Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ESP, what won't it cover?

Old 03-24-2016, 10:09 AM
jonrjen
Posting Guru
jonrjen is a splendid one to beholdjonrjen is a splendid one to beholdjonrjen is a splendid one to beholdjonrjen is a splendid one to beholdjonrjen is a splendid one to beholdjonrjen is a splendid one to beholdjonrjen is a splendid one to behold
ESP, what won't it cover?

I know, everyone is getting tired of ESP questions. Most however deal with how has the best price.

My question is directed more to What won't the Premium ESP cover?

I am getting down to the point where I need to make the purchase if I am going to do it. I am sitting at 31,500 and the 36 months are up in July of this year. Using the current mileage per year average I plan to go with the 7 year/100,000 mile ESP and $100 deductible.

Back to my original question, what would be most likely to go out on the truck 2013 F350 FX4 DRW that would not be covered by the Premium ESP? And what would the associated cost of these items average to have fixed.

I appreciate your time, assistance and knowledge.

Old 03-24-2016, 10:25 AM
69cj
Post Fiend
69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.
The most expensive that isn't covered to my knowledge would be water or contaminants in the fuel. 8 to 10 grand.

Old 03-24-2016, 04:04 PM
Just Strokin
Postmaster
Just Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud of
Usually self inflicted problems such as the water in fuel are usually not covered. The water in fuel would probably be covered by your auto insurance policy.

Old 03-24-2016, 04:27 PM
69cj
Post Fiend
69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.69cj has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Just Strokin View Post
Usually self inflicted problems such as the water in fuel are usually not covered. The water in fuel would probably be covered by your auto insurance policy.
Hopefully. The OP is referring to what's not covered by the ESP, not secondary ins. policies.

Old 03-24-2016, 04:36 PM
jonrjen
Posting Guru
jonrjen is a splendid one to beholdjonrjen is a splendid one to beholdjonrjen is a splendid one to beholdjonrjen is a splendid one to beholdjonrjen is a splendid one to beholdjonrjen is a splendid one to beholdjonrjen is a splendid one to behold
I am speaking more warranty related as to manufacturer covered items. Such as expensive emission related parts, exhaust filters, sensors and such. As I understand it would be a safe insurance coverage for a radiator replacement which seems to be all to common.

Old 03-24-2016, 05:20 PM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.
I don't think radiators/coolers are covered?? I think it's the engine (long block) and transmission only. I don't think the coolers, radiator, brake system, exhaust system, and any chassis/suspension part is covered. Obviously, nothing inside the cab either.

The long block does include the turbo, egr system, water pump, heads and obviously the internals. Add the transmission and that's it. The covered items are listed in the paperwork, so it should be easy to find.

Old 03-24-2016, 05:36 PM
69cj
Post Fiend
A true ESP is a basic bumper to bumper minus expendable items such as brakes, wipers, maintenance etc.

Old 03-24-2016, 05:41 PM
swarf_rat
Elder User
swarf_rat has a good reputation on FTE.swarf_rat has a good reputation on FTE.swarf_rat has a good reputation on FTE.
It depends on the ESP plan doesn't it? The OP asked about the Premium plan. It is pretty comprehensive, covers the radiators, brakes, electronics, etc. Just no wearing parts and normal maintenance.

Ford offers three levels, the basic one covers a lot less.

Old 03-24-2016, 06:22 PM
Dakster
Post Fiend
Dakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputation
That is the way I read it too swarf rat... In addition to your list, It typically doesn't cover trim/bright work, carpets, the seats themselves, the physical dashboard "shell" either. I'd have to double check but usually door, moonroof, and windows seals are excluded too... I can't think of anything "major" that wouldn't be covered.

I got the top of the policy with a $0 deductible. and I added premium rental coverage policy too, since rental cars up here can get stupid priced. Usually when I don't buy extended warranty/insurance things break and when I do nothing happens... So I bought it so nothing would happen. Just like I bought tire and rim protection on my wife's car because when I didn't she went through 2 rims and 4 tires within a year and now that I have it, she hasn't so much as gotten a flat or nail in over 3 years - whereas I never get flats/nails so I skipped that on mine and have gotten 2 nails in tires within 5k miles...

Old 03-24-2016, 06:52 PM
69cj
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Dakster View Post
That is the way I read it too swarf rat... In addition to your list, It typically doesn't cover trim/bright work, carpets, the seats themselves, the physical dashboard "shell" either. I'd have to double check but usually door, moonroof, and windows seals are excluded too... I can't think of anything "major" that wouldn't be covered.

I got the top of the policy with a $0 deductible. and I added premium rental coverage policy too, since rental cars up here can get stupid priced. Usually when I don't buy extended warranty/insurance things break and when I do nothing happens... So I bought it so nothing would happen. Just like I bought tire and rim protection on my wife's car because when I didn't she went through 2 rims and 4 tires within a year and now that I have it, she hasn't so much as gotten a flat or nail in over 3 years - whereas I never get flats/nails so I skipped that on mine and have gotten 2 nails in tires within 5k miles...
Life's a bitch and then you die, lol

Old 03-24-2016, 07:00 PM
Dakster
Post Fiend
Dakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputation
That's why I bought a copious amount of life insurance... Hoping it works for that too!

Old 03-24-2016, 09:11 PM
tony montana 42
Senior User
tony montana 42 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have the Premium esp threw ford. Just replaced both of my front hubs and just paid my 100 dollar deductible. I hear it covers everything but like the radio, paint.

Old 03-24-2016, 09:22 PM
jonrjen
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by tony montana 42 View Post
I have the Premium esp threw ford. Just replaced both of my front hubs and just paid my 100 dollar deductible. I hear it covers everything but like the radio, paint.
Actually it does cover the radio.

Old 03-24-2016, 09:28 PM
swarf_rat
Elder User
swarf_rat has a good reputation on FTE.swarf_rat has a good reputation on FTE.swarf_rat has a good reputation on FTE.
The deductible is an interesting topic. I was going to opt for the $200 deductible, but zero is only $400 more. If they are really charging $100 just to open the file on your repair, then maybe $0 is the right answer?

Old 03-24-2016, 09:54 PM
Dakster
Post Fiend
I picked $0... just because then they can't mess with you. And it wasn't all that much more for the plan I picked either. I figure a couple of repairs and it more than paid for itself.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ESP, what won't it cover?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: