Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Typhoon intake manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 04:51 PM
Jly154
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Typhoon intake manifold?

Hey guys so I've been thinking about upgrading from my stock intake manifold on my 95 5.8 to a professional products typhoon intake manifold what I need to know is what will I need to do to make it fit right as it is for the mustang and the throttle body port is on the wrong side is it possible to just turn the upper plenum around to face the right direction any help would be appreciated this is the intake manifold I am talking about just for reference http://http://www.americanmuscle.com...695-satin.html

Old 10-24-2015, 06:50 PM
Toplait
More Turbo
I think Conaski could answer these questions better once he logs in. I never done this but I can try.

Yes, you should be able face it either direction...The only problem is, "if you want it facing the passenger side." You will need an elbow type extension piece, "similiar to the 5.0L Explorer." Between the upper intake manifold plenum and the throttle body. To route the intake around the plastic piece around the firewall. -That is my opinion but never tested.

Your EGR tube on the Stock 5.8L is in the passenger exhaust manifold?

-That will need to be routed to the EGR plate between the throttle body and the upper intake manifold plenum. OR...Capped off.... -In my opinion I think it can be routed to the lower intake manifold. Maybe some one else that knows can answer that.

I never done this swap so....If you ever start to do this swap take as many pictures and notes as you can to teach the rest of us. Thanks

Old 10-24-2015, 07:04 PM
Conanski
FTE Legend
Received 967 Likes on 765 Posts
Yes the upper is reversable so it can face the drivers or passenger side and I don't believe there will be any TB clearance problems in a pickup. There is internal manifolding for EGR inside the Typhoon so you can use a mustang style EGR spacer on the TB if you want a fully functional system, if not just bolt a TB on the intake and the EGR passage will be blocked. And this intake takes a 70mm single TB of course so you will need on of those. You will also need an Explorer throttle cable and mounting plate and you may have to modify the plate depending which way the upper faces. I still have one of these intakes for sale too..

Old 10-25-2015, 12:10 PM
Jly154
Junior User
Thanks for all the info guys I recently got rid of my whole get system so you think I'll have to make some modifications to get the TB to fit? Like what kind of mods

Old 10-25-2015, 12:17 PM
Jly154
Junior User
Originally Posted by Toplait
I think Conaski could answer these questions better once he logs in. I never done this but I can try.

Yes, you should be able face it either direction...The only problem is, "if you want it facing the passenger side." You will need an elbow type extension piece, "similiar to the 5.0L Explorer." Between the upper intake manifold plenum and the throttle body. To route the intake around the plastic piece around the firewall. -That is my opinion but never tested.

Your EGR tube on the Stock 5.8L is in the passenger exhaust manifold?

-That will need to be routed to the EGR plate between the throttle body and the upper intake manifold plenum. OR...Capped off.... -In my opinion I think it can be routed to the lower intake manifold. Maybe some one else that knows can answer that.

I never done this swap so....If you ever start to do this swap take as many pictures and notes as you can to teach the rest of us. Thanks
I'll need the elbow extension si it'll fit?

Old 10-25-2015, 12:20 PM
Jly154
Junior User
Originally Posted by Conanski
Yes the upper is reversable so it can face the drivers or passenger side and I don't believe there will be any TB clearance problems in a pickup. There is internal manifolding for EGR inside the Typhoon so you can use a mustang style EGR spacer on the TB if you want a fully functional system, if not just bolt a TB on the intake and the EGR passage will be blocked. And this intake takes a 70mm single TB of course so you will need on of those. You will also need an Explorer throttle cable and mounting plate and you may have to modify the plate depending which way the upper faces. I still have one of these intakes for sale too..
So then u won't have to do anything with my egr? Just put the TB and it blocks it off?
Do you have pictures of yours for sale? How much are you asking?