Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Another no start...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 08:21 PM
bigbadbob17
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mazookie
Considering what he has done to the truck I would have to "assume" that it's going to be something "random". In my opinion I would spend the $80 and put a new part in along with cleaning the tube. If I am not mistaken the EBP sensor communicates with the PCM for proper fueling.

I think/hope i found my problem! Ebp tube is in two pieces and it's been that way a while judging by the soot on the outside...I'll put a new one on tomorrow and report back.

Old 02-18-2016, 09:08 PM
Mazookie
Mountain Pass
Awesome! Looking forward to the Op Test results.

Old 02-22-2016, 04:07 PM
bigbadbob17
Freshman User
Update - Still waiting on the EBP tube to come in, NAPA wanted just over $100 for the tube alone and another $160 for the sensor so I found one online with a sensor for less than $70 all in. In the mean time when I pulled off my EBP sensor I had pushed the upper rad hose against the alternator pulley inadvertently and it rubbed through spraying antifreeze all over the engine bay. This led me to realize that there is diesel fuel in my antifreeze.... DOH. I spoke with a mechanic friend and did some online research and I am guessing it is injector cups or possibly a cracked head by the injector cups. Anyone heard of the head cracking near the cups or would it most likely just be cups/Injector O-Rings? Mechanic friend said he thinks it is a 50/50 chance the heads will be cracked......

Old 02-24-2016, 04:41 PM
bigbadbob17
Freshman User
Another Update - After much research I have decided to do the injector cups myself, tool is being shipped as we speak.

The weather has been up and down here lately and I noticed that the outside air temp greatly affects how my truck runs not so much the engine temp, let me explain. I leave it plugged in overnight at work and this morning started it at -19 C. I know the block heater is working it has been tested and the temp gauge in the truck rises when the key is on, this doesn't happen if its not plugged in. It ran really rough this morning with a dead miss and lots of smoke until it warmed up substantially. On the contrary I had it plugged in and started it when it was +3 C a few days ago, the truck had a very light haze of smoke and ran nearly perfect. I know there is an oil temp sensor is there an intake air temp sensor or something that could cause this?

**EDIT** Did a quick search and found that there is indeed an IAT sensor on the truck, mine has an aftermarket cold air intake and I found the sensor laying on the fender caked in greasy dusty nonsense, took it out and cleaned it up I will see if it makes a difference.

Old 02-25-2016, 09:19 PM
bigbadbob17
Freshman User
Update Again -

Cleaned up the IAT sensor, did not make much of a difference in how it starts when its cold outside. I started it last night again after being plugged in for 10 hours and ambient temps approximately -7 C. Had a dead miss and lots of smoke. Had a sleep ( I work nights ) and fired the truck up when I woke up +4 degrees out and the truck was not plugged in. Started with a slight miss and a little smoke but ran way better than it did after being plugged in with the colder ambient temps. I am going to clean out the IPR tomorrow, still waiting on the EBPS tube and sensor to show up and hoping that helps....

Old 03-03-2016, 01:58 PM
bigbadbob17
Freshman User
https://youtu.be/dTNRas_zeiA

Link to a video I made of the truck last night after being plugged in all day. You can hear it run good for a few seconds then the idle slows down and it starts to miss. Ebp sensor changed and ipr cleaned did not help the issue. New injectors on the way

Old 03-03-2016, 02:01 PM
Mazookie
Mountain Pass
After all the stuff you have checked off the list I would have to believe injectors are the logical next step. Looking forward to the results.

Old 03-08-2016, 11:16 PM
bigbadbob17
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Mazookie
After all the stuff you have checked off the list I would have to believe injectors are the logical next step. Looking forward to the results.
Well finished swapping the new injectors in today along with doing all of the injector cups as I had fuel in the coolant. Seems to run better but hard to tell as I was purging out the air from the system and then flushing coolant. Real test will be in the morning when it's cold. Flushed it about 5 times with some simple green on the first few but it was still coming out diesel smelly. Sure hope the cups fixed my problem

Old 03-09-2016, 12:20 AM
varminthunter243
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bigbadbob17
Well finished swapping the new injectors in today along with doing all of the injector cups as I had fuel in the coolant. Seems to run better but hard to tell as I was purging out the air from the system and then flushing coolant. Real test will be in the morning when it's cold. Flushed it about 5 times with some simple green on the first few but it was still coming out diesel smelly. Sure hope the cups fixed my problem
Sounds exactly like mine did when I had injector cup issues. That was over a year ago and it hasn't had that type of problem since. When it was apart for the cups, it also got alot of the parts you replaced before doing the cups. Hopefully that will get it cleared up.