Bronco II Ford Bronco II

I am not in Texas anymore.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 05:43 PM
WeWonIt
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I am not in Texas anymore.

The state of Wisconsin, while much cooler (temp) than my home state, is not made for an East Texas redneck. Now get this Manitowoc WI. has clay pits and trails that run along side the Manitowoc river, perfect for wheeling. the only thing public about this area is a chained off walking trail at the end of the road. And its never used and completely segrigated from the 4x4 trails. But the Police officer that pulled me over informed me that you can not off road in this wonderfully wasted property. Now in my home town an area like this would have been designated to off-road in an effort to keep the back road diches safe. But the people up here don't share my view and they never shut up about my accent. What's a guy to do?
Now I know that the Nicolet National Forrest Pipeline is only 2 hrs North of here but my nice little play area is now off limits, and I just got new shocks. Its like being 8 yrs old and having a playground next door that nobody can play on.
Anybody know of any off-road clubs in my area please contact me.

Old 08-17-2003, 11:30 PM
beefysbronco
Senior User

Oh Man, Your clear over there on the wrong lake. I'm in northern Minnesota. Lots of trails here. They keep making fun of my accent too. They say Oofta and then say I have an accent. LOL

Old 08-20-2003, 03:23 PM
WeWonIt
Elder User

No joke, with the way they speak and mis-pronounce perfectly normal words how could I be the one with an accent. And how do people live with out the words, Ya'll, Fixin, Yonder, and many others. What brings you north, beefysbronco?

Old 08-20-2003, 03:35 PM
beefysbronco
Senior User

The weather. I don't like the heat. I used to vacation here because the fishing is so awesome. When I retired I sold both houses and moved up here, Figured if I am going to be on permanent vacation I might as well go on vacation permanent.

Old 08-20-2003, 04:49 PM
WeWonIt
Elder User

Well I guess that 75 is a better temp than 110, The U.S. Coast Guard moved me here and will be keeping me here for an additional 3 years. I wont complain too much unless they shut the Pipeline down, then I'll raise a ruckess. Enjoy your retirement and I'll keep working towards mine.