1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power sliding rear window

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 10:55 PM
whomrig
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pm1250
I did fail to mention that I was told at the dealership I could purchase the switch and harness and install it my self, I just think that after spending 40k+ dollars this should not be an issue.
I have to ask....did you get this used or new. oh, pm me your vin, I want to see if I can get your build sheet

Old 02-21-2016, 12:07 AM
moymurfs
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I did fail to mention that I was told at the dealership I could purchase the switch and harness and install it my self, I just think that after spending 40k+ dollars this should not be an issue.
It absolutely wouldn't be IF you paid 40k+...+$420 for a rear sliding window. Did you??

Old 02-21-2016, 07:33 AM
The Bone
Cargo Master
Received 229 Likes on 165 Posts
Sounds like he cant find the switch for the window. Read the window sticker. It will say if you got the package with the power window. I cant believe ford would put the power window stuff in the truck and not wire it up. It's a big waste of money for them to install all that stuff and not put in the switch.

Old 02-21-2016, 07:43 AM
Pm1250
New User
Originally Posted by The Bone
Sounds like he cant find the switch for the window. Read the window sticker. It will say if you got the package with the power window. I cant believe ford would put the power window stuff in the truck and not wire it up. It's a big waste of money for them to install all that stuff and not put in the switch.
Correct I and the local Ford dealer cannot find the switch or the wiring harness

Old 02-21-2016, 08:42 AM
Pm1250
New User
Originally Posted by Hoss416
Like a previous poster said, if you paid for the option it should be fixed. If you didn't, the only responsibility to the dealer should be to put the proper rear window in. So which one was it?
I purchased the truck used from a New and Used dealer when purchased the window sticker which is not a Ford Factory produced sticker does say power sliding rear window.

Old 02-21-2016, 08:44 AM
Pm1250
New User
Originally Posted by whomrig
I have to ask....did you get this used or new. oh, pm me your vin, I want to see if I can get your build sheet
Sent you a pm

Old 02-21-2016, 08:48 AM
Pm1250
New User
Originally Posted by firebirdparts
I don't get why you guys think getting a free option is bad. I'd wire that thing up and use it.
I'm not opposed to just wiring it up and using it, it is just my own lowly opinion/thoughts that if ford actually did put the window in from the factory it should be operational. I purchased the truck used and only have the window sticker which was on it at the time of purchase to reference. The local ford dealer who has done all the warranty work so far has provided the rest of the information at no charge and that may be what the info is worth. Again, as a first time ford buyer/owner maybe I am just expecting too much out of the vehicle/company.

Old 02-21-2016, 08:48 AM
Hoss416
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I purchased the truck used from a New and Used dealer when purchased the window sticker which is not a Ford Factory produced sticker does say power sliding rear window.
It's a used truck. The previous owner could have had the window installed. This isn't a Ford issue in my opinion, this is a used vehicle issue. As far as the dealer window sticker goes, is it a Ford dealer?

Old 02-21-2016, 08:56 AM
Pm1250
New User
Originally Posted by Hoss416
It's a used truck. The previous owner could have had the window installed. This isn't a Ford issue in my opinion, this is a used vehicle issue. As far as the dealer window sticker goes, is it a Ford dealer?
Yes and according to them it is a factory install. They stated they could tell the difference because of a small number in the corner of the window. I am not familiar with things Ford does and I am only relaying what the local ford dealer service advisor and certified technicians are telling me.

Old 02-21-2016, 09:07 AM
Pm1250
New User
Originally Posted by moymurfs
Question #1: Did you PAY (either in an equipment or convenience package or by itself) for a sliding rear window in that truck?

If yes, Then it should be equipped with it in an operational status. Raise hell to the dealer.

If no, why are you complaining?? You got a $420 option for the cost of a partial harness and switch. Go get the appropriate harness and switch and you are ahead of the game. If it really bugs you that much I'm sure someone within 10 miles of you would be ecstatic to swap.

