Bedrug vs. spray in liner

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 11:06 AM
mark waller
Mountain Pass
Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
Bedrug vs. spray in liner

Hi all,
Getting ready to order the new truck and wanted your thoughts on Bed rug vs. spray in liners. I have had Line-X before and it holds up well but a little hard on the knees. Was wondering if you have any experiences or thoughts. I am also looking to install a Peragon bed cover.
Thanks for the input.
Mark

Old 01-22-2016, 11:23 AM
xr7gt390
Cargo Master
Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts
The bed rug is nice. On my last two trucks I used the BedTred Pro. Looks like spray in but it is a liner. It's a little softer on the knees. I have the Revolver X2 on my current truck. It is my favorite cover so far.

Old 01-22-2016, 11:25 AM
j.grif
Elder User
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I have had the bedrug and the bedtread, bedrug was on my 2012, I prefer that to the bedtread in my 2015, both very durable, the bedrug won't let things slide around like the bedtread, both can be power washed, both hold up to oil and battery acid, they are removable and can be moved to a new one provided you stay in the year range and length. They Velcro in and stay put. The bedtread is also held in by the numerous tie downs provided by Ford in the bed.

Old 01-22-2016, 11:45 AM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mark waller
Hi all,
Getting ready to order the new truck and wanted your thoughts on Bed rug vs. spray in liners. I have had Line-X before and it holds up well but a little hard on the knees. Was wondering if you have any experiences or thoughts. I am also looking to install a Peragon bed cover.
Thanks for the input.
Mark
Hi Mark -

I've had a BedRug in three trucks in a row over the past 13 years and love it! It protects the bed, but also your cargo. When loading furniture or other fragile items, you have a padded surface. A periodic vacuuming with a shop vac keeps it looking good. I also like how the BedRug creates a flat surface on the bed floor, instead of the uncomfortable and uneven sheet metal.

Also glad to hear you're considering a Peragon bed cover, thank you!

- Heath

Old 01-22-2016, 11:51 AM
laketrout
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bedrug for me. I use my truck bed mostly for fishing and camping. Soft on the knees, stuff doesn't slide around, and reels don't get banged up.

Old 01-22-2016, 12:00 PM
mark waller
Mountain Pass
Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
Sounds like the way to go! Thanks

Old 01-22-2016, 09:02 PM
tvsjr
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've had several Bedrugs in various trucks as has my father. We have always had them under commercial aluminum toppers, but they've served us very well. Definitely much more kind to the knees than a spray-in.

Old 01-23-2016, 12:22 AM
Scott Stielow16
Junior User
My 2015 F150 came with the Spray in liner. Yes, it is rough in the knees, but i would still get it if i was ordering a Truck.
Scott

Old 01-23-2016, 05:21 AM
oldakerw
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mark waller
Hi all,
Thanks for the input.
Mark
I have had BedRug on my last two pickups and I love them. Easy on the knees, easy to clean, keeps things in their place.

Old 01-25-2016, 03:55 PM
jr105
More Turbo
Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
I had Linex spray in applied to my last truck's bed and it did protect the bed very well, but like some have said here, it was tough on the knees, things slid around, and it's texture was very abrasive.

I put a bed mat (not bedrug) in this truck and like it a lot. Beside costing lots less, it's a softer surface and things don't slide around. The only issue I have is that I often carry a pair of Kayaks in the back and the humps over the wheels are getting scuffed from taking them in and out. I'm going to try painting the humps with an epoxy paint and see if that helps.

Old 01-26-2016, 02:33 PM
LabCab
Laughing Gas
Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts
I have a fiberglass canopy on my truck. I ordered it with the spray in liner and then put a bedrug, bedmat in on top, which makes it flat.
Best of both worlds!
Enjoy.

The following users liked this post:
Old 01-26-2016, 09:42 PM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Try a different brand of spray in liner. I have Vortex Liner in both of my trucks. It is softer than linex.

Old 01-26-2016, 10:44 PM
brokenleg
Fleet Mechanic
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
I have a Ford rubber mat....(That a bed rug?)

Old 01-27-2016, 01:28 PM
xr7gt390
Cargo Master
Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by brokenleg
I have a Ford rubber mat....(That a bed rug?)
Nope. BedRug is a brand name for a carpet liner. It's a nice product. Check it out.
BedRug Truck Bedliners vs Drop In Liners and Spray-In Liners BedRug - Next Generation Bedliner

Old 01-28-2016, 02:49 PM
fzrider998
Senior User
What am I missing? I've always had a Linex or drop-in bedliner. How do the bed rug's handle mulch/stone/gravel types of loads? I always figured the rugs were for people who maybe had a capper on the bed and didn't haul mulch/stone/etc.

Also, people keep mentioning how nice the rug is on the knees. Not trying to be a wise-guy, but owning trucks for 15 years and I can't think of a time when I was spending time kneeling in my truck's bed. Camping out of the pickup bed, maybe? Just curious...

I will say I miss my spray-in liner. I have a Ford drop-in right now since it came with it. I'm very cheap when it comes to some things and haven't been able to bring myself to do another spray-in...simply because the dealer for it is 30 miles away, they need to keep my truck and at the end of the day, the drop-in works. But the next truck I buy will probably have a spray-in from the factory.

Quick Reply: Bedrug vs. spray in liner