Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

August Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 04:46 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I doubt we here from Chief for a few days.

Old 08-11-2015, 08:10 PM
yankbs 66f100
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who would you want to spend time with, the wife who has your future son, when he could spend time with a bunch of fun guys talking about our Ford trucks. I could not understand him leaving all of us in the cold. DOH!

Welcome home Chief, and enjoy the time with the family. Hopefully we will see you at Caffeine, and Octane some time soon.

Old 08-11-2015, 08:13 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Originally Posted by yankbs 66f100
Who would you want to spend time with, the wife who has your future son, when he could spend time with a bunch of fun guys talking about our Ford trucks. I could not understand him leaving all of us in the cold. DOH!

Welcome home Chief, and enjoy the time with the family. Hopefully we will see you at Caffeine, and Octane some time soon.
I know even on my short trips I always took one day off

Old 08-13-2015, 09:12 AM
GTFun06
Senior User
Congrats on the son! Geez, I don't check-in for a week and I miss all sorts of news!! When does fall come?? I have to say, this weather is more typical for Georgia...the last few years seemed cooler than normal. But, a high of 75-80 would be really nice right about now!

Old 08-13-2015, 03:55 PM
yankbs 66f100
Elder User
Originally Posted by hturner12
I know even on my short trips I always took one day off
My wife loves to go to Tybee Island. So we'll take a three day trip, come home on Sunday, and Monday is recovery day for me. I have gotten old.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:23 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
My wife loves to go to Tybee Island. So we'll take a three day trip, come home on Sunday, and Monday is recovery day for me. I have gotten old.
Not that kind of trip. The ones where wife could not go.

Old 08-14-2015, 01:01 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Hey guys!!
I am still alive!! Getting caught up on the honey do's. Mowing grass, cleaning vehicles, moving furniture. Starting putting a new liner in the pool. My wife knows I have a going to go crazy getting stuff done so what did she do? She went to go visit her mother in Florida! I don't have to report to Ft Benning till 1 Oct so I am going to get a bunch of stuff done and then be able to relax!! I did manage to clean the Lightning. The battery in the 79 is toast so it looks like I will have to get another. I have to fix the AC in my daughters mustang.

Mailbox is about to fall over, damn I have been gone way too long!!!!

Old 08-14-2015, 01:36 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ChiefM
Hey guys!!
I am still alive!! Getting caught up on the honey do's. Mowing grass, cleaning vehicles, moving furniture. Starting putting a new liner in the pool. My wife knows I have a going to go crazy getting stuff done so what did she do? She went to go visit her mother in Florida! I don't have to report to Ft Benning till 1 Oct so I am going to get a bunch of stuff done and then be able to relax!! I did manage to clean the Lightning. The battery in the 79 is toast so it looks like I will have to get another. I have to fix the AC in my daughters mustang.

Mailbox is about to fall over, damn I have been gone way too long!!!!
I hope she stuck around for a few days

Old 08-15-2015, 01:34 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Hello Georgia folks...enjoy your Saturday.

Old 08-15-2015, 08:22 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Hey all,
Watched a few minutes of the truck race today. I totally detailed the lightning and my commute car today. Cleaned up some of the yard and organized a little bit of the basement. I couldn't bring myself to work on the liner of the pool today. It really kicked my butt yesterday.

Old 08-15-2015, 08:54 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Hey all,
Watched a few minutes of the truck race today. I totally detailed the lightning and my commute car today. Cleaned up some of the yard and organized a little bit of the basement. I couldn't bring myself to work on the liner of the pool today. It really kicked my butt yesterday.
It that thing called getting older.

Old 08-16-2015, 08:44 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Word of advice, If you ever need a pool liner put in and think I can do it myself and save a ton. PAY THE MONEY!! Everywhere hurts.

Thanks Hugh, I didn't need a reminder that I am not a spring chicken anymore. Hopefully the rain will hold off till noon or so and I should have my little project completed by then. Only good thing is I have lost 5 lbs in the last 3 days. Working off the ice cream I ate way too much of in Afghan.

GT I am looking for the stickers. I think I know what box they are in but can't find the box. I thought it was in the office but no luck yet.

Thinking of doing the Caffeine and Octane in September, ANYBODY GAME FOR A GET TO TOGETHER ?????

Old 08-16-2015, 10:34 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Word of advice, If you ever need a pool liner put in and think I can do it myself and save a ton. PAY THE MONEY!! Everywhere hurts.

Thanks Hugh, I didn't need a reminder that I am not a spring chicken anymore. Hopefully the rain will hold off till noon or so and I should have my little project completed by then. Only good thing is I have lost 5 lbs in the last 3 days. Working off the ice cream I ate way too much of in Afghan.

GT I am looking for the stickers. I think I know what box they are in but can't find the box. I thought it was in the office but no luck yet.

Thinking of doing the Caffeine and Octane in September, ANYBODY GAME FOR A GET TO TOGETHER ?????
Here is another. TIP. Oh we can pour a 10x 10. Just by a pallet.(42 bags) of 80 # quickcrete , rent a mixer. We did not make the full 10x10. After I put the 42 bags in the mixer and my friend did the spreading,our tongues were dragging the ground. When you need concrete just pay for the ready mix.

Old 08-17-2015, 06:14 PM
yankbs 66f100
Elder User
Getting closer every year to senior citizen, which is better than the alternative, I have said for years. I don't bounce as high, or heal as fast as I used to, and it takes me all night long to do what I did all night long. Just have had to learn to take my time.

Old 08-17-2015, 11:12 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Getting closer every year to senior citizen, which is better than the alternative, I have said for years. I don't bounce as high, or heal as fast as I used to, and it takes me all night long to do what I did all night long. Just have had to learn to take my time.
Retired
Sleep til you want to get up
Do what you want if you feel like it
Hurt more from all the things you had when working but blew off.
Compare aches, pains and mess with your friends
Tell everyone you are on a fixed income
Ask for the senior discount

What a life

Quick Reply: August Chat Thread