Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

October Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 04:38 PM
Southern Bronco
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chief have the docs given a due date yet? I think ours will be here around the first of April.

Old 10-11-2015, 05:31 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
They said 4 January but I think he will be here before then.

I got the Truck exterior cleaned up and waxed, it looks so much better.Ready for a good cruise.

So the other day I was driving to Ft Benning in my commute car, I slowed down to show my ID to the guards at the gate. All of a sudden the dash started vibrating like it was about to come off the car. It ended up being the blower fan, but not the bearings, a dang mouse had gotten in there somehow. I removed his dead body out of the fan blades today.

Old 10-11-2015, 06:39 PM
Southern Bronco
Elder User
Originally Posted by ChiefM

I got the Truck exterior cleaned up and waxed, it looks so much better.Ready for a good cruise.

So the other day I was driving to Ft Benning in my commute car, I slowed down to show my ID to the guards at the gate. All of a sudden the dash started vibrating like it was about to come off the car. It ended up being the blower fan, but not the bearings, a dang mouse had gotten in there somehow. I removed his dead body out of the fan blades today.
Been there with the blower thing. Worst animal related thing is removing a cat from a drive belt, best was acouple of years ago I found a kitten had crawled on top of a fuel tank of a linc. ls.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:29 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Moth ***** help on the decompression smell. I used a combination of dryer sheets, cedar rIngs, the big air freshener that goes under the seat and moth ***** to take care of the smell of the mouse that died somewhere in the truck.

The turbo is down to hooking up and mounting the 3in1 gauge. All the parts should be in by midweek. Pulled the glowplugs back out to check for water. Glad I did had water in # 4. I forgot to hookup the oil pressure line before I spun it over. Only pumped 2 qts on the ground.

Old 10-12-2015, 08:44 PM
GTFun06
Senior User
Originally Posted by hturner12
GT glad y'all got out and back ok.. The turbo install is down to: hookup oil lines, put transmission dipstick back in, hookup the gauges, extend oil sending unit wire and finish building the intake ( parts on order).

Bad thing I got to pull the glow plugs back out, thanks to our crazy weather. Took a break and before I could get back outside a downpour popped up. Yes the hood was up and intake was uncovered. Yesterday as I was turning the engine on cylinder had a whole bunch of compression.

GT have you seen the you may have a 6.0 thread?
I haven't seen that thread... I will go look for it. Thanks!

Oh that stinks!! We had some crazy downpours on Saturday too. I was actually trying to clear out some woods in the backyard.

Old 10-12-2015, 08:46 PM
GTFun06
Senior User

Good gracious Chief! It's just 1 thing after another!!!! You need 1 whole week of no car troubles!

Old 10-12-2015, 09:15 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Originally Posted by GTFun06
I haven't seen that thread... I will go look for it. Thanks!

Oh that stinks!! We had some crazy downpours on Saturday too. I was actually trying to clear out some woods in the backyard.
It was actual on the 6.0 forum and it was linked in one of the idi threads

Here is the original

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...a-6-liter.html

Here the continuation on the idi board

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...eaks-down.html

Old 10-14-2015, 08:16 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Good gracious Chief! It's just 1 thing after another!!!! You need 1 whole week of no car troubles!
No worries!!!
I figured there would be issues to deal with after the car and pretty much everything else like lawnmowers, weedeaters, leafblowers and such as they sat around for over 2 years.

The pushmower died so I just bought a new one, I think the gas leafblower gave up the ghost this weekend so guess I will be buying a new one of those this week. Most of my lawn stuff is older so it has meet it life expectancy anyway.

Old 10-14-2015, 08:30 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
The turbo is in, water is out of of the cylinders, glowplugs back in. Take part of the intake to welding shop today to get the CDR mount welded on

The rest of the led light are on order.

New exhaust

New 5 in tip

Low e insulation

Old 10-14-2015, 07:19 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
That looks awesome!! You need to let us know how it runs when you get it dialed in.

I had to put 4 new tires on the commute car today. Had a belt let go in a front tire and the rear tires were pretty old. Getting things squared away. It has taken me a little longer than I thought but all is good.

Old 10-14-2015, 07:58 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
That looks awesome!! You need to let us know how it runs when you get it dialed in.

I had to put 4 new tires on the commute car today. Had a belt let go in a front tire and the rear tires were pretty old. Getting things squared away. It has taken me a little longer than I thought but all is good.
It will be some time next week before I can get it dialed in. Glowshift will not get the bad gauge until Friday. Intake pipe will not be back till Friday. But I could not resist any longer and got it started today. A jump from the Jeep.(some a hole dope head borrowed my battery charger and when he did his midnight move it went with him) A small shot from the can of engine destroyer and came back alive.

Chief
When we do Smokey Bones I drive it over.

I did get the A/C done and worked on lights will the vacuum pump was running.

Old 10-15-2015, 06:26 AM
GTFun06
Senior User
It was actual on the 6.0 forum and it was linked in one of the idi threads

Here is the original

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...a-6-liter.html

Here the continuation on the idi board

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...eaks-down.html

Those are hilarious!!!!

Old 10-15-2015, 06:27 AM
GTFun06
Senior User
It will be some time next week before I can get it dialed in. Glowshift will not get the bad gauge until Friday. Intake pipe will not be back till Friday. But I could not resist any longer and got it started today. A jump from the Jeep.(some a hole dope head borrowed my battery charger and when he did his midnight move it went with him) A small shot from the can of engine destroyer and came back alive.

Chief
When we do Smokey Bones I drive it over.

I did get the A/C done and worked on lights will the vacuum pump was running.
What is this smokey bones? BBQ?

Old 10-15-2015, 07:49 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I was told by Hugh and some other soldiers it was the best BBQ around the Ft Benning area.

I talked to my buddy Dean last night and there is a cruise in this Saturday in Tunnel Hill GA. I talked to the little woman last night and we are looking forward to going. OK I am looking forward to going, she will just be going with me. Dean will get the info together and post on here, SO if you do not have any plans for this Saturday, it sounds like it will a blast.

Old 10-15-2015, 09:09 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
The closet one to you is in Lithonia. On Monday nights after 9 they have a wing special buy any drink and it all u can eat wings for 10 bucks. They start you out with 12 or 14.

Locations - Smokey Bones

Quick Reply: October Chat Thread