Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rebuilt injectors

Swamps or Rosewood?
Any recommendations?

Old 03-02-2016, 07:53 PM
z31freakify
Hotshot
Received 1,186 Likes on 815 Posts
I say Rosewood, because I have them and because he is a site sponsor.

Old 03-02-2016, 08:07 PM
HKusp
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Look up P.I.S.

Old 03-02-2016, 08:31 PM
oldboots1950
Senior User
Anyone ever use RiffRaff rebuilds?

Old 03-02-2016, 08:33 PM
HKusp
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
I believe he uses Full Force Diesel, Ryan Casserly at least he used to.

Old 03-02-2016, 08:43 PM
SRBF150
Laughing Gas
Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
PIS is selling new injectors for $1650 FWIW. They also sell remans.

Old 03-02-2016, 08:59 PM
jhl3
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Another vote for P.I.S. I say "NEW" because you won't believe the difference until you try 'em and the price is just a tad more for new AC's

Link:

NEW Injectors

If you decide to call, ask for Tim. Great no nonsense kind of guy that will give you excellent advice.

He also posts here occasionally: Tim at pis

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - View Profile: Tim at pis

Old 03-02-2016, 09:37 PM
carguy3j
Elder User
Originally Posted by jhl3
Another vote for P.I.S. I say "NEW" because you won't believe the difference until you try 'em and the price is just a tad more for new AC's.......
Technically that may be true.... But the catch is the "core" charge (which is a big steaming pile of bull poop when it comes to NEW parts. They have no right to ask for a core charge on new. Its outright theft!). Not only do they have the nerve to claim a "core" charge on brand new injectors, it would appear that your stock AD/AE codes would NOT be acceptable as a core, for new Alliant AC's (at least according to everything I've read). Even if I had the money, I would never buy new Alliant injectors, until they change their policy of essentially stealing cores (under threat of what amounts to blackmail-like "core" charges) from buyers.

I bought 180/0 singles remans from Full force Diesel (Casserly).
As far as I can tell, they work just fine, and the price was pretty good.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:36 PM
abowman
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Running unlimited diesel injectors 230-80 remans just fine great guys and lifetime warranty from failure not caused buy you or normal wear.

Old 03-03-2016, 06:09 AM
jhl3
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by carguy3j
Technically that may be true.... But the catch is the "core" charge (which is a big steaming pile of bull poop when it comes to NEW parts. They have no right to ask for a core charge on new. Its outright theft!). Not only do they have the nerve to claim a "core" charge on brand new injectors, it would appear that your stock AD/AE codes would NOT be acceptable as a core, for new Alliant AC's (at least according to everything I've read). Even if I had the money, I would never buy new Alliant injectors, until they change their policy of essentially stealing cores (under threat of what amounts to blackmail-like "core" charges) from buyers.

I bought 180/0 singles remans from Full force Diesel (Casserly).
As far as I can tell, they work just fine, and the price was pretty good.
I could not agree with you more on the core charge. I too was surprised and felt ripped off when I was told I would have to pay it if I kept my old injectors. P.I.S. and all of the others that I talked with said that the charge is being assessed by Alliant and not them. Some one had a great explanation for this is a thread several years ago....

I had no problem avoiding the core charge once I shipped my OEM e99 cores to P.I.S.

Which vendor told you that the stock AD/AE codes were not acceptable as cores?

Old 03-03-2016, 08:41 AM
SRBF150
Laughing Gas
Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts
PIS does accept AD injectors as cores for their injectors. I just completed the purchase and return of cores. Sounds like someone has a flag to burn to me.

Old 03-03-2016, 09:22 AM
carguy3j
Elder User
Originally Posted by jhl3
........ P.I.S. and all of the others that I talked with said that the charge is being assessed by Alliant and not them. Some one had a great explanation for this is a thread several years ago....

I had no problem avoiding the core charge once I shipped my OEM e99 cores to P.I.S.

Which vendor told you that the stock AD/AE codes were not acceptable as cores?
Originally Posted by SRBF150
PIS does accept AD injectors as cores for their injectors. I just completed the purchase and return of cores. Sounds like someone has a flag to burn to me.
Yes, I am aware that it is Alliant, and not any individual vendor. I was not trying to single out PIS, if that is what it appeared to be. Nonetheless, I do still have a bone to pick with ALL the vendors that go along with that. You or I calling/writing to Alliant and complaining is 100% meaningless, and will cause zero "frack"s to be given by Alliant.
However, if all these diesel performance vendors (who likely make up a significant portion of Alliant's sales of 7.3L/T444e injectors at this point) all got together and collectively informed Alliant they would no longer be complicit in Alliant's theft of injector cores from their customers, then it may get there attention. If all, or at least a number of the biggest vendors inform Alliant they would no longer pass along, nor would they themselves honor/pay any core charges from Alliant, for new injectors; and told Alliant either stop or we all stop selling your products, then I think they would see the light.