The ONLY caveat I see is if you special ordered that truck with exactly what you wanted. If you bought it off the lot, and had obviously inspected it, then it stands to reason a dealer wouldn't be inclined to spring for the change after the sale.

Here is the sticker info that was on the truck at purchase.

2015 Ford Super Duty F-250 SRW XLT
VIN:

Stock Num:
FED38487
Make:
Ford
Model:
Super Duty F-250 SRW
Trim:
XLT
Model Num:
W2B
Mileage:
Doors:
Trans:
Automatic
Engine:
6.2L 8-Cyl Engine
Drivetrain:
Four Wheel Drive
Body:
Pickup Truck
Options
SYNC with MyFord Touch & SYNC Services includes: 911 assist, USB port, AppLink, 8 LCD color touch-screen in center stack, IP mounted inverter (110v/150w) upper closable media hub with 2 USB ports, SD card reader, audio/video input jacks, 12 volt powerpoint, 5-way steering wheel control switch and 4.2 LCD productivity screen with menus for gauge setup, trip computer, fuel economy and towing/off-road applications, SYNC Services include traffic, turn-by-turn directions, business search, send to SY
Regular Amplifier
Navigation System with HD & Satellite Broadcast
SiriusXM Satellite Radio includes: SiriusXM U.S, satellite service is available in the 48 contiguous United States and D.C
Radio: Premium Sony Audio with Single CD includes: auxiliary audio input jack, 8-speakers and subwoofer
Sony Speakers
Fixed Antenna
Voice-Activated Navigation System includes: HD & Satellite Broadcast
Radio with Speed Compensated Volume Control
Regular Box Style
Manual Tailgate/Rear Door Lock
Full-Size Spare Tire Stored Underbody with Crankdown
Fully Automatic Aero-Composite Halogen Headlamps with Delay-Off
Fully Galvanized Steel Panels
Clearcoat Paint
Power Rear Window with Defroster
Steel Spare Wheel
Front License Plate Bracket
Variable Intermittent Wipers
Perimeter/Approach Lights
Tires: LT275/65Rx20E OWL A/T (4) includes: 1 LT275/70Rx18E BSW A/T spare tire
Cargo Lamp Integrated with High Mount Stop Light
Wheels: 20 Cast Aluminum with Painted Pockets includes: bright hub cover/center ornaments
Tires: LT275/65Rx20E OWL A/T includes: LT275/70Rx18E BSW A/T spare tire (1)
Front Bumper with 2 Tow Hooks
Black Side Windows Trim and Black Front Windshield Trim
Tires: LT275/65Rx20E OWL A/T (4) includes: LT275/70Rx18E BSW A/T spare tire (1)
Front Fog Lamps
Wheels: 20 Platinum Cast Aluminum includes: black painted pockets
Step Bumper
Tailgate Rear Cargo Access
Tailgate Step & Handle
Deep Tinted Glass
Remote Start System(s)
Cruise Control with Steering Wheel Controls
Keypad
Outside Temp Gauge
5 12V DC Power Outlets and 1 AC Power Outlet
Fade-To-Off Interior Lighting
Gauges includes: Speedometer, Odometer, Oil Pressure, Engine Coolant Temp, Tachometer, Inclinometer, Transmission Fluid Temp, Engine Hour Meter, Trip Odometer and Trip Computer
Delayed Accessory Power
8-Way Power Passenger Seat includes: Power 2-Way Lumbar Support
Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column
Premium Leather Seating Surfaces 40/Console/40 includes: 10-way power driver and passenger seating (6-way power adjustable track, 2-way power recline and 2-way power lumbar), easy entry/exit memory feature, 4-way adjustable driver/passenger headrests, matching 60/40 rear bench with partitioned locking under-seat storage, 12V powerpoint and flow-through console with 110v/150w inverter outlet in rear
Front Center Armrest and Rear Center Armrest
Manual with Tilt Front Head Restraints and Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
Rear Cupholder
Universal Garage Door Opener
Power Rear Windows
Securilock Anti-Theft Ignition (pats) Engine Immobilizer
Perimeter Alarm
Leather Bucket Front Seats with Leatherette Back Material and Power 2-Way Driver Lumbar
Interior Trim includes: Chrome And Metal-Look Interior Accents
Front Seats with Power 2-Way Driver Lumbar
2 Seatback Storage Pockets
Full Floor Console with Locking Storage and 5 12V DC Power Outlets
Manual Adjustable Rear Head Restraints
60-40 Folding Split-Bench Front Facing FlexFold Flip Forward Cushion/Seatback Rear Seat
5 Person Seating Capacity
Driver And Passenger Visor Vanity Mirrors with Driver And Passenger Illumination
Front And Rear Map Lights
Systems Monitor
8-Way Power Driver Seat includes: Power Recline, Height Adjustment, Fore/Aft Movement, Cushion Tilt and Power 2-Way Lumbar Support
Dual Zone Front Automatic Air Conditioning
Remote Start System
8-Way Power Driver Seat includes: Power 2-Way Lumbar Support
Remote Keyless Entry with Integrated Key Transmitter, Illuminated Entry and Panic Button
Front Cupholder
Full Carpet Floor Covering includes:

