General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Those pesky little ironies of life...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 04:46 AM
Bluey Zedoff
Laughing Gas
Received 72 Likes on 36 Posts
Those pesky little ironies of life...

So, you see, I went and did some grocery shopping this morning. I was short of a couple of things. Deodorant was one of them. Anyway, I walked past the $2 bargain shop and saw my favourite brand there for $3.99, and I thought "gee, that sounds like a bargain", but I do my shopping in Aldi, which is next door, so I went in.
Priced the deodorant at Aldi and it was one dollar more than the other one, so I didn't buy it.
Hey, a buck is a buck, right?
I went back to the $2 bargain shop, fumbled in my wallet for some cash, found some, and wouldn't you know it, a $2 coin slipped out of my hand and went right under a massive cabinet that fifty people couldn't shift in the shop next door. It wasn't even their shop!
So, ironically, the damned thing cost me more than if I had just said "what the heck" and bought the other one.....
At least I have the deodorant, so the only thing that stinks is the irony of it.

Don't you love those little ironies?

Old 09-13-2015, 06:14 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,108 Likes on 2,168 Posts
<p>i was just getting ready to as where you got a $2 coin, then i remembered you were down under</p>