It's (Vin) Diesel Time - Page 17 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1978 - 1996 Big Bronco  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's (Vin) Diesel Time

Old 03-14-2017, 11:25 AM
Elder User

fe390pc has a good reputation on FTE.fe390pc has a good reputation on FTE.
Well good luck and at least you have a plan.
Old 03-14-2017, 11:51 AM
Senior User

B-Rad88 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UP_There View Post
Wow.......great attitude! I think I'd be ready to throw a match on it all by now lol
I'm the one telling him constantly he should just sell it and by a Civic. It would be less of a hassle for him. Haha
Old 06-14-2017, 08:19 PM
Posting Guru

Bubba Jones has a good reputation on FTE.Bubba Jones has a good reputation on FTE.Bubba Jones has a good reputation on FTE.
Here's an update:

I took out the old motor and replaced it with a higher mileage but better taken care of motor. I re-seal/painted the replacement motor and also upgraded the HPOP to a T500 pump, got bellowed up-pipes and ceramic coated them, got a d66 turbo with a 1.0 housing and ceramic coated that, upgraded to Stage 2 160/80 injectors, and got the chip re-tuned.

I also re did most of the fuel lines with stainless braided lines and Russell fittings. I still have a leak at the filter base, but that shouldn't be too difficult to replace if I can't get any sealant or JB weld to stop the leak.

Not an exciting video by any means:

Old 06-15-2017, 05:23 AM
Post Fiend

Diesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant future
Looks great. I REALLY need to get going on my bronco
Old 06-15-2017, 10:25 PM
Posting Guru

Bubba Jones has a good reputation on FTE.Bubba Jones has a good reputation on FTE.Bubba Jones has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Brad View Post
Looks great. I REALLY need to get going on my bronco
Haha yeah. I had my initial swap done in like only 2 months! Then a ran into a heap of issues the coming months due to getting a very poorly maintained motor.

Then when I realized the motor was probably bad, pulling that and installing this one took me like 6 months! It probably would have only taken my about a month, but I ended up helping tons of friends/neighbors out with things here and there that I just never got around to my own stuff! I finally put some time aside for my self these last few weeks and really got things done. I just finished re sealing up my fuel filter housing hoping that all the leaks are done now!

When I jump the fuel pump, it didn't seem to leak any so I'll see after driving around if it drips some more. Good thing the e-fuel kit is easy to access on the bottom of the truck!

Where you planning on doing a 7.3 swap in your Bronco too? And what year was it? I'm sure you mentioned this before but I don't quite recall what it was!
Old 06-16-2017, 05:26 AM
Post Fiend

Diesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Jones View Post

Where you planning on doing a 7.3 swap in your Bronco too? And what year was it? I'm sure you mentioned this before but I don't quite recall what it was!
Yes

Donor: 95 f350 4wd 5 speed Cab-n-chassis

Bronco: 96 302 5 speed
Old 06-16-2017, 06:20 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Brad View Post
Yes

Donor: 95 f350 4wd 5 speed Cab-n-chassis

Bronco: 96 302 5 speed
Okay that's pretty much exactly what I did, except my original donor was a 95 f250 5 speed 2wd. It's transmission was trashed though and I couldn't use it anyways because of it being a 2wd, so I got another zf5 from a different truck. The motor in it now is from a 96 f250 so I suppose it's year matching now!

My bronco was originally a 302 5 speed as well. I like manual so much better. It's easier to work on, more fun, and more reliable. Usually cheaper as well from what I can tell.
Old 06-17-2017, 07:54 PM
Elder User

fe390pc has a good reputation on FTE.fe390pc has a good reputation on FTE.
That is one smooth engine Bubba. Great job!
Old 06-20-2017, 09:55 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fe390pc View Post
That is one smooth engine Bubba. Great job!
Thank you! I'm happy with the results now. I was happy with the last motor until I realized it had to be pulled! I didn't regret doing the work then though, it just would have been nice having to do thing only once.

I'm hoping I can get a few hundred thousand miles out of this motor or more with only maintenance items (like oil/coolant/injectors etc) along the way so by the time I need to rebuild things, I'll have a bunch of money set aside for a full performance rebuild!

It sure is nice driving the Bronco again. Especially since my AC works well and its approaching 120 degrees outside.
Old Today, 02:01 AM
Posting Guru

ZombieSlayer has a good reputation on FTE.ZombieSlayer has a good reputation on FTE.
So how many people give you that "wtf" look as you go by
Old Today, 04:38 PM
Posting Guru

Haha I do see that quite a few times. I dropped my mom off at the airport on Wednesday. She texted me saying that someone was asking her if there my Bronco had a powerstroke in it and he was impressed. She didn't know exactly but told him I did a lot of work to it.