Old 02-21-2016, 09:15 AM
Hoss416
Senior User
You may have an issue with the dealership. They posted sliding rear window on their tag, even though the VIN does not imply it. With the Service Rep and Sales Rep dissing the company, I would consider taking it to another dealership. What dealer did you buy it from? I saw it for sale at Jerry Durant Auto Group, which doesn't appear to be a Ford dealer.

Old 02-21-2016, 02:28 PM
dscabra
Tuned
I would take that sticker to the dealer and demand they "fix" the power sliding rear window you believed you were buying. If they advertised it, they should stand behind it.

Edit: I responded before reading to the end of the thread. If you bought from a non-Ford dealer, you may be out of luck. Did you get a car-fax report? Any chance the vehicle was repaired after a theft or accident?

Old 02-21-2016, 05:03 PM
SD Dually
Senior User
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I would get a build sheet from Ford, that would determine whether it was factory or not, you may be able to just call customer service and give them your vin and they will be able to tell you.
Also these rear windows are glued in, you can look behind the edge of the glass and if there is a nice clean straight bead of adhesion then it is probably factory, if the bead is wavy or a little messy in any way, then it is more than likely not factory.
The person at the dealer that typed up (their) window sticker may have some knowledge about Super Duties, and having seen the electric heating element in the rear glass made him/her think that it is also power sliding as well, as I don't think Ford offers heated rear glass without a Power slide window in it.

I feel what will happen here is :

If its on the build sheet, Ford should send you to an authorized dealer to have it hooked up properly with all OEM parts, at no charge.

If it left the factory but is NOT on the build sheet, then the dealer you bought it from should pay an authorized Ford dealer to have it hooked up, as it was advertised,from them.
or Ford will send you to an authorized dealer to have the proper window put in.

I personally would leave it alone if the window was not on the build sheet, that's a nice gift option to have, also if the window was not on the build sheet the window may have to be manually wired straight to the battery with a switch for it to work, even if a "partial" harness is under the carpet or under the dash somewhere, chances are it won't work, as it will not be programmed into the body control module. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

SD Dually

Old 02-21-2016, 07:51 PM
davester250
Elder User
Yeah, it's a used truck. If the dealer sold it to you saying it had a power rear window, it's up to the dealer to make it right.

FoMoCo's not part of this transaction, even if it were on the original build sheet, because anything could have happened to the truck since it was originally sold. Hell, it's possible Ford [or the original dealer] took the truck back from the original purchaser at least partially because of this issue, and then just sold it used vehicle.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:18 PM
Pm1250
New User
Since a lot of people seem to believe that this is nothing that ford will actually take responsibility for I have tried to look around and find the factory wiring harness and switch from ford but I am not having any luck. Would anyone happen to have a link to shop or lookup parts other than fordparts.com. I have looked there and have not been able to find the parts listed there. Any ideas

Quick Reply: Power sliding rear window