New STX GTG Thread - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

New STX GTG Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 02:53 PM
Trying to Gain Knowledge

twg1966 is a name known to alltwg1966 is a name known to alltwg1966 is a name known to alltwg1966 is a name known to alltwg1966 is a name known to alltwg1966 is a name known to all
New STX GTG Thread

Let us start a new thread. I have some things I need to get done on my truck. I had the roof fixed last week. It is sitting with a base paint and clear coat right now. I am going to nickel and dime the body, until I can afford to paint the whole enchilada.

I am looking at a couple of weekends. I am shooting for more of a Saturday/Sunday thing as the annual Friday Night Lights routine has started again. I say we look at the 14th/15th of November or the 21st/22nd of November. That way I don't have any tax work or football stuff to worry about other than a trip out of town for the playoffs on a Friday night.

Ted
Old 09-28-2015, 06:14 PM
Posting Guru

itsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to behold
I'm game for whenever right now. Don't have anything to do to the F350 but I do have a 7.3 motor I would like to tear down.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:01 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

LibTimothy has much to be proud ofLibTimothy has much to be proud ofLibTimothy has much to be proud ofLibTimothy has much to be proud ofLibTimothy has much to be proud ofLibTimothy has much to be proud ofLibTimothy has much to be proud ofLibTimothy has much to be proud ofLibTimothy has much to be proud of
I am already booked on the 14/15th of November.

I am free on the 21st/22nd of November. So, if it is the 21st, then I will see all of you. If it is the 14th, I'll send my best wishes for everyone.

How hard are shift bushings to install?

Timothy

Last edited by LibTimothy; 10-03-2015 at 05:16 PM. Reason: bushings not bearings
Old 09-30-2015, 12:19 PM

Toreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputation
I'm good for both weekends and am down for anything.

Could use the practice tearing down the 7.3 motor since I'll have to pull mine sometime in the Spring.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:26 PM
Senior User

TXdoug has a very good reputation on FTE.TXdoug has a very good reputation on FTE.TXdoug has a very good reputation on FTE.
Checking in, I'm good for either weekend, until something comes up.

No work on mine planned, unless something comes up. Don't mind getting greasy though.
Old 10-03-2015, 05:24 AM
Posting Guru

cameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to behold
I'll be off for the 21 and 22. I'm thinking U-joint replacment.
Old 10-03-2015, 09:28 PM
Trying to Gain Knowledge

twg1966 is a name known to alltwg1966 is a name known to alltwg1966 is a name known to alltwg1966 is a name known to alltwg1966 is a name known to alltwg1966 is a name known to all
Let us set it for the 21/22. I need to do some work on the old girl anyway.

Just let me know a head count and the number of trailers.

Ted
Old 10-07-2015, 05:27 PM
Trying to Gain Knowledge

No new updates here? I know it is over a month out, but thought we might get a preliminary headcount.

Ted
Old 10-07-2015, 09:06 PM
Posting Guru

cameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to beholdcameeks is a splendid one to behold
My head is counted. Even if I'm the only one we can eat some burgers by the fire and shoot at some varmints. I'll make sure it's dead next time.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:24 PM
Posting Guru

itsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to behold
Count me in! it seems like it's the 7.3 crowd again?
Old 10-08-2015, 12:50 AM
Proud Sheepdog

Nicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputation
I need to check the calendar at work, but I may be in for this one. Too bad you all couldn't come to my house last week to help me put the tranny in After I got the new tranny in, the turbo kicked the bucket on the "test drive" of the tranny. I guess the stocker didn't like being boosted to 25psi for the last 3 years.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:51 AM
Proud Sheepdog

Nicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputationNicmike has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameeks View Post
I'll be off for the 21 and 22. I'm thinking U-joint replacment.
Chris, I am pretty sure I have the tool for pressing the u-joints out.
Old 10-08-2015, 05:06 AM
Posting Guru

That's good. The only tool I know of is a socket and a hammer.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:20 AM

Toreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputation
Consider my head counted too
Old 10-08-2015, 11:27 AM
Proud Sheepdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameeks View Post
That's good. The only tool I know of is a socket and a hammer.
I have the C clamp press tool. Should fit the U-joints perfectly from what I am told and have read. Much easier on you and the parts