Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator 1991-1994, 1995-2001, 2002-2005, 2006-2010 Ford Explorer

Installing new seats that have memory, need help on getting power to them? 2006 Explorer

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2020, 11:21 AM
kaw1000r
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Al working

Originally Posted by kaw1000r
The green/blue wire on c341b is the only wire that is thin compared to the other 7 that we splice into. I appreciate all of your help. The seat is in a position where it seems to be back as far as it will go but nothing happens when I hit the button to move forward.
The all green wire on C341B I spliced to the green/violet wire from C352 and it is working. Tried that wire since it was the only 1 left out that was the same gauge. I will work on heated seat tmrw. t/u again for all the help...

Old 02-29-2020, 02:53 PM
shorod
Logistics Pro
Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
Here's a view of connector C341B:

2008 Explorer memory seat C341B

Old 02-29-2020, 02:59 PM
shorod
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by kaw1000r
Yes I have the button for the heated seats and actually have 2 of them. Do you think it might be a bad motor giving me the issue with back/forward? I think it is currently all the way back.
You can test that theory by using your jumpstart pack and preferably a fused lead to connect directly to the motor to see if it will move. Reverse the polarity to move the other direction. The wires for the horizontal forward/backward motor are C341B Green/Blue (terminal location 12) and Green/White (terminal location 10). With ground on the Green/White wire and positive on the Green/Blue wire the seat should move forward. Reverse the wires and the seat should move backward.

-Rod

Old 02-29-2020, 06:15 PM
youngone1234
Senior User
thanks for all the info.

Old 02-29-2020, 07:45 PM
kaw1000r
Freshman User
What I used and it works

Originally Posted by shorod
Here's a view of connector C341B:

2008 Explorer memory seat C341B
Well my wire was green in that position

green wire in bottom left corner. Install in the morning and work on heated seats. Gladly buy you a 6 pack via PayPal

Old 03-03-2020, 06:55 AM
shorod
Logistics Pro
So you have it all working? Glad to hear it!

-Rod

Old 02-12-2021, 12:40 AM
Brian E
New User
Rod can i pick your brain for a few moments

Rod
was hoping you could assist me in wiring up some seats.

I have a 1995 Chevy k2500 that im restoring. It has power seats in it now but they were put in by the previous owner and have seen better days.

I was able to procure a really nice set of leather seats from our local pick your part lot

They came out of a 2008 Lincoln mkx. I had to go back online to come up with this info. I'm 99% sure on this.

Ive tested the motors supplying them with 12 volts to make sure they all function. Which they do. But seats have come along way since I installed some quite a few years ago. I'd like to get the basic movements to function. I believe they have the heat function, which would be nice but not a deal breaker. Since i dont have a switch for that feature anyway.

do you have some free time to pull the schematics and tell me what wires need power and what wires need to be grounded out? The seats have air bags in them. Not that i will use them. I just didnt want to haphazardly start throwing 12 volts around and set the air bag off in my face.

If you have a few minutes, I would be appreciative.

If you want of need photos.. I can provide. Just let me know.

Old 02-13-2021, 08:22 PM
shorod
Logistics Pro
There are several options for the front seats in a 2008 MKZ, so without having to pull schematics for for each of the types, hopefully you can narrow down which type you have. There are 6-way power, 8-way power, power with memory, and climate controlled. Do you happen to know which kind you have?

-Rod

Old 02-17-2021, 07:22 AM
Brian E
New User
There are several options for the front seats in a 2008 MKZ, so without having to pull schematics for for each of the types, hopefully you can narrow down which type you have. There are 6-way power, 8-way power, power with memory, and climate controlled. Do you happen to know which kind you have?

-Rod

Rod
Thank you so much for responding. I wasnt sure if you were still receiving notifications from this thread.

I was about to attempt to solder wires directly from the switch to the motors hopjng that might do the trick. And that may still be the case, but I'll provide you with the information youve requested and let you tell me the best course of action.

Also I was planning to head back to the junk yard and locate the seat heater switches and pull those along with there attached wires and im guessing there will be a relay most likely that is also on the switch wiring harness.

Anyway..to get to your question. Both the passenger seat and the drivers seat have three separate switches. The first switch is forward & reverse as well as raise the front of the seat up or down and raise the rear of the seat up or down. The second (or middle switch ) looks like it just controls the back part of the seat tilting it forward or backwards. The third switch appears to be the lumbar support and has two positions.

I have lots of numbers I can provide you with

The first being what i assume is the main module

Passenger seat
7L1T-14B663-BA
There's a couple other numbers on it but I believe thats the one which identifies it. It also says
MOD ASY - ST Cool/heat

The wiring harness is identified as Ford 7A1T
14A698
G2814
8/17/07

The main tag for the frame is labeled as
PN:8T43-7861700-AA PLT:19

The drivers seat info:
Module. 7T4I-13C789-AD
(Hard to read. But 98% sure)

Wiring harness:
7A1T
14A699
G2814
8/23/07

Seat Frame info
PN:8T43-7861701-BA. PLT:13

On the drivers seat. The switch housing has a total of 12 wires
In, I'll call it row one position 3 is a black wire which appears to be the common ground and position 5 is a green wire with a dark red (maroon) stripe which im assuming is the 12 volt power wire because these two wires interact with the remaining ten wires depending on which switch is being turned on.