As for AD/AE not being accepted as cores: When I was looking, over the summer, I found clear statements, on many vendors websites, that only like for like (same injector code) would be accepted on new Alliant injectors. It was sometimes buried in Core FAQS, and other fine print but it was there. Swamps confirmed this over the phone. I think ( but can't recall for certain) that I called at least one or two other places and got the same answer. So, I assume that was also an Alliant policy. Now, several of the places I looked at were not "performance" vendors. They were places that sold heavy duty truck parts, such as for International branded trucks. I was shopping as though I had a 4700 flatbed with a T444e. These kind of places seemed to have the lowest price on new AC's.
A quick google search right now did not reveal any such statements. Maybe Alliant has since changed their policy? Maybe individual vendors are doing their own thing and accepting other codes, in order to get the cores for themselves ( and I guess eating the Alliant core charge on their end?).

As I said, even if I could afford it, or if could get around it with sending other cores, I still wouldn't - Just on principle. Every time someone just sucks it up and either pays the core charge, or sends in cores, it just reinforces and rewards Alliant's bad, unethical policy.

Old 03-03-2016, 10:49 AM
oldboots1950
Senior User
low voltage on GPR was the problem.

Thanks for all the input. I was thinking the worst case with having 199,650 miles after having a terrible time getting my truck started yestersay.
I also considered the better alternative and picked up a GPR while in town yesterday.
I tested GPR pass thru voltage this morning and was losing 1.25 volts through the GPR. I installed the new GPR, checked oil level on HPOP in case of bleed down in the injectors. I hit the key and truck started better than it has in a long time.
Point being, don't spend the big bucks when $55.00 will make that 7.3 Humm again.

Old 03-03-2016, 11:58 AM
jhl3
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by carguy3j
Yes, I am aware that it is Alliant, and not any individual vendor. I was not trying to single out PIS, if that is what it appeared to be. Nonetheless, I do still have a bone to pick with ALL the vendors that go along with that. You or I calling/writing to Alliant and complaining is 100% meaningless, and will cause zero "frack"s to be given by Alliant.
However, if all these diesel performance vendors (who likely make up a significant portion of Alliant's sales of 7.3L/T444e injectors at this point) all got together and collectively informed Alliant they would no longer be complicit in Alliant's theft of injector cores from their customers, then it may get there attention. If all, or at least a number of the biggest vendors inform Alliant they would no longer pass along, nor would they themselves honor/pay any core charges from Alliant, for new injectors; and told Alliant either stop or we all stop selling your products, then I think they would see the light.

As for AD/AE not being accepted as cores: When I was looking, over the summer, I found clear statements, on many vendors websites, that only like for like (same injector code) would be accepted on new Alliant injectors. It was sometimes buried in Core FAQS, and other fine print but it was there. Swamps confirmed this over the phone. I think ( but can't recall for certain) that I called at least one or two other places and got the same answer. So, I assume that was also an Alliant policy. Now, several of the places I looked at were not "performance" vendors. They were places that sold heavy duty truck parts, such as for International branded trucks. I was shopping as though I had a 4700 flatbed with a T444e. These kind of places seemed to have the lowest price on new AC's.
A quick google search right now did not reveal any such statements. Maybe Alliant has since changed their policy? Maybe individual vendors are doing their own thing and accepting other codes, in order to get the cores for themselves ( and I guess eating the Alliant core charge on their end?).

As I said, even if I could afford it, or if could get around it with sending other cores, I still wouldn't - Just on principle. Every time someone just sucks it up and either pays the core charge, or sends in cores, it just reinforces and rewards Alliant's bad, unethical policy.
As I stated earlier. I completely agree. I did not think you were singling P.I.S. out. I simply wanted to make sure that no one else thought you/we were either.

Is there a viable alternative to Alliant?

Originally Posted by oldboots1950
Thanks for all the input. I was thinking the worst case with having 199,650 miles after having a terrible time getting my truck started yestersay.
I also considered the better alternative and picked up a GPR while in town yesterday.
I tested GPR pass thru voltage this morning and was losing 1.25 volts through the GPR. I installed the new GPR, checked oil level on HPOP in case of bleed down in the injectors. I hit the key and truck started better than it has in a long time.
Point being, don't spend the big bucks when $55.00 will make that 7.3 Humm again.
Congratulations. It does not get much easier or cost effective than that.

Old 03-03-2016, 11:58 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,459 Likes on 2,849 Posts
I plan to go with Rosewood premium rebuild AD injectors because I believe that he uses the cores that I send in from my truck if possible. What this means to me is that I am 99% sure I will get a good core back instead of something that may be prone to failure early on.

Quick Reply: rebuilt injectors