Need a Truck, Not Sure What Fits.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 12:34 PM
skadabedop
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need a Truck, Not Sure What Fits.

Hey All,

So currently I own a '96 Bronco in pretty good shape, ~200k miles and still ticking over strong, however the transmission needs some love and it's starting to show its age.

I did the dealership tour, and took a look at all the new toys, and found there's been quite a few changes to the F-series pickups here in the last few years.

What I like about the bronco:
- Tight turning radius
- Handles like a champ in the snow
- Roomy cab.
What I don't like:
- The spare tire carrier is a PITA
- The flip up bench seat isn't great for my dogs.
- I can't carry my motorcycle in the back.

So I checked out the new F150's, and they're awesome. They met all my needs:
- 7000lb towing capacity over the continental divide.
- Room for my dogs in the back seat (flat floor)
- Room for the dirt bikes in the back.

I heard about the 2007 F250's having the flip-out flat floor, but I'm not sure what other trucks have that feature.

I can't afford a new F150, so I'm looking at an older pickup (

Old 11-03-2015, 01:06 PM
Derrick Perez
Junior User
Originally Posted by skadabedop
Hey All,

So currently I own a '96 Bronco in pretty good shape, ~200k miles and still ticking over strong, however the transmission needs some love and it's starting to show its age.

I did the dealership tour, and took a look at all the new toys, and found there's been quite a few changes to the F-series pickups here in the last few years.

What I like about the bronco:
- Tight turning radius
- Handles like a champ in the snow
- Roomy cab.
What I don't like:
- The spare tire carrier is a PITA
- The flip up bench seat isn't great for my dogs.
- I can't carry my motorcycle in the back.

So I checked out the new F150's, and they're awesome. They met all my needs:
- 7000lb towing capacity over the continental divide.
- Room for my dogs in the back seat (flat floor)
- Room for the dirt bikes in the back.

I heard about the 2007 F250's having the flip-out flat floor, but I'm not sure what other trucks have that feature.

I can't afford a new F150, so I'm looking at an older pickup (
I just bought an 04 f150 supercrew Lariat with a short bed and i Love it. The turning radius is a little bit more than what im use to...my previous cars where a 95 caprice and 00 navigator...by far love the ford the most.. handles amazing, nicest interior ive owned (im 6'4 and its very comfortable to drive and the back seat is huge fits me with room to spare..as well as the front seat i can push it back and take a nap comfortably), love the flat back floor for my dogs as well as cargo, and ive had several thousand pounds in the bed and it takes it great. doesnt have quite as much power as id like being my last two v8's were really fast..but it gets the job done..and my 6" lift and 35" tires probably dont help that fact... but I am very happy with it , i test drove a dodge and chevy also...I wasnt a "ford fanboy" yet..i was open to any Good truck..but after driving all 3 im definitly happy i chose the ford.

Old 11-03-2015, 01:19 PM
skadabedop
New User
Originally Posted by Derrick Perez
I just bought an 04 f150 supercrew Lariat with a short bed and i Love it. The turning radius is a little bit more than what im use to...my previous cars where a 95 caprice and 00 navigator...by far love the ford the most.. handles amazing, nicest interior ive owned (im 6'4 and its very comfortable to drive and the back seat is huge fits me with room to spare..as well as the front seat i can push it back and take a nap comfortably), love the flat back floor for my dogs as well as cargo, and ive had several thousand pounds in the bed and it takes it great. doesnt have quite as much power as id like being my last two v8's were really fast..but it gets the job done..and my 6" lift and 35" tires probably dont help that fact... but I am very happy with it , i test drove a dodge and chevy also...I wasnt a "ford fanboy" yet..i was open to any Good truck..but after driving all 3 im definitly happy i chose the ford.
An 04? Really? Would it be possible for you to post some pictures of the back seat, folded up? I've had a hard time finding pictures online.