If I can provide you with any additional information. Just ask away.

And I really appreciate you helping me sort this out. Schematics are like a foreign language to me. But I can use a multi tester and no problem soldering. I just never did much with actual circuits.

Old 02-19-2021, 09:39 PM
shorod
Logistics Pro
It sounds like you have the 8 way power seats with climate control (heat and ventilation). I'm guessing that since you have all features they car also had memory seats. You'll probably want to bypass the memory function which, since you don't mind wiring/soldering, shouldn't be an issue. You'll need to bypass the seat modules.

I'd like to send you the wiring diagrams for the seats versus me trying to type everything out. I think Ford service manual wiring diagrams are pretty easy to read. If you have questions on them then ask, but I don't want to type everything out to start with.

Please send me a Private Message with your request and an e-mail address I can send the service manual screen captures to (JPEGs) as it's more than I want to upload to this thread as well (wiring diagrams and connector faces).

-Rod

Old 02-19-2021, 11:52 PM
Brian E
New User
It sounds like you have the 8 way power seats with climate control (heat and ventilation). I'm guessing that since you have all features they car also had memory seats. You'll probably want to bypass the memory function which, since you don't mind wiring/soldering, shouldn't be an issue. You'll need to bypass the seat modules.

I'd like to send you the wiring diagrams for the seats versus me trying to type everything out. I think Ford service manual wiring diagrams are pretty easy to read. If you have questions on them then ask, but I don't want to type everything out to start with.

Please send me a Private Message with your request and an e-mail address I can send the service manual screen captures to (JPEGs) as it's more than I want to upload to this thread as well (wiring diagrams and connector faces).

-Rod

I went into my account and tried to send a message but it wouldnt allow me to.

just send them to my gmail acc
Bteflorida@

Im sure you'll know the rest

Thanks again

Old 02-20-2021, 09:20 PM
shorod
Logistics Pro
Email sent.

-Rod

Old 01-03-2022, 07:25 AM
jeffrey21042
Rod - PM Me your email address

Rod, i am using your posts to put explorer memory seats in my daughter's ranger and want to pay you forward with a 6 of beer via paypal. PM Me a paypal email address.

JMc

Old 04-20-2022, 01:57 AM
78dentside
New User
2010 Raptor Power/Heated Seat Install Into 1978 F150

Hello Rod @shorod ,

Full disclosure - total newb here, might need to explain to me like I'm 7 years old - your efforts will be not only appreciated, but reimbursed appropriately. I literally know nada when it comes to these seats. DSM?? Where is that? or wiring in general. <<<That's about where I'm at. So I'll have a friend who does some wiring follow along later.
I visited a local Ford dealership and got the typical runaround about "THAT CAN'T BE DONE, LADY!"
I've been scouring the interwebs for help and came across this thread, thankfully.

Here's the short of it...
Donor: 2010 Raptor SVT Power/Heated seats (Driver/Passenger)
Vehicle: 1978 F150, single cab

I'm attempting to power the seats to set up for mounting in a comfortable position with very little adjustments in the future due to limited space. Would love to have the heated seats working as well. No need for memory. I got these seats for a killer deal and was told that they work perfectly.

Any idea how I would go about gaining these functions for the 78 build?
I bought what I thought were the correct body to seat harnesses but only one connector actually fits and I'm not even sure I need them. I can return them if I can just bypass these connectors directly with what I think you might be calling "jumper wires" and eventually make the connection correctly. It would be much easier for plug and play but I'll follow your advice here. I don't even know if i need to use these connectors??? Again, 7 years old.

If you have any diagrams that would help my friend (and me) to better view what's to be done, it would be greatly appreciated.

So I guess the right ask at this point, is how would YOU go about powering these? (I didn't see any 2010 references above). And how can I avoid setting off the airbags or completely disconnect them?

I can forward more pics if needed.

Thank you in advance for your time. Please send PayPal.
Nicole
(just a girl trying to relive memories after her father's passing, in a similar truck to his)

Last edited by 78dentside; 04-20-2022 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Added pics
Old 04-20-2022, 10:49 AM
shorod
Logistics Pro
Are you pretty confident those seats came from a 2010 Raptor? The connectors on them don't seem to match up to what the factory service manual shows for 2010 Power Memory Seats or just Power Seats. If you're confident they're from a 2010 I'll do some deeper diving in the service manual, but wanted to check before I spent too much time looking in the wrong place.

The factory service manual doesn't break out Raptor specifically so I'm looking in the F-150 section.

-Rod

Memory seat connector C341B

Memory seat connector C369

Quick Reply: Installing new seats that have memory, need help on getting power to them? 2006 Explorer