4od Swap

The E4OD has computer controlled shifting based on rpm, load, etc., so unless you're also swapping the matching efi engine and computer it won't work. There's also no adapter made for it to bolt to the D20 T-case.

Old 08-14-2003, 08:10 PM
Jelly Rolls
New User
E4od Swap

The 94 is complete and driveable, but no longer road worthy due to a rollover that crushed the cab. I plan on using the entire drivetrain (engine, trans, transfer case if necessary) and computer. For me, this is about the best way to get EFI/OD since decent salvage yards are few and far between in my area and aftermarket EFI/OD could run into several thousand dollars, which I can't afford. I'm wondering if this complete swap is feasible or if I should look for another way.

Old 08-14-2003, 11:30 PM
traildawg
Senior User
E4od Swap

The only problems I could foresee would be having to relocate or possibly fabricate a new transmission crossmember. Also, if memory serves me correctly the 1356 T-case is a lot bigger than the D-20, which could lead to frame rail/floor clearance problems. You'll also probably need to get custom driveshafts due to the overall length difference, but it would be hard to say for sure until you have it in and can make actual measurements.

You might want to try asking about this swap over at www.classicbroncos.com as they may be able to go into more detail than I can.

Old 08-15-2003, 09:30 AM
Jelly Rolls
New User
E4od Swap

Thanks for the help.