Sponsored by: Moser

ESP / Oasis Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 12:48 PM
walleyeman
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ESP / Oasis Help

Would someone do me a favor? I recently purchased a used 2010 F150 from a non ford dealer, and thgen purchased a ESP Premium plan from a Ford dealer. During the ESP Inspection, they insisted I change a leaking shock in order to qualify to purchase the ESP plan. After picking the truck up, and finalizing the deal, I went through the brochure provided by this dealer. Listed in the exclusions, and with the brakes, hoses, Cat etc..are shocks. When I confronted the dealer, he insists the shocks are covered by the ESP Premium plan.

Can some one clarify this?

Also...I have the replaced shock and there isn't one bit of oil on it.

If I post my VIN..Can someone check? Left rear shock was replaced. I don't have the part number handy.

Thanks

Old 12-23-2015, 05:55 PM
KJ Smith
Laughing Gas
Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts
Shoot a PM to the Ford rep and they will check that for you.

Old 12-24-2015, 09:00 AM
walleyeman
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by KJ Smith
Shoot a PM to the Ford rep and they will check that for you.
Thanks....done

Old 12-24-2015, 03:49 PM
walleyeman
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by walleyeman
Thanks....done
And not helpful at all. Nick the Ford rep tells me I have to discuss this with my service manager. I guess only my service manager can look up coverage with my VIN. jk

Feels like Ford is protecting/defending a dealership error. Paperwork says shocks are not covered. Dealership required I spend almost $400 to replace one shock to qualify for coverage.

Hugely disappointed in Ford. I guess I'll take my question to another dealership.

Old 12-24-2015, 05:35 PM
KJ Smith
Laughing Gas
Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts
I guess only my service manager can look up coverage with my VIN. jk
Yea, he is wrong.... I have a PM in my box from one of the reps verifying my coverage.

Last I heard, on a used truck they will/can charge you a $500.00 inspection fee to qualify for the ESP. If you paid less than that and got a shock consider it good.

My ESP (Premium) considers a shock absorber a maintenance item... no coverage.

Old 12-24-2015, 08:20 PM
walleyeman
Mountain Pass
Yea, he is wrong.... I have a PM in my box from one of the reps verifying my coverage.

Last I heard, on a used truck they will/can charge you a $500.00 inspection fee to qualify for the ESP. If you paid less than that and got a shock consider it good.

My ESP (Premium) considers a shock absorber a maintenance item... no coverage.
The inspection fee was $177 - Pre disclosed and negotiated. Others wanted $98. I went with this dealership since I had purchased several vehicles from them in the past. I think they have grown over the years, the original owners sons are now running things and they are about the bottom line now. Building a relationship doesn't seem to matter. I'll go elsewhere for service now.

Old 12-28-2015, 08:16 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
..Nick the Ford rep tells me I have to discuss this with my service manager. I guess only my service manager can look up coverage with my VIN...
Yea, he is wrong.... I have a PM in my box from one of the reps verifying my coverage...
Hi folks,

Just to clarify, Ford Service reps like Nick and I cannot confirm warranty/ESP coverage for specific parts. We can verify that you have an ESP, for instance, but coverage information for a particular repair will need to be verified at the dealership level.

Crystal

Old 12-28-2015, 10:12 AM
walleyeman
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by FordService
Hi folks,

Just to clarify, Ford Service reps like Nick and I cannot confirm warranty/ESP coverage for specific parts. We can verify that you have an ESP, for instance, but coverage information for a particular repair will need to be verified at the dealership level.

Crystal
Hmmm..So the only place I can get information is from the dealership that I suspect has cheated me, and is lying to cover it up? Convenient

I'll call another dealership - And the ESP 800 number.

THanks

Old 12-31-2015, 02:57 PM
SBV45
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Watch those Extended Service Plans. Read the fine print.
I bought an 09 Explorer. Shortly after buying it with 65K miles I detected a vibration and noise coming from the the front diff. I contacted Ford Customer Relationship Center, giving my VIN# etc to see if there was any relief Ford would provide on the estimated $3,00 repair. The response was "I have researched your concern and after reviewing your records, I see that there are no factory warranties or programs in effect on your vehicle that would provide assistance for your current concern." So I paid the repairs out of pocket.
While at the dealership, a service advisor told me that my vehicle had an ESP that would have covered the repair. The SA said they would see if there was some relief they could get for me. No such luck. So when Ford contacted me to sell me an ESP on my F-150 I said NO!
ESP's are designed to make money for the vendor. If they didn't make money, they wouldn't offer them.