Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Side Saddle Tank

Old 03-23-2016, 09:22 PM
arniet
Freshman User
arniet is starting off with a positive reputation.
Side Saddle Tank

Does anyone make a side saddle tank for our 6.7s? I hate all of that space just in back of the cab going to waste. Please no bashing about fire danger, this will not be any worse for our trucks than any other truck with exposed diesel tanks. Driver side only, I do not want to work around the DPF. Titan does not make a tank for my club cab, and moving the spare to the bed is a non starter with the fifth wheel.
I am considering the sidekick (pork chop) tank from Titan, if the side saddle does not exist.

Thanks for the help.

Old 03-24-2016, 05:53 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.ruschejj has a spectacular reputation.
Do you have a long bed truck? I have a 50 gallon tank in the bed where most folks put a toolbox. Works great and doesn't interfere with the fifth wheel. In bed tanks are the most economical option.

Old 03-24-2016, 09:50 PM
bubba_78363
Senior User
bubba_78363 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I also have the RDS 60gallon tank/toolbox combo with Short bed and the Anderson hitch. Has about 3"to spare between tank and hitch.

Matt

Originally Posted by ruschejj View Post
Do you have a long bed truck? I have a 50 gallon tank in the bed where most folks put a toolbox. Works great and doesn't interfere with the fifth wheel. In bed tanks are the most economical option.

Old 03-24-2016, 10:19 PM
Dakster
Post Fiend
Dakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputationDakster has a superb reputation
I have to look again, but I seem to recall that my exhaust system takes up too much of the passenger side area for a side saddle tank to get added there. I think that is why there is a replacement larger tank for the drivers side or as other's have stated in bed AUX tanks...

I was more interested in adding another tank to the underside of the truck too - rather than in the bed, since I like having full use of my long bed truck. And like you I don't want to lose my spare tire (especially up here in the last frontier where cell service and tire stores are few and far